Xbox Live Via Ethernet Cable

What's the best way to setup a home network? Why should I care about BGP?

Xbox Live Via Ethernet Cable

Post by cyber-maniac on Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:39 am
([msg=64605]see Xbox Live Via Ethernet Cable[/msg])

I used to be able to connect to xbox live by using an ethernet cable to my computer and using Internet Connection Sharing, but ever since their damn update i cant seem do this anymore. I've tried assigning the Xbox 360 a manual IP, an automatic IP, Disabling my firewalls and bridging the connection with my wireless one aswell as reseting the network settings. All have been unsuccessful. im using a windows Vista 32-bit. Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Edit: I've used google and everyone (that i have seen) just repeat what i've already done.
cyber-maniac
Poster
Poster

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Xbox Live Via Ethernet Cable

Post by centip3de on Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:28 pm
([msg=64612]see Re: Xbox Live Via Ethernet Cable[/msg])

cyber-maniac wrote:I used to be able to connect to xbox live by using an ethernet cable to my computer and using Internet Connection Sharing, but ever since their damn update i cant seem do this anymore. I've tried assigning the Xbox 360 a manual IP, an automatic IP, Disabling my firewalls and bridging the connection with my wireless one aswell as reseting the network settings. All have been unsuccessful. im using a windows Vista 32-bit. Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Edit: I've used google and everyone (that i have seen) just repeat what i've already done.

Why not connect it directly to your router?
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning. -Rick Cook
centip3de

Post by LoGiCaL__ on Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:28 pm
([msg=64614]see Re: Xbox Live Via Ethernet Cable[/msg])

Can you ping the xbox ip address from your pc?
LoGiCaL__
Addict
Addict

Post by cyber-maniac on Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:02 pm
([msg=64616]see Re: Xbox Live Via Ethernet Cable[/msg])

To answer your questions, I cant connect directly to the router as it's in a different room. And no the pinging failed.

However, after a little bit of tinkering i figured it out. The hotspot shield helper driver was causing issues, all i had to do was disable it...what a waste of a day! :roll:

Anyway thanks guys.
cyber-maniac
Poster
Poster

Post by centip3de on Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:02 pm
([msg=64617]see Re: Xbox Live Via Ethernet Cable[/msg])

cyber-maniac wrote:To answer your questions, I cant connect directly to the router as it's in a different room. And no the pinging failed.

However, after a little bit of tinkering i figured it out. The hotspot shield helper driver was causing issues, all i had to do was disable it...what a waste of a day! :roll:

Anyway thanks guys.

Sure thing. That's why we're here, to not help, but get credit for helping!
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning. -Rick Cook
centip3de

Post by edone automaton on Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:57 am
([msg=64624]see Re: Xbox Live Via Ethernet Cable[/msg])

Can you still use xbox live without paying by connecting via your pc or is that fixed by now?
A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer.
-Bruce Lee
edone automaton
Poster
Poster

Post by cyber-maniac on Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:40 pm
([msg=64634]see Re: Xbox Live Via Ethernet Cable[/msg])

centip3de wrote:Sure thing. That's why we're here, to not help, but get credit for helping!

Well its the thought that counts 8-)

edone automaton wrote:Can you still use xbox live without paying by connecting via your pc or is that fixed by now?

Xbox Live Silver has always been free, and as for gold you have to pay, i dont think gold's ever been free...unless you got a trial version. Your method of connection doesnt affect that.
cyber-maniac
Poster
Poster

Return to Networking