IRC issues.......

For IRC Issues

IRC issues.......

Post by Terragyn on Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:36 pm
([msg=64089]see IRC issues.......[/msg])

Hello, could anyone help me understand my problem. I have updated my java runtime just to be sure, but it will not load the chat at all... Any explanations and/or suggestions wiould be helpful. Also very new to this have a small bit of exp in this field so would like to get to know people as well. Thank you for your time and consideration.
Terragyn
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: IRC issues.......

Post by LoGiCaL__ on Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:38 pm
([msg=64094]see Re: IRC issues.......[/msg])

Terragyn wrote:Hello, could anyone help me understand my problem. I have updated my java runtime just to be sure, but it will not load the chat at all... Any explanations and/or suggestions wiould be helpful. Also very new to this have a small bit of exp in this field so would like to get to know people as well. Thank you for your time and consideration.

If you're still experiencing problems while trying to join through the site even after downloading the java update, you can try xchat: http://xchat.org/
Here is the info you will need:

irc.hackthissite.org
port 7000
LoGiCaL__
Addict
Addict

Post by mShred on Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:39 pm
([msg=64096]see Re: IRC issues.......[/msg])

That made little sense.. Try giving us more information about what it is exactly that you're having problems with. Don't forget to actually join a channel.

For those about to rock.
mShred
Administrator
Administrator

Blog: View Blog (2)

Post by Terragyn on Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:44 am
([msg=64097]see Re: IRC issues.......[/msg])

To be more specific; I downloaded java runtime and now there's just a blank grey wall where the chat screen should be that is all the information i have sorry. Cannot join a channel as there is nothing for me to join, downloaded xchat and works fine don't know if it's better but I'll give it a try thanks.

browser: Firefox
Terragyn
New User
New User

Post by LoGiCaL__ on Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:11 am
([msg=64098]see Re: IRC issues.......[/msg])

Terragyn wrote:Cannot join a channel as there is nothing for me to join, downloaded xchat and works fine don't know if it's better but I'll give it a try thanks.

browser: Firefox

It may be a setting in your browser. If you haven't already I'd give that a quick overview and see if you can't find anything. Also there are several other irc clients, you can see by doing a google search. Mozilla has a add-on chatzilla that is irc. Try a few out.
LoGiCaL__
Addict
Addict

Return to IRC