micro sd card secretly sending imsi number

EDGE or EVDO? GSM or CDMA? Discuss phone networks and standards here.

micro sd card secretly sending imsi number

Post by galgil on Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:43 am
([msg=64234]see micro sd card secretly sending imsi number[/msg])

Hi all, yes i am a noob and just starting to program and learn about technology issues. I would like the opinion from someone that maybe can help me. My sister's boyfriend is a hacker, he gave her someday a microsd memory card for her mobile( his named appears on the mobile as the name of the card). After some time my sister had to change her mobile number and device, (twice) and every time he got the number and was calling her with spoofed caller id. i think that he put some software in the card that sends the information to him, but i cant seem to find something with regular searches. Do y know a way to discover the software? He seems to be not well with his mind... Also imsi - catcher i think is little over the edge to manufacture, so i think he does it with the sd card. Any help or information would be welcome.

p.s Our computers are clean, the number is not given to anyone or writen in the internet and there is no chance that he gets the number from another person.
galgil
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: micro sd card secretly sending imsi number

Post by limdis on Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:12 am
([msg=64235]see Re: micro sd card secretly sending imsi number[/msg])

Sounds like he rooted it.
Defience, mShred, or conscience should be able to tell you how to fix this properly. I just recently started looking into messing with phones. I'll do some reading though and if I find anything useful before they get a chance to respond I'll try and help you out.
"The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear..."
"Drink all the booze, hack all the things."
limdis

Post by ghost107 on Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:48 am
([msg=64236]see Re: micro sd card secretly sending imsi number[/msg])

The simple method is to format the SD card, and format the phone with the SD card and/or SIM out of it(The formating method is different depending what phone your using).

And its better to install an anti virus to your phone(basic protection is good).
ghost107
Poster
Poster

Post by galgil on Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:16 pm
([msg=64242]see Re: micro sd card secretly sending imsi number[/msg])

thank you very much. I must tell you that i dont want to erase the card , i need the evidence if found, in order to get the future restraining order..
Also, it doesnt matter the device, she changed two devices (not smartphones), she was just putting the microsd memory card.
galgil
New User
New User

Post by centip3de on Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:29 pm
([msg=64246]see Re: micro sd card secretly sending imsi number[/msg])

limdis wrote:Sounds like he rooted it.

Not necessarily... The guy is worried about the Micro SD card containing a program that sends the information to somewhere else.

Solving the problem could just be as easy as using some forensic tools to find the files, or just DBAN-ing the fuck out of the SD card. That's what I would suggest if you're worried about that. But, I would also suggest you find a very, very, very, noob friendly tutorial on Google if you're going to go that route.
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning. -Rick Cook
centip3de

Post by LoGiCaL__ on Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:26 pm
([msg=64259]see Re: micro sd card secretly sending imsi number[/msg])

Put the card in a different phone and see if it is contacted like the one in question is. If it is, leave it and let the person think it was just another changed phone. That would be all the proof you need and you wouldn't have to format the SD card.
LoGiCaL__
Addict
Addict

Post by limdis on Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:36 pm
([msg=64260]see Re: micro sd card secretly sending imsi number[/msg])

LoGiCaL__ wrote:Put the card in a different phone and see if it is contacted like the one in question is. If it is, leave it and let the person think it was just another changed phone. That would be all the proof you need and you wouldn't have to format the SD card.

+1 do this
"The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear..."
"Drink all the booze, hack all the things."
limdis

Post by galgil on Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:51 am
([msg=64261]see Re: micro sd card secretly sending imsi number[/msg])

yes i think its a good trap.. ill make my sister buy another device and new number and ill put the sd card into another mobile number and just wait.. but if that doesnt work it means he uses another more serious method like imsi -catcher device.
now, just for the info, do y know any tools for sd forensics? i am a ubuntu user and can find my way around backtrack e.t.c

-- Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:25 am --

is it possible to sniff mobile traffic and numbers with your own cell phone? lets say with an iphone. Since these phones are computers, do you know if its possible? it is related with this subject
galgil
New User
New User

Return to Telecommunications