Wifi Hacking UK

What's the best way to setup a home network? Why should I care about BGP?

Wifi Hacking UK

Post by Anti-Gov on Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:15 pm
([msg=64731]see Wifi Hacking UK[/msg])

Hi,
i found this download on the pirate bay and was wondering how to use it edited out
my wifi adapter is atheros Ar5b125
people pay taxes to remain free men, but doesn’t that make us slaves, having to pay for our freedom

Anti-Gov
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Wifi Hacking UK

Post by limdis on Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:29 pm
([msg=64732]see Re: Wifi Hacking UK[/msg])

You've got yourself a set of tools for some wireless cracking. They will work but I don't suggest learning this way. Plus if you are going to get tools its best to get them from the source, and not a third party. You'll get yourself rooted if you aren't careful. Wireless cracking isn't a push button and go type of deal. It can be fairly complex. You need to be familiar with each separate program and function. For example, aircrack-ng

My suggestion is starting off with backtrack, because it comes preloaded with all and more than you will most likely ever really need and there is tons of support and tuts floating around. Go here.
Lot of people here, including myself, are pretty proficient on this subject and can guide if you need any help and actually want to learn something. Just know that we aren't going to spoon feed. We don't like script kiddies ;)

Also don't go screaming you are after your neighbor's network. Get yourself banned for voicing intent to do something illegal.
"The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear..."
"Drink all the booze, hack all the things."
limdis

Post by centip3de on Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:06 pm
([msg=64733]see Re: Wifi Hacking UK[/msg])

limdis wrote:You've got yourself a set of tools for some wireless cracking. They will work but I don't suggest learning this way. Plus if you are going to get tools its best to get them from the source, and not a third party. You'll get yourself rooted if you aren't careful. Wireless cracking isn't a push button and go type of deal. It can be fairly complex. You need to be familiar with each separate program and function. For example, aircrack-ng

My suggestion is starting off with backtrack, because it comes preloaded with all and more than you will most likely ever really need and there is tons of support and tuts floating around. Go here.
Lot of people here, including myself, are pretty proficient on this subject and can guide if you need any help and actually want to learn something. Just know that we aren't going to spoon feed. We don't like script kiddies ;)

Also don't go screaming you are after your neighbor's network. Get yourself banned for voicing intent to do something illegal.

^ This. But also, it says it comes with instructions...
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning. -Rick Cook
centip3de

Post by Anti-Gov on Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:08 pm
([msg=64734]see Re: Wifi Hacking UK[/msg])

thanks man
but with backtrack do i need a certain wireless adapter i read some were that you do
my one on my laptop is atheros ar5b125 do you no if i can use this with backtrack

-- Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:09 pm --

yes the instructions were terriable loads of errors
people pay taxes to remain free men, but doesn’t that make us slaves, having to pay for our freedom

Anti-Gov
New User
New User

Post by centip3de on Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:36 pm
([msg=64735]see Re: Wifi Hacking UK[/msg])

Anti-Gov wrote:thanks man
but with backtrack do i need a certain wireless adapter i read some were that you do
my one on my laptop is atheros ar5b125 do you no if i can use this with backtrack

-- Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:09 pm --

yes the instructions were terriable loads of errors

Not off the top of my head. But Google does...
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning. -Rick Cook
centip3de

Post by Anti-Gov on Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:44 pm
([msg=64736]see Re: Wifi Hacking UK[/msg])

thanks man
you's have helped alot

Anti-Gov
New User
New User

Post by limdis on Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:53 pm
([msg=64739]see Re: Wifi Hacking UK[/msg])

There isn't really a solid compiled list of compatible wireless cards, especially since the new release a couple days ago. The best bet is to it get up and running and run a test. Keeping that in mind, a lot of users like to run backtrack through vmware. That's fine for everything else but doing so you lose your wireless capabilities for on board cards. I boot bt5 through a flash drive. Check the site under the How To tab for instructions on how to make that happen.

After you have it going first thing to check is to see if your card is detected. I'll show you what it looks like for my laptop.

Code: Select all
root@root:~# airmon-ng

Interface    Chipset             Driver
wlan0        Intel 4965AGN,      iwlagn - [phy0]

If it's blank then no.

You can also run this check for injection capabilities. But make sure you're in monitor mode first.

Code: Select all
root@root:~# aireplay-ng --test -a (bssid) mon0
limdis

Post by Anti-Gov on Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:44 am
([msg=64753]see Re: Wifi Hacking UK[/msg])

nothing came up for airmon-ng
so were should i go from here?

Anti-Gov
New User
New User

Post by limdis on Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:32 pm
([msg=64765]see Re: Wifi Hacking UK[/msg])

How are you running it? Did you get the right architecture?
limdis

Post by Anti-Gov on Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:48 pm
([msg=64767]see Re: Wifi Hacking UK[/msg])

i ran it in vm
and did as u said and no wireless cards came up..

Anti-Gov
New User
New User

Next

Return to Networking