Internet Radio

EDGE or EVDO? GSM or CDMA? Discuss phone networks and standards here.

Internet Radio

Post by goluhaque on Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:39 pm
([msg=64630]see Internet Radio[/msg])

I need to understand how to setup an Internet Radio. I understand the fact that music playing at 128 kBps and a 256kBps of source bandwidth equates to 2 listeners, and I DO NOT want to use any software. Will probably get a server to host it. Main thing being, I want to do everything by myself. No software. HELP? (via links etc.)

How does HTS Radio work?

Is it even possible without using software?
(23:45:03) hauk: I guess you are over the best part of your life when 4-year-olds say "Are you an evil man?"
(23:46:19) hauk: and "Ima punch you in the pecker"
goluhaque
Poster
Poster

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Internet Radio

Post by 3asyMac on Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:35 pm
([msg=75330]see Re: Internet Radio[/msg])

Well, software is needed unless you do it mechanically but even then something needs to be able to stream your station over the net. You can create your own software or there is one free program that I know of that does it. The Virtual DJ Home edition has a free trial version that allows you to stream music over the net and make playlists and such. Even has some mixing tools if you want to use them. Good Luck
3asyMac
New User
New User

Re: Internet Radio

Post by -Ninjex- on Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:21 am
([msg=75350]see Re: Internet Radio[/msg])

3asyMac wrote:Well, software is needed unless you do it mechanically but even then something needs to be able to stream your station over the net. You can create your own software or there is one free program that I know of that does it. The Virtual DJ Home edition has a free trial version that allows you to stream music over the net and make playlists and such. Even has some mixing tools if you want to use them. Good Luck

This post is over a year old, no need to answer the OP's question now. I am sure he either figured it out, or doesn't care.

IBTL;
If you're not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you're determined to learn, no one can stop you.⠠⠵
The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.
I can explain it for you, but I can't understand it for you.
-Ninjex-
Addict
Addict

Return to Telecommunications