One of my friends dosn't know thr password to his XBL...

Bad threads go here

One of my friends dosn't know thr password to his XBL...

Post by rhinorulz on Sun Aug 14, 2011 3:30 pm
([msg=60897]see One of my friends dosn't know thr password to his XBL...[/msg])

>>**Message to mods. If this is in the wrongplace, than move it.**<<

I have written permission from my friend to "replace his password" to something that is easy so that he can change his password to something that he can remember.

He dosn't have any credit card information on his account and all user details are fake. The only thing I know is the email address linked to the account, but that email has the same password as the XBL account, so no help.

the Email address is a @hotmail.com account.

>What do?
rhinorulz
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: One of my friends dosn't know thr password to his XBL...

Post by mShred on Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:46 pm
([msg=60900]see Re: One of my friends dosn't know thr password to his XBL...[/msg])

The only thing i can propose is that you contact either xbox or hotmail for his password recovery. Honestly, he shouldn't be using passwords you won't remember, especially for your own email. Contact support. After that, there's nothing you can do.

For those about to rock.
mShred
Administrator
Administrator

Blog: View Blog (2)

Post by Algorithm Crypt on Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:30 pm
([msg=60901]see Re: One of my friends dosn't know thr password to his XBL...[/msg])

So he forgot the password to his hotmail account, I`m assuming you have already tried to do passsword recovery and were asked a security question, have you answered that question? :?:

Try that then repost, please.
Algorithm Crypt
New User
New User

Post by rhinorulz on Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:34 pm
([msg=60903]see Re: One of my friends dosn't know thr password to his XBL...[/msg])

Algorithm Crypt wrote:So he forgot the password to his hotmail account, I`m assuming you have already tried to do passsword recovery and were asked a security question, have you answered that question? :?:

He put a random answer to the security question.
the only way is intrusion. I have wrighten permission from the account holder, so, even if MS tried to sue or sutch, just one snail mail letter, and a few days later and it wouldall be cleared up.
rhinorulz
New User
New User

Post by Phantom Wolf on Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:25 pm
([msg=60905]see Re: One of my friends dosn't know thr password to his XBL...[/msg])

rhinorulz wrote:
Algorithm Crypt wrote:So he forgot the password to his hotmail account, I`m assuming you have already tried to do passsword recovery and were asked a security question, have you answered that question? :?:

the only way is intrusion. I have wrighten permission from the account holder, so, even if MS tried to sue or sutch, just one snail mail letter, and a few days later and it wouldall be cleared up.

It doesn't matter if you have his permission, you need Microsoft's permission. He owns the account, but he does not own the server you want to break into.

Even if it was legal, there's no way to prove he owns the account if his details are fake
"Well it isn't my fault. I shouldn't have been allowed to do something to crash it." "No, you shouldn't have been allowed to buy a computer in the first place"
Phantom Wolf
Poster
Poster

Post by rhinorulz on Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:55 pm
([msg=60906]see Re: One of my friends dosn't know thr password to his XBL...[/msg])

Phantom Wolf wrote:
rhinorulz wrote:

It doesn't matter if you have his permission, you need Microsoft's permission. He owns the account, but he does not own the server you want to break into.

Even if it was legal, there's no way to prove he owns the account if his details are fake

isn't there away I could recover it from the account it's self? isn't it in the profile data somewhere?
rhinorulz
New User
New User

Post by centip3de on Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:18 am
([msg=60908]see Re: One of my friends dosn't know thr password to his XBL...[/msg])

rhinorulz wrote:isn't there away I could recover it from the account it's self? isn't it in the profile data somewhere?

That data is somewhere on the server, but to get into that, you'd have to get into the server.
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning. -Rick Cook
centip3de

Post by mShred on Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:19 am
([msg=60909]see Re: One of my friends dosn't know thr password to his XBL...[/msg])

So uh yeah, this intrusion that you're looking for, we don't do. Well not publicly at least.

For those about to rock.
mShred
Administrator
Administrator

Blog: View Blog (2)

Return to Graveyard