Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.

Your friend is being cheated out of hundreds of dollars. Help him make things even again!

Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.

Post by conscience on Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:22 pm
([msg=64359]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

HTML is not executed, but parsed. PHP spits back HTML to the browser (usually).
It looks like you don't know differences between HTML and PHP (to be more precise, server side scripts).
You need to change what is passed to the server. Whether you do it by storing [something] on disk or using JavaScript is up to you.
If you still don't get it, make a deep study on HTTP.
Let him who has understanding recount the number of the beast, for it is a human number: His number is 0x029A.
conscience
Poster
Poster

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by strongard on Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:55 am
([msg=64379]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

if I do not know the difference between php and html I would better go to suicide

HTML is a language used to describe to a browser how to display text and other objects in a browser window. It is not a programming language. HTML works on a client computer (the system on which the page is being viewed).

PHP is a scripting language, and can be used to create web pages written in HTML. PHP runs on the server (the system from which the page comes), and is a full-fledged programming language.

PHP files are just like HTML files, but they can include both HTML and PHP code. The PHP code is parsed (or executed) by the Web server when the page is accessed and the resulting output is written as HTML within the Web page. When a user accesses a PHP page, his Web browser only gets sent the HTML code, since the Web server has processed the PHP code in the background. Most PHP pages are processed so quickly that it does not noticeably slow down the loading of the Web page.

The .php extension is important, since it tells the Web server that the page may include PHP code. Therefore, it must be run through the server's PHP engine before being sent to a client's Web browser. This allows dynamic content to be generated each time the Web page is loaded, based on the variables included in the PHP code. For example, PHP pages may load objects such as the current date and time, data from form fields submitted by a user, or information from a database. Still, once the page reaches the user's Web browser, everything is formatted as HTML.

and if you do not believe check this

http://www.codeawebsite.com/differences ... l-php.html

and between parsed is a tecnical term to denote the word executed

but thanks I will try again to solve it
strongard
New User
New User

Post by conscience on Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:10 pm
([msg=64395]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

So... If you really get it, you already know that
  • If you save what your browser got from a PHP script, that'll be HTML and you can use it locally (it doesn't matter if you save it with PHP extension - renaming helps)
  • Data from HTML forms are posted to a server side script that processes them
  • Although you don't have insight to the actual processing script, it may have some flaws whic you are able to exploit
  • If you present data that the processing script is not prepared to handle, it will behave in an unexpected way

Do you need anything else? No, I see you get it. Send some data that pushes the score of the band to the top.

And please don't read (especially don't popularize) such web pages. Read www.php.net instead if you're out for this.
Let him who has understanding recount the number of the beast, for it is a human number: His number is 0x029A.
conscience
Poster
Poster

Post by strongard on Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:42 pm
([msg=64396]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

hello and thank you again for your reply

now , your message is totally obvious , I agree totally with what you say
but there is something i want you please to show me and this is the hint I want from you to solve this challenge

you said something totally logic " Data from HTML forms are posted to a server side script that processes them"

and especially these two words "are posted" they are posted through what or how?? the answer is through the url , it is the url
that makes the browser connect with the server as the browser follows the path to find the server

http(protocol):domain name:path:filename if I am wrong correct me please

when I save the file with html extension in notepad and execute it with firefox the new webpage of ancle arnold shows BUT WHEN I VOTE for the favour of inferno and i press vote button
IT SAYS Firefox can't find the file at /C:/Documents and Settings/Administrator/Desktop/v.php?PHPSESSID=abcaeadfc31a5c43b2534bf995c0553f&id=3&vote=5

my absolute path is totally wrong , and I want you to help me to find how to find the right path , by a hintof course

FOR YOUR INFORMATION I RED THE FORUM AND I FOUND A HINT FOR AN OTHER MODERATOR BUT IT DOES NOT HELP ME FIGURE THE RIGHT PATH AND THE LINK I FOUND IN THE FORUM ABOUT BEGINNER TUTORIAL ABOUT HOW AN URL AND A PATH IS MADE DID NOT HELP
PLEASE I NEED TO LEARN ABOUT TO CORRECT this
Firefox can't find the file at /C:/Documents and Settings/Administrator/Desktop/v.php?PHPSESSID=abcaeadfc31a5c43b2534bf995c0553f&id=3&vote=5

thanks
strongard
New User
New User

Post by conscience on Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:23 pm
([msg=64426]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

First, the HTTP protocol is responsible for transmitting data between web pages (servers/scripts) and the client. Usually either the GET or POST method is used. GET passes each parameter through the URL, while POST passes parameters through the body of the request. Then, the server/script processes the data it got. Now, to the actual thing that you need:
HTML forms are for the purpose of collecting data and passing them to the server side.
The action property defines which URL* will the parameters be passed to. Look up absolute vs. relative URLs.

Code: Select all
POST ./posting.php?mode=reply&f=50&sid=4505e7ccb401a72924c6a16c47c4906c&t=12 HTTP/1.1
Host: www.hackthissite.org
Content-length: ...

addbbcode0=%20B%20addbbcode2=%20i%20addbbcode4=%20u%20addbbcode6=Quote&addbbcode8=Code&addbbcode10=List%3D&addlitsitem=...

The method property defines which HTTP method is used (GET/POST/etc).

Several other properties are possible. Find them out.

If you still don't get it, look up <form> and HTTP and everything will be clear.

[EDIT]
If, after all, this is too much for ya, try making yourself familiar with PHP (install an Apache or an IIS with PHP. You can check pages you make by http://localhost/yourpage.php), especially $_GET['someshit'] and $_POST['someothershit']. Once you understand these, the chall will be a piece of cake.
[/EDIT]
conscience
Poster
Poster

Post by strongard on Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:44 pm
([msg=64429]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

1)you did not help me finding the answer to my problem namely .."my absolute path is totally wrong , and I want you to help me to find how to find the right path

instead all you did is defining some technical terms like (http , get , post)

anywhere I found the answer to my problem by myself

ok , and now there is another problem that appears and here is how

after reading the forum again I saw that some administrators said that we need to put the source code in notepad , make some changement in it , then save it with .html , then you are done and Monica too said this in the forum

but when I followed this I find all wrong , of course it was only a hint what monica and other adminstrators said but I tried this hint and here is how

I changed the form action to

<form action="http://www.hackthissite.org/missions/realistic/1/v.php"

and like that I was able to connect to the server

I changed the average rate of the inferno 30.3141751857359

but when I save the page then execute the .html file there is a changement in the average number

BUT WHEN I TRY TO VOTE TO 5 FOR INFERNO AND I PRESS VOTE THE PAGE LOAD AND I RETURN TO THE SAME PAGE OF THE CHALLENGE THAT IS http://www.hackthissite.org/missions/re ... /index.php

so I tried to change the form action to

http://www.hackthissite.org/missions/re ... php/d.html" (where d.html is the file html i saved)
then to

http://www.hackthissite.org/missions/re ... html/v.php

http://www.hackthissite.org/missions/realistic/1/d.html"

but always I am in the page of the challenge

so i am stuck to what is the way to correct url

I need a hint about that

and please correct me and show me my error

CONSCIENCE you said this :"If, after all, this is too much for ya, try making yourself familiar with PHP (install an Apache or an IIS with PHP. You can check pages you make by http://localhost/yourpage.php), especially $_GET['someshit'] and $_POST['someothershit']. Once you understand these, the chall will be a piece of cake"

try to understand me please I DO NOT NEED SOMEONE TO SEND ME READ INFORMATION IN LINKS
I NEED SOMEONE TO DIRECT ME TO THE METHODOLOGY OF HOW TO SOLVE A CHALLENGE AND ESPECIALLY CORRECT MY ERRORS

the relation between the teacher and the disciple should be based on the correction of errors
I allude to jean jacque rousseau:"croyez moi mon ami meme l'error a son merite"
and especially the training of disciple should be compatible with his spiritual power
"donnez le pain au plus forts et le lait au plus faible
and then ,
“It is far better to be silent than merely to increase the quantity of bad books”
i no need links or information i need a hint to solve the challenge
about as i said when i vote in the page of my html file it loads but gives only to the page of the challenge
help
strongard
New User
New User

Post by conscience on Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:08 am
([msg=64452]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

Don't vote 5. How much do you think will a 5 help? This is the best advice I can give w/o giving the solution away.

And stop this:

try to understand me please I DO NOT NEED SOMEONE TO SEND ME READ INFORMATION IN LINKS
I NEED SOMEONE TO DIRECT ME TO THE METHODOLOGY OF HOW TO SOLVE A CHALLENGE AND ESPECIALLY CORRECT MY ERRORS

This actually means you are not willing to read stuff when you are actually pointed to them by others in order to help you solving the missions, but you want to be spoon-fed with the solution step-by-step. This and,in conjunction, constantly flaming those trying to help you will do no good for ya but earn you an IOTY on HTS.

The 'methodology' here is to understand how the data from HTML forms are passed to the PHP script and how it then processes them. This is why I pointed you to the above.

PS.: You need not to save the page on your desktop if you can edit it by other means (hint: JS Injection, Chrome, Firebug, IE Inspector, etc). You just need a way to edit it to send a vote that will bring the band to the top.
conscience
Poster
Poster

Post by strongard on Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:54 pm
([msg=64458]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

finally I solve it with a lot of suffer and thank you very much "CONSCIENCE" and sorry I do not mean to be rude , excuse my impoliteness , I will try to open my eyes more and follow the advice of the administrators like you and others and if I have doubt I will put a question and try and try to the end

for those who are still stuck
a very helpful hint :"FIREBUG"
strongard
New User
New User

Post by conscience on Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:36 pm
([msg=64461]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

Well, I'm glad you finally solved it. I have to mention that I'm not an admin or a staff member by any means, but a frequent user who chosen to be a professional programmer for passion. My first, and simplest advice on the remaining missions is that whenever you see how something functions, don't forget to ask yourself why. And be prepared to spend even several days of figuring out some stuff. This is normal
conscience
Poster
Poster

Post by chirag111222 on Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:59 pm
([msg=65465]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

All ur suggestionz and solution are awesome buH wanna knw da best answer
so best answer may be selected
and i m new here !!!!
hii :D
chirag111222
New User
New User

PreviousNext

Return to (Real 1) Uncle Arnold's Local Band Review