python programming

For the discussion of Perl, Python, Ruby, and PHP and other interpreted languages.

python programming

Post by -NoLiMiTs- on Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:18 pm
([msg=61210]see python programming[/msg])

i recently have started this quest on learning how to program. I downloaded the python program and, I am trying to get familiar with it. I have read alot of what HTS forums and what you guys and gals are talking about plus google however i am still at the first blinking dot.I guess what i am trying to say I see how to do it but I dont understand how you get from the blinking dot and <>;; to the finished product.I am going to school for this in the near future and i do not want to be a complete idiot when i get there :lol: I definetly have the determination to do this, because for the last 2 months i have been obsessed on learning all i can about html :roll: My other question is aside from the books that have been posted on this forum is there any web sites that can help me or maybe i should start with somthing else like java first because if 3 of the syntax are pretty close maybe i should start with one of them :mrgreen:
-NoLiMiTs-
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: python programming

Post by Prince Of The Elite on Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:09 am
([msg=61216]see Re: python programming[/msg])

Hmmm... I just want to ask a little question, what are you asking about ?! Honestly I can't understand, you are trying to learn python or you've already done but don't know how to make a complete project ??!
~~ ""Getting information off the internet is like taking a drink from a fire hydrant"" ~~

Prince Of The Elite
New User
New User

Post by -NoLiMiTs- on Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:40 am
([msg=61223]see Re: python programming[/msg])

yes a complete project how do i run a script once it is complete? Sorry if I am hard to follow I was tired
when I typed that :oops: now that i read it again i see the problem :oops:
-NoLiMiTs-
New User
New User

Post by centip3de on Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:46 pm
([msg=61229]see Re: python programming[/msg])

-NoLiMiTs- wrote:yes a complete project how do i run a script once it is complete? Sorry if I am hard to follow I was tired
when I typed that :oops: now that i read it again i see the problem :oops:

You'd double click the script, and it should automatically run, if you have the proper version installed. Or, you could just go to IDLE, and click "Run" >> "Python Shell". Also, you posted in the wrong section. Python isn't a compiled language, it's an interpreted language (I won't go into the differences), but we _do_ have an interpreted languages section, over here.

~Cent
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning. -Rick Cook
centip3de

Post by -NoLiMiTs- on Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:13 pm
([msg=61237]see Re: python programming[/msg])

sorry peeps new to the site :D
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<noob :geek:
-NoLiMiTs-
New User
New User

Post by centip3de on Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:43 pm
([msg=61240]see Re: python programming[/msg])

-NoLiMiTs- wrote:sorry peeps new to the site :D
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<noob :geek:

It's all good, everybody was new at one time.
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning. -Rick Cook
centip3de

Post by Prince Of The Elite on Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:46 pm
([msg=61249]see Re: python programming[/msg])

Three ways the script can be run :
1-run it from IDLE opening it from the menu in IDLE
2-save it as .py and double click. That'll run it in a console
3-save it as .pyw and it will run with the console hidden
4-finaly, search for pyexe and make the script copiled to exe. Very helpfull if you want to run it on a pc without py interpreter

Python is a very good language to start with and easy to learn. You'll like it ;)
~~ ""Getting information off the internet is like taking a drink from a fire hydrant"" ~~

Prince Of The Elite
New User
New User

Post by centip3de on Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:04 pm
([msg=61250]see Re: python programming[/msg])

Prince Of The Elite wrote:Three ways the script can be run :
4-finaly, search for pyexe and make the script copiled to exe. Very helpfull if you want to run it on a pc without py interpreter

Python is a very good language to start with and easy to learn. You'll like it ;)

As you can see from above, this problem was already solved, and had no need for further input.
centip3de

Post by cthulhu666 on Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:11 am
([msg=61538]see Re: python programming[/msg])

centip3de wrote:
Prince Of The Elite wrote:Three ways the script can be run :

As you can see from above, this problem was already solved, and had no need for further input.

Yeah but his answer looks prettier :P
cthulhu666
New User
New User

Return to Interpreted Languages