Email trouble

Social engineering is the art of manipulating people into performing actions or divulging confidential information. While similar to a confidence trick or simple fraud, the term typically applies to trickery for information gathering or computer system access and in most cases the attacker never comes face-to-face with the victim.

Email trouble

Post by bloodred341 on Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:41 pm
([msg=63949]see Email trouble[/msg])

I am trying the SET toolkit and I have been playing around with the Payload and Listener and all I want to do it send it to my other computer that I use for testing stuff but I get yelled at by Yahoo and Gmail because its a "Virus" does anyone know how to send it Via email?

Thank you
bloodred341
New User
New User
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Feb 14, 2010 4:58 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: Email trouble

Post by LoGiCaL__ on Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:30 am
([msg=63959]see Re: Email trouble[/msg])

What made you post this in "Social Engineering"?
User avatar
LoGiCaL__
Addict
Addict
 
Posts: 1060
Joined: Sun May 30, 2010 12:33 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: Email trouble

Post by limdis on Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:10 am
([msg=63973]see Re: Email trouble[/msg])

LoGiCaL__ wrote:What made you post this in "Social Engineering"?


I didn't know what it was until just a min ago. Turns out this is the perfect place for it.
SET stands for Social Engineer Toolkit and is specifically designed to undo the human element. Looks pretty cool, I'll check it out.

http://www.social-engineer.org/framewor ... _%28SET%29
"The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear..."
"Drink all the booze, hack all the things."
User avatar
limdis
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 1167
Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:45 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: Email trouble

Post by LoGiCaL__ on Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:43 pm
([msg=63974]see Re: Email trouble[/msg])

limdis wrote:
LoGiCaL__ wrote:What made you post this in "Social Engineering"?


I didn't know what it was until just a min ago. Turns out this is the perfect place for it.
SET stands for Social Engineer Toolkit and is specifically designed to undo the human element. Looks pretty cool, I'll check it out.

http://www.social-engineer.org/framewor ... _%28SET%29


Nice ill check it out myself.
User avatar
LoGiCaL__
Addict
Addict
 
Posts: 1060
Joined: Sun May 30, 2010 12:33 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: Email trouble

Post by mShred on Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:25 pm
([msg=63980]see Re: Email trouble[/msg])

bloodred341 wrote:I am trying the SET toolkit and I have been playing around with the Payload and Listener and all I want to do it send it to my other computer that I use for testing stuff but I get yelled at by Yahoo and Gmail because its a "Virus" does anyone know how to send it Via email?

Thank you

A lot of email service providers don't allow people to send files with certain extensions. Normally .exe .bat and whatnot. Try compressing the files first? Maybe that'd help.
Image

For those about to rock.
User avatar
mShred
Administrator
Administrator
 
Posts: 1613
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:22 pm
Blog: View Blog (2)


Re: Email trouble

Post by freeurmind111 on Wed May 30, 2012 4:14 pm
([msg=66695]see Re: Email trouble[/msg])

if yahoo and gmail are virus scanning it... you can simply encrypt it (for example with a tool called openSSL) and decrypt it once you recieve it on the other side...
freeurmind111
New User
New User
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:45 am
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: Email trouble

Post by Monica on Thu May 31, 2012 12:04 am
([msg=66703]see Re: Email trouble[/msg])

Viruses can be used for social engineering to engineer socially.
hi am new so plz dont troll me or i report 2 the HTS mods ty
User avatar
Monica
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 877
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:29 am
Location: In The Shadows
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: Email trouble

Post by LoGiCaL__ on Thu May 31, 2012 1:04 am
([msg=66708]see Re: Email trouble[/msg])

Monica wrote:Viruses can be used for social engineering to engineer socially.


Can you elaborate more on this? I'd be interested to see what you mean by this statement.
User avatar
LoGiCaL__
Addict
Addict
 
Posts: 1060
Joined: Sun May 30, 2010 12:33 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: Email trouble

Post by mShred on Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:52 pm
([msg=66794]see Re: Email trouble[/msg])

LoGiCaL__ wrote:Can you elaborate more on this? I'd be interested to see what you mean by this statement.

She's trolling my man, although it is true. Monica, I hadn't realized you were still considered a forum mod.
Image

For those about to rock.
User avatar
mShred
Administrator
Administrator
 
Posts: 1613
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:22 pm
Blog: View Blog (2)


Re: Email trouble

Post by black-world on Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:14 am
([msg=70952]see Re: Email trouble[/msg])

Social engineering is a powerful technique
/* by:black world */
Email:hack.china@mail.com
#include
void main()
{
int i;
char a[10000];
for (i=0;i<10000000;i++)
{
cout<<" How to crack the girl's heart!! "<<ENDL;
}
/* From china */
User avatar
black-world
New User
New User
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:46 am
Blog: View Blog (0)


Next

Return to Social Engineering

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests