Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.

A little girl made a website to post poetry related to peace and understanding. American fascists have hacked this website replacing it with Hitler-esque propaganda. Can you repair the website?

Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.

Post by shihonoryu on Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:29 am
([msg=64007]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

Hey guys...could i get some help?

the DT isnt working for me..if i could pm somone about it i would highly appreciate it.
shihonoryu
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by limdis on Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:15 am
([msg=64010]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

shihonoryu wrote:Hey guys...could i get some help?<br><br>the DT isnt working for me..if i could pm somone about it i would highly appreciate it.

I can help you out. Tell me exactly what you are trying to do though (in the PM). I don't want to accidentally spoil anything for you.
"The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear..."
"Drink all the booze, hack all the things."
limdis

Post by wolv3rin3 on Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:52 am
([msg=64123]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

Hi there,

Reading this thread, somebody said that when you put the same name of a poem who already exists, it would change...
I did that... For example: submitted a poem called Hacker, submitted a poem called Hacker.txt, submitted a poem called Hacker.php , and when i look the poem called Hacker, it's the same :S

I know what to do: overwrite the index for the old with the submit page... think deeper: i can change the form action for a command to overwrite that file.

I'm lost :(
wolv3rin3
New User
New User

Post by conscience on Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:13 pm
([msg=64127]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

wolv3rin3 wrote:Hi there,

Reading this thread, somebody said that when you put the same name of a poem who already exists, it would change...
I did that... For example: submitted a poem called Hacker, submitted a poem called Hacker.txt, submitted a poem called Hacker.php , and when i look the poem called Hacker, it's the same :S

I know what to do: overwrite the index for the old with the submit page... think deeper: i can change the form action for a command to overwrite that file.

I'm lost :(

Again: You don't have to (and should not) alter the action property of the form.
Let him who has understanding recount the number of the beast, for it is a human number: His number is 0x029A.
conscience
Poster
Poster

Post by wolv3rin3 on Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:37 pm
([msg=64130]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

Ok, but if i shouldn't configure the form action of the submit site, the submit site should overwrite the poems when i put the same name like Hacker, Hacker.txt, Hacker.php (also The Idiot, The Idiot.txt, The Idiot.txt)
Or am i wrong?

EDIT: I can solved this, but i'm still thinking about how can i overwrite the poems who already exist in the site
wolv3rin3
New User
New User

Post by conscience on Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:18 pm
([msg=64151]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

wolv3rin3 wrote:Ok, but if i shouldn't configure the form action of the submit site, the submit site should overwrite the poems when i put the same name like Hacker, Hacker.txt, Hacker.php (also The Idiot, The Idiot.txt, The Idiot.txt)
Or am i wrong?

EDIT: I can solved this, but i'm still thinking about how can i overwrite the poems who already exist in the site

If I get it right, you're absolutely next to the sculpture of solution ;)
Let him who has understanding recount the number of the beast, for it is a human number: His number is 0x029A.
conscience
Poster
Poster

Post by alejoSama on Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:57 pm
([msg=64368]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

Can someone explain to me or rather pm to me how exactly the solution works?
I hava solved it from the hints found in the thread but i don't understand why it works
alejoSama
New User
New User

Post by cyberdrain on Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:08 am
([msg=64381]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

alejoSama wrote:Can someone explain to me or rather pm to me how exactly the solution works?
I hava solved it from the hints found in the thread but i don't understand why it works

First of all, that's the wrong thing to do. You should think yourself, then learn about basic concepts and then try again. Reading and using hints should only be a last resort. On your question, that's also related to the above, you should know what the script does normally, then what you should do to get it to do what you want to do. If you still can't figure it out, you may PM me with the information you have and your question about it.
Free your mind / Think clearly
cyberdrain
Addict
Addict

Post by strongard on Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:16 pm
([msg=64397]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

ok I red the forum and I sum up all the forum of poetry peace to 2 principle ideas

1)use directory traversal
2)put the original script of the old place somewhere

for the first idea

directory traversal made nothing special , except that it shows me a white webpage in which there is a box and add poetry
then I copied the script of the peace poetry page (the original page) and put it in the box and press add and it made nothing

i red all links and hints in the forum but nothing help

i need help please
help me
and thanks
strongard
New User
New User

Post by hellow533 on Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:51 am
([msg=64401]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

strongard wrote:ok I red the forum and I sum up all the forum of poetry peace to 2 principle ideas

1)use directory traversal
2)put the original script of the old place somewhere

for the first idea

directory traversal made nothing special , except that it shows me a white webpage in which there is a box and add poetry
then I copied the script of the peace poetry page (the original page) and put it in the box and press add and it made nothing

i red all links and hints in the forum but nothing help

i need help please
help me
and thanks

Use some 1337 Google skills and look it up.
“Teach me how to hack!”
"What, like, with an axe?"
hellow533
Contributor
Contributor

PreviousNext

Return to (Real 3) Peace Poetry: HACKED