Only Unix for hacker?

There are many different operating systems; which one will you choose?

Re: Only Unix for hacker?

Post by MicahGeek on Tue May 03, 2011 9:38 am
([msg=56923]see Re: Only Unix for hacker?[/msg])

Its really personal preference i use both.
========|=============|==========
====|==|=|,-.==|==|=,--.==_+_=|==|=====
====|==|=|==|=|==|=|==|==|==|==|=====
====`--'==`--'==`--''='==`=====`--' ====
==================================
MicahGeek
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by thetan on Tue May 03, 2011 11:25 pm
([msg=56952]see Re: Only Unix for hacker?[/msg])

i have nothing of importance to say here seeing how i'm just a snobby Mac user and thus my opinion is bias :)

Oh, and did i say FreeBSD (OBSD and Solaris too) is the only OS that belongs serving on the net <3

Because it is :)
"If art interprets our dreams, the computer executes them in the guise of programs!" - SICP

“If at first, the idea is not absurd, then there is no hope for it” - Albert Einstein
thetan
Contributor
Contributor

Post by xKroniK13x on Tue May 03, 2011 11:34 pm
([msg=56953]see Re: Only Unix for hacker?[/msg])

I currently tri-boot
Windows 7 Ultimate
Mac OSX Leopard (iAtkos V7)
openSUSE 11.3

I honestly like them all evenly, each have their benefits. This is the reason I have not uninstalled any of them, aside from then having to repartition. I must admit, I do use Windows the most. This is because all of the program discs I have are for Windows.

The linux is the quickest and seems most reliable.
Next in reliability is Mac
Then finally Windows, the most unreliable of them all.

I am slowly pushing myself away from Windows, but my Adobe Creative Suite is only for Windows so I a stuck with it until my next subscription.
xKroniK13x
New User
New User

Post by conscience on Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:50 pm
([msg=58704]see Re: Only Unix for hacker?[/msg])

tremor77 wrote:Anyone who wants to be a 'hacker' is insta-fail: Refer to yourself as a Technology Security Analyst.

Anyone who wants to be a Technology Security Analyst who limits themselves to OS choice is insta-fail: Learn and be proficient in all of them.

In short, don't be short sighted and not want, but NEED to know how EVERYTHING works... and how it breaks. The more well rounded you are the better off you will be.

Score!

[EDIT]...Main, I love this thread... :mrgreen: [OFF]I've met a good amount of Apple fans (one of them happens to be my neighbor and I use his stuff frequently) and none of them were able to argue rationally[/EDIT][/OFF] (sic!)
Let him who has understanding recount the number of the beast, for it is a human number: His number is 0x029A.
conscience
Poster
Poster

Post by d3volution on Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:57 am
([msg=63617]see Re: Only Unix for hacker?[/msg])

tremor77 wrote:Anyone who wants to be a 'hacker' is insta-fail: Refer to yourself as a Technology Security Analyst.

Anyone who wants to be a Technology Security Analyst who limits themselves to OS choice is insta-fail: Learn and be proficient in all of them.

In short, don't be short sighted and not want, but NEED to know how EVERYTHING works... and how it breaks. The more well rounded you are the better off you will be.

'Technology Security Analyst' with a tricked out matrix signature...subtle.
d3volution
New User
New User

Post by LoGiCaL__ on Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:11 am
([msg=63622]see Re: Only Unix for hacker?[/msg])

d3volution wrote:

'Technology Security Analyst' with a tricked out matrix signature...subtle.

Posting in a thread which has been inactive for almost half a year with nothing constructive to add...subtle.
LoGiCaL__
Addict
Addict

Previous

Return to Operating Systems