Win Rar Password Hacking

The fear of every surveillance society: citizens protecting their own privacy with strong cryptography

Win Rar Password Hacking

Post by thejamiecrystal on Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:20 am
([msg=63424]see Win Rar Password Hacking[/msg])

Hi guys let me start of by saying im a newbie to this site but am sure to be a local , i am not completely senceless i understand basic html foundation and some advances sectors of html , this is basictally my understandment of everything my self i eather know alot about a certain subject or i know the advanced parts of it or the common tips an tricks ,, im not a nob head but a quicl learner and thing very logically ((( so please if i sound stupid shut me up and kick me into my place :) )))

So any way my topic here is rar password cracking , this hit me one day when i was trying to find the latest jailbreak for y friends ps3 4.0 ( i figured since he had 4.0 firmware the new 4.0 jb hasnt even being created , please mark me rong ) but and way i found a rar file which consisted of the .pup firmware file instde , i was asked to complete a servey but i bypassed that and downloaded the file externally and by finding the password for the completed serey im sure you guys are fimular with them their so annoying ! so lets say i have the rar file on my desktop i open it and see the file i would like and when i go to extract it it askes for a password ( so thats where i was stuck ! ) ...

I understand from my experience their is three types of cracking ,, ranbow tables , dictionary and brute force ... i downloades a few crappy software packages to crack this file but no luck

my main question here is how would ay one go about cracking a hard rar password protected file ? like the propper way without arsing around and waisting time ?

i have a good bit of experience of cracking fies so no need to be lng answerd :)

And way guys please reply it is a honor to be here ad i thank you all for putting up with me :)
thanks again
thejamiecrystal
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Win Rar Password Hacking

Post by centip3de on Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:19 pm
([msg=63569]see Re: Win Rar Password Hacking[/msg])

thejamiecrystal wrote:Hi guys let me start of by saying im a newbie to this site but am sure to be a local , i am not completely senceless i understand basic html foundation and some advances sectors of html , this is basictally my understandment of everything my self i eather know alot about a certain subject or i know the advanced parts of it or the common tips an tricks ,, im not a nob head but a quicl learner and thing very logically ((( so please if i sound stupid shut me up and kick me into my place :) )))

So any way my topic here is rar password cracking , this hit me one day when i was trying to find the latest jailbreak for y friends ps3 4.0 ( i figured since he had 4.0 firmware the new 4.0 jb hasnt even being created , please mark me rong ) but and way i found a rar file which consisted of the .pup firmware file instde , i was asked to complete a servey but i bypassed that and downloaded the file externally and by finding the password for the completed serey im sure you guys are fimular with them their so annoying ! so lets say i have the rar file on my desktop i open it and see the file i would like and when i go to extract it it askes for a password ( so thats where i was stuck ! ) ...

I understand from my experience their is three types of cracking ,, ranbow tables , dictionary and brute force ... i downloades a few crappy software packages to crack this file but no luck

my main question here is how would ay one go about cracking a hard rar password protected file ? like the propper way without arsing around and waisting time ?

i have a good bit of experience of cracking fies so no need to be lng answerd :)

And way guys please reply it is a honor to be here ad i thank you all for putting up with me :)
thanks again

What you're asking for, while extremely poorly written, is illegal. And here at HTS we do not support nor condone illegal activities.
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning. -Rick Cook
centip3de

Post by limdis on Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:42 pm
([msg=63570]see Re: Win Rar Password Hacking[/msg])

Sigh, alright next time don't mention where the file came from. We can discuss cracking rar passwords, just not when you openly admit you are doing something you shouldn't be.
"The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear..."
"Drink all the booze, hack all the things."
limdis

Post by centip3de on Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:22 pm
([msg=63574]see Re: Win Rar Password Hacking[/msg])

limdis wrote:Sigh, alright next time don't mention where the file came from. We can discuss cracking rar passwords, just not when you openly admit you are doing something you shouldn't be.

Exactly.

Or at least say that you made your own password with WinRAR and are trying to crack it for learning purposes.
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning. -Rick Cook
centip3de

Post by Dahaar on Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:46 pm
([msg=64041]see Re: Win Rar Password Hacking[/msg])

Well, no matter how you put it, illegally or not, I can tell you from my experience (just from training of course ;) ), that RAR cracking is a very serious matter.
Like you already said, there are BruteForce and Dictionary attacks, which are the most popular but also most time-consuming ones. But you don't really have another choice, since the encryption is very good (mostly).
I tried some programms myself, but without much results. There are some passwordlists for the dictionary attack on the web and it might be good looking around for them, but that is JUST AN ATTEMPT and mostly unsuccesfull.
But thats the best that I got^^
Dahaar
New User
New User

Post by mShred on Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:26 am
([msg=64076]see Re: Win Rar Password Hacking[/msg])

Simply said, try a dictionary attack. Other than that, brute forcing it will take forever. You can always try of course, but the turnout probably doesn't have a high success rate. Also, no illegal activities here on ma site nao.

For those about to rock.
mShred
Administrator
Administrator

Blog: View Blog (2)

Return to Crypto