Steal My Wi-Fi Will You? [Assistance Please]

Data that travels over the air and how to protect (or decipher) it

Steal My Wi-Fi Will You? [Assistance Please]

Post by Sobia6464 on Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:53 pm
([msg=61642]see Steal My Wi-Fi Will You? [Assistance Please][/msg])

*DISCLAIMER: I WILL NOT ACTUALLY BE DOING ANY OF THIS ON ANYONE OTHER THEN MYSELF, THE STORY JUST SOUNDS NICE*

:roll:

Well recently some jock-body-building-muscle-heads moved in next door. Every mans dream right? Wrong. They seem like the typical cynical jackasses on Jersey Shore, but less tan. Anyway, I found out recently that they have been stealing my wi-fi. Well, two can play at that game. I would be better off if I had physical access to the computer in question, but I do not. I also believe this computer to be a laptop, which is bad news since I can never tell when it's off/on (currently it is off). Well here is what I wish to do:

Create a standard "Shutdown" program with notepad and somehow put it on his desktop (and make it look like Firefox... (If that's what he uses) so that when he tries to open up the internet a message will display in DOS stating something along the lines of "Steal my wi-fi.. blah blah blah... I'll hack the hell out of you.. yadda yadda yadda" I'm not sure, haven't figured it out yet. If he continues, then I plan to make another program in notepad and enable the deletion of all System32 files, which will effectively shut him off my network for good eh? Well sure I could just ban his MAC address in my control panel and maybe enable security on it, but the problem with that is my signal drops significantly whenever I add security to it (Such as WEP) and besides, I shouldn't have to... The admin panel is safe since I did not leave that at the default settings, but still this guy isn't exactly "Mr. Nice Guy" so me and my diabolical brain went to thinking. As for banning his MAC Address... well... where is the fun in that? :mrgreen:

This is my ideal way to go, but I am always open to new ideas, as he is getting on my nerves in more ways then just this. But I figure this is my chance to get him back so shoot some ideas at me :) I like to learn new things, so feel free to throw anything you got at me.

Thank you in advance.
Sobia6464
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Steal My Wi-Fi Will You? [Assistance Please]

Post by Spectre557 on Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:45 am
([msg=61643]see Re: Steal My Wi-Fi Will You? [Assistance Please][/msg])

Trying to put something malicious on the guy's laptop is not a good idea, and you certainly won't get any help with doing that here 'disclaimer' or no.

If you really want to mess with him though (legally), here's something interesting that I saw mentioned on the forums here a while ago... Upside-Down-Ternet
Current obsession: Minecraft
Spectre557
Poster
Poster

Post by MDYarma on Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:17 am
([msg=61644]see Re: Steal My Wi-Fi Will You? [Assistance Please][/msg])

Oh my, that upside-down link u gave is hilarious!! XDDD Added it in my bookmarks, in case someone ever steals my wi-fi.
MDYarma
New User
New User

Post by Sobia6464 on Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:38 am
([msg=61648]see Re: Steal My Wi-Fi Will You? [Assistance Please][/msg])

Spectre557 wrote:Trying to put something malicious on the guy's laptop is not a good idea, and you certainly won't get any help with doing that here 'disclaimer' or no.

If you really want to mess with him though (legally), here's something interesting that I saw mentioned on the forums here a while ago... Upside-Down-Ternet

That sounds lovely and looks hilarious. I think it'll do what I need it to do, thank you. Sorry if I came off the wrong way :lol:
Sobia6464
New User
New User

Post by tremor77 on Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:07 am
([msg=61669]see Re: Steal My Wi-Fi Will You? [Assistance Please][/msg])

You could invest in a better WiFi router with parental controls, something like this http://www.dlink.com/DIR-655 not only will that help with your connection problems because it's a badass router, but you could use some of the various controls to mess with anyone connecting or flat out block them. One thing that would be fun would be to only allow browsing of kid friendly wesbites, or use the time blocking feature, to turn his connection on and off every 2 minutes.

However, what I would do, being a very bad man with bad intent nearly almost always...... would be to setup a packet sniffer, after all it is MY BANDWIDTH that I OWN, and therefor ANYTHING that ANYONE is doing on it, ARE BELONG TO ME! Which means, accounts, usernames, passwords, online billpay...... you see where this is going....
tremor77
Contributor
Contributor

Post by mShred on Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:15 pm
([msg=61719]see Re: Steal My Wi-Fi Will You? [Assistance Please][/msg])

tremor77 wrote:You could invest in a better WiFi router with parental controls, something like this http://www.dlink.com/DIR-655 not only will that help with your connection problems because it's a badass router, but you could use some of the various controls to mess with anyone connecting or flat out block them. One thing that would be fun would be to only allow browsing of kid friendly wesbites, or use the time blocking feature, to turn his connection on and off every 2 minutes.

However, what I would do, being a very bad man with bad intent nearly almost always...... would be to setup a packet sniffer, after all it is MY BANDWIDTH that I OWN, and therefor ANYTHING that ANYONE is doing on it, ARE BELONG TO ME! Which means, accounts, usernames, passwords, online billpay...... you see where this is going....

Don't forget to block all traffic on SSL. Wouldn't want him securely connecting to his precious accounts now would we?

For those about to rock.
mShred
Administrator
Administrator

Blog: View Blog (2)

Return to Networking