iPod Apps

Got an idea on how things should be done? A problem with something on the site? Voice your opinion!

iPod Apps

Post by The Guardians08 on Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:27 am
([msg=65075]see iPod Apps[/msg])

I was just looking for some new apps for my iPhone, and was wondering if you guys have some apps that you would recommend. Either apps with some great practical use or just fun games. Also, i think it would be cool if HTS created their own app. Essentially it would make the forums, the HTS radio, articles, and general website update information easily accessible.
int foo + int bar = int baz
The Guardians08
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: iPod Apps

Post by LoGiCaL__ on Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:37 pm
([msg=65078]see Re: iPod Apps[/msg])

I'm not a dev. They would have a more detailed response. However, looking at it from a user perspective, I think the best app would be just to be able to do the missions(quick to get to). When(if) you complete them it would post back to the server and give you the respected points. Thinking about it, some phones probably do this now with a web browser. This does bring up a question.

Why would you need an app on a device you can use internet for on the same device?

I like this because it has potential to come up with a good idea. Platform wise, what could we leverage to make unique functions for each device that the other platform couldn't offer? Say, cell phones for instance.....Maybe, you would have to use that to do the phreaking missions(how could we test to make sure its a cell phone?). I would like to see more ideas or even criticism. Just elaborate on the response.
LoGiCaL__
Addict
Addict

Post by anarchy420x on Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:12 am
([msg=65079]see Re: iPod Apps[/msg])

I like the idea of being able to do missions on your phone, but I definitely would like a forum app better. Looking at the forums with the browser is not difficult, but can be a bit tedious at times. I think it might be a positive idea if HTS created an account for apps. Some HTS members might not have the means to donate or may not feel comfortable sending money to HTS but would like to contribute financially to HTS. They could do this by creating an app and giving it to HTS. HTS could then sell said app on the app market place for a $1. HTS doesn't need to specifically sell the apps either if they simply published the apps under an official HTS name, included advertisement about HTS in and around the app, that might bring more people to check out the HTS website. That extra form of advertisement might increase website traffic, which might increase advertisement fee's HTS charges. Making apps or maybe Youtube videos would definitely spread the HTS name farther than it currently is. If they are informative, well put together, and worth watching, it could also help shape how people view HTS and internet security in general. There is quite a bit further this topic could go, but lets avoid a wall of text.
A broken clock is right twice a day, however, I am neither up that early nor up that late...
anarchy420x
Poster
Poster

Post by The Guardians08 on Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:41 pm
([msg=65084]see Re: iPod Apps[/msg])

anarchy420x wrote:I like the idea of being able to do missions on your phone, but I definitely would like a forum app better. Looking at the forums with the browser is not difficult, but can be a bit tedious at times. I think it might be a positive idea if HTS created an account for apps. Some HTS members might not have the means to donate or may not feel comfortable sending money to HTS but would like to contribute financially to HTS. They could do this by creating an app and giving it to HTS. HTS could then sell said app on the app market place for a $1. HTS doesn't need to specifically sell the apps either if they simply published the apps under an official HTS name, included advertisement about HTS in and around the app, that might bring more people to check out the HTS website. That extra form of advertisement might increase website traffic, which might increase advertisement fee's HTS charges. Making apps or maybe Youtube videos would definitely spread the HTS name farther than it currently is. If they are informative, well put together, and worth watching, it could also help shape how people view HTS and internet security in general. There is quite a bit further this topic could go, but lets avoid a wall of text.

I agree. I hope that this idea will be taken seriously because not only would increase revenue and traffic to HTS, but would also improve the website itself. More traffic = More Active People = More Help, Information, Etc. The only problem is that the people running HTS have been a bit inactive lately, and this idea would take some active, motivated people to execute.

Also, i like the idea of Youtube videos. Not only would they be informative and helpful, but it could be an extra source of revenue for HTS.
int foo + int bar = int baz
The Guardians08
New User
New User

Post by fashizzlepop on Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:13 pm
([msg=65085]see Re: iPod Apps[/msg])

Just for the record, there is basically NO development going on right now (from what I've gathered, and I have asked numerous times with no response). An app for the forum would be nice because right now, even through a normal web browser, is a pain in the ass.

An app to do the missions sounds kind of unlikely as it requires things most people need a full computer for.
The glass is neither half-full nor half-empty; it's merely twice as big as it needs to be.
fashizzlepop
Developer
Developer

Post by LoGiCaL__ on Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:31 am
([msg=65093]see Re: iPod Apps[/msg])

I honestly wasn't expecting this to take off anytime soon. Perhaps when things pick back up and possibly expand on the site, this topic can be used as a reference.
LoGiCaL__
Addict
Addict

Post by anarchy420x on Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:34 pm
([msg=65095]see Re: iPod Apps[/msg])

A bit off topic, but where do you want to see the site go, logical?
A broken clock is right twice a day, however, I am neither up that early nor up that late...
anarchy420x
Poster
Poster

Post by LoGiCaL__ on Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:22 pm
([msg=65096]see Re: iPod Apps[/msg])

anarchy420x wrote:A bit off topic, but where do you want to see the site go, logical?

Nothing specific. Just as I read the OP I was thinking about iPod apps and then that got me thinking about the phreaking missions. I thought it would be pretty cool to have an app for smartphones as well. This by the way is not any decision made by HTS. However, eventually down the road as technologically evolves/matures it would be nice to see the hts missions do the same as well and try to keep up with current trends.

I understand this is no easy task and like I said in my previous post, I don't expect anything to take off in the near future as far as this current topic is concerned.
LoGiCaL__
Addict
Addict

Post by ourobor0s on Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:44 pm
([msg=65874]see Re: iPod Apps[/msg])

The Guardians08 wrote:I was just looking for some new apps for my iPhone, and was wondering if you guys have some apps that you would recommend. Either apps with some great practical use or just fun games. Also, i think it would be cool if HTS created their own app. Essentially it would make the forums, the HTS radio, articles, and general website update information easily accessible.

Is your iPhone Jailbroken?

I'm always downloading new apps and games and it really depends what you are into. There's the mainstream games like Angry Birds, Cut the Rope, Infinity Blade and Tiny wings, I can point you towards some genre specific ones if you like.

Some of my recent favorite games are;

Dungeon Raid
Amazing Breaker
Peggle
Elder Sign: Omens
Draw Something
Epic Astro Story
Star Dunk Gold
Jetpack Joyride
Beat Sneak Bandit
HookShot Escape

As for Apps here are a few I've got;