Suicide......your thoughts

What is right? Is there right? Are you right?

Re: Suicide......your thoughts

Post by SpanningTree on Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:32 pm
([msg=59436]see Re: Suicide......your thoughts[/msg])

fishtits wrote:I don't think it being illegal is going to stop anyone from doing it lol. Heres my view on suicide. If your ready to kill yourself you obviously have nothing to lose. Someone with nothing to lose has a huge edge in life. There are so many risky things to do in life that pay out to the extreme when they go right and have serious consequences if they go wrong. If you were planning on dying anyway, how serious are these consequences? I've contemplated what I'll do if I ever just decide I have nothing to live for and nothing to lose or if I get irreversible cancer etc. In the latter case, I'll go on a mad prolonged drug binge with a load of hookers and when I'm starting to get too low on energy to do crazy shit like that heres what I'm gonna do. Rent a motorbike (obviously I wont tell them I only have a couple of weeks to live lol), a bus and a video camera, make some explosives (probably acetone peroxide), rig the motorbike with the explosives, park the bus alongside a cliff and build a large ramp behind the bus. Then I'll get my brothers and friends to come over to the site and get someone to video camera the whole thing. This will be at night time. I'll cover myself in petrol then get a run at the ramp and ramp over the bus then light myself on fire and blow myself up in mid air. It'll be quite the spectacle
That'll be one of the craziest stunts anyone has ever gotten on camera so I'll have left something for my friends and family. Thats how I want my body disposed of too, I don't want my family paying for a funeral, coffin, gravesite and tombstone and all that bullshit, I want by corpse to be blown up and scattered. The only people paying for this funeral will be whoever rents me the motorbike :mrgreen:

This, this is exactly the sort of thing that should be taught in depression clinics. By the time anyone planned all this out, they would probably have realized how enjoyable life can be and would have changed their mind. Unless they were fatally ill of course.
SpanningTree
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by skcuf on Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:21 pm
([msg=60465]see Re: Suicide......your thoughts[/msg])

I think the OP went ahead with his suicide. He hasn't been on since Feb 27, 2010 and his last post in this thread was the 7th.

Either way I could understand the concept of suicide. I'm a depressed person by definition. I'm talking the chemical imbalance not the pansy ass, "nothing goes my way I want to die," way. I rarely feel happy as a person, unfortunately. I laugh a lot, I make lots of jokes, and I get along with people just fine. I actually am a very intelligent person and have a lot going for me. I haven't had a tough upbringing or a lot of problems that I have had to deal with. However, although my life is damn near perfect, I still am not happy.

To enhance what I am saying, I am also not unhappy. I just kind of go through each day and for the majority of my time I just feel as though I exist. There are some things that I really get happy and excited about, but there are others that really make me upset. These feelings are very short spurts though and it is a rare thing to encounter them. I see people that have said they go through a depressed "stage." There is no actual "stage" of true depression. It is just something that you live with. It is the way you are, the way you think.

I have thought about suicide once in awhile. Not because I am so upset that I want to kill myself. These thoughts are purely because I am curious, tired, or just lazy at times. In fact, I have never actually felt like killing myself whenever I have been upset. Usually when I am upset there is something or someone that will cheer you up. People can recognize when you're not yourself and try to help. This is a natural response.

I believe that people that take antidepressant medications are a lot like myself. They have never really felt the happiness that people talk about all the time and would like to feel it once in awhile. I am jealous of my girlfriend because she is a happy cheerful person all the time and I don't understand it. Until I came of an age where I realized this was not normal, there was no problem. There still isn't a problem actually. Most people don't know I have depression because it isn't a "disease" like all the doctors say. It is just a personality trait and a state of mind. It's perfectly fine to live with and perfectly managable by a person with any intelligence at all.

Now when it comes to the whole suicide rates and what causese it, or what should be done about it, etc. I don't really give a damn what is done about it. If a person is going to kill themself then they're going to kill themself. If they fail at killing themself I can understannd why they would want to kill themself in the first place. Unless it directly affects me and my time it doesnt make a difference if someone lives or dies to me. Just don't make me take time out of my busy day to go to your funeral and viewing. I had a friend from high school that did this and because it was my girlfriends cousin I had to go.

P.S. Yeah I'm a sick unit. Also, this is only my opinion and if anyone thinks it is selfish or rude then they should know that it makes more sense to get these people off of the street than have them bother useful people in society in my eyes. Again just an opinion. I rarely get to share my opinions but I figure I'm good here.
I am criticized by people every day for being too honest. I say what you think.
skcuf
New User
New User

Post by EvilGenius72 on Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:43 am
([msg=60826]see Re: Suicide......your thoughts[/msg])

Personally I like to think of suicide as a form of population control, albeit not a very effective one... The world we live in is vastly overpopulated and natural resources are being exhausted at an alarming rate. Anything that contributes the resolving this problem, even on a small scale is, is beneficial.
Knowledge is not evil; only those who use it for evil intentions are evil.
EvilGenius72
New User
New User

Post by winter-owned on Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:00 pm
([msg=61467]see Re: Suicide......your thoughts[/msg])

It's odd to post on a thread that hasn't seen any activity in almost a month but the boards here seem to crawl sometimes ...

I'm with Goatboy on this one. I won't go so far as to say suicide is beautiful or suicide kits should be sold (just too damn easy to convert into a murder kit!) but I would fully stand beside it in principal. How can we say we live in a sovereign nation made of sovereign citizens if the citizens who make that nation can't even decide for themselves whether or not they would like to exist? I think the only ethical thing to do is to make suicides for adults legal and regulated. As is people arbitrarily hurl themselves off buildings endangering pedestrians below them. People intentionally send their vehicles careening into oncoming lanes of traffic. People grab guns and shoot them at cops and other people hoping the cops will kill them. Society is not compassionate to them, why should they be compassionate to it?

How much better would it be to schedule an appointment, (or have your doctor come to you), choose a scenario, and go out to the beat of - probably not your own drum, the morphine is starting to kick in.

Suicide is a stupid means of population control, but seeing as we are going to have a horrible problem in the near future we'd mind as well give priority to people that at least want to live.
winter-owned
New User
New User

Post by The Guardians08 on Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:09 am
([msg=63018]see Re: Suicide......your thoughts[/msg])

I believe that people's lives have become to simple in this modern age, and when people face hardship, they figure the only way out is suicide. I think most people(and there are exceptions) that commit suicide are weak. However, I am young and have yet to face many hardships, so i know that my opinions may change as i get older.
I agree with the idea that terminally ill patients that are in massive pain should be allowed to "pull the plug", but a young, healthy person should not resort to suicide.
int foo + int bar = int baz
The Guardians08
New User
New User

Post by LoGiCaL__ on Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:46 am
([msg=63019]see Re: Suicide......your thoughts[/msg])

I am tempted to lock this thread seeing that before the last post it was over 2 months ago before it was active. However, it is an open ended topic, has several pages and as long as it doesn't become the HTS suicide hotline it should be all good("I can't get the password for basic one, I'm gonna jump"). That being said, suicide is trash in a box. No matter how bad things get, they can always be worse. There are way better things to learn about and discuss on this website.

Also The Guardians08, Welcome to HTS.
LoGiCaL__
Addict
Addict

Post by NEW_TWO_HACKING on Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:24 pm
([msg=63265]see Re: Suicide......your thoughts[/msg])

suicide is a personal decision if that person wishes to end his/hers life i think they have the right to because its their life to end
although i do not support it i can realise why people do it in a world corrupt like ours were people are
underminded all the time
and only the rich can succeed
are world is not yet free yes we may live in a government that says were free but were not,
were their is laws their is no freedom
the govvernment hide stuff from us
kids are bullied
people constantly turn to alcohal and drugs to take the easy way out
but yet their is a 'GOD'
NEW_TWO_HACKING
New User
New User

Post by rothbardwasafascist on Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:55 am
([msg=79922]see Re: Suicide......your thoughts[/msg])

People will kill themselves as long as they see reason to that they cannot continue living their lives, whether it be stress, addiction, etc. Same thing with drugs. They will be prominent as long as people find reason to use. Again, I believe that a person is free to make whatever personal choices they want as long as they do not encroach upon the rights of others. I also feel as though If Anarchist- communism was in effect, suicides (and drug use) would be greatly reduced. Communal ownership of the basics to life, as long as you agree to the expectations of the commune... etc. 4-5 hours a day of some kind of work to carry your existence in society.
rothbardwasafascist
New User
New User

Post by Goatboy on Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:20 pm
([msg=79931]see Re: Suicide......your thoughts[/msg])

For fuck's sake the last post was in 2011. Why do people insist on digging up the oldest threads?
Assume that everything I say is or could be a lie.
1UHQ15HqBRZFykqx7mKHpYroxanLjJcUk
Goatboy
Expert
Expert

Post by rothbardwasafascist on Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:49 am
([msg=79940]see Re: Suicide......your thoughts[/msg])

Hypocrite :D
rothbardwasafascist
New User
New User

PreviousNext

Return to Ethics