HTS Mobile

Got an idea on how things should be done? A problem with something on the site? Voice your opinion!

HTS Mobile

Post by mShred on Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:09 pm
([msg=59765]see HTS Mobile[/msg])

I remember back when i first started the missions, before i had a laptop. I would use my iPod touch to connect to the site and attempt the missions on the Safari browser. Not so easy to do. I think, i hope, at least some people would agree that a mobile HTS would be beneficial. Perhaps even apps on the App Store or Android Market. I don't know if anyone here is skilled in application development, but it's not a bad idea. I would find it less of a hassle to access the forums without having to zoom in on my phone, and click the link to topics.
The idea is in no way a necessity, just an idea.

For those about to rock.
mShred
Administrator
Administrator

Blog: View Blog (2)

Re: HTS Mobile

Post by Slahd on Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:00 pm
([msg=60235]see Re: HTS Mobile[/msg])

I think this idea is badass. I'm not any app designer, but I do know marketing; and this could definitely open up HTS's demographic to smartphone users. And the fact that you went on HTS on your iPod Touch reinforces this point. After all, I'm sure there are many users here that have smartphones and would access this site more often if it was mobile. I approve of this suggestion. :mrgreen:

S
CheckFINISHED checkFINISHED checkFINISHED
checkcheckcheck FINISHEDFINISHEDFINISHED
checkcheckcheckcheckcheckcheck
FINISHEDFINISHEDFINISHED
FINISHEDFINISHEDFINISHED
<Die the Death>!
<Sentence to Death>!
<Great Equalizer is The Death>!!
Slahd
Experienced User
Experienced User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by acevic on Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:36 pm
([msg=60238]see Re: HTS Mobile[/msg])

I saw this thread earlier, decided to reply later and forgot about it.
A mobile version for HTS can be a killer idea. But I'm pretty sure it needs to be done after the ongoing recode is complete. I do not think an app would be necessary unless you're talking about a mobile portal.
My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me
for.
acevic
Poster
Poster

Post by edone automaton on Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:50 am
([msg=60337]see Re: HTS Mobile[/msg])

acevic wrote:I saw this thread earlier, decided to reply later and forgot about it.

+1.
I like the idea, I tried HTS on my htc once and it was such a pain that I've never bothered since. Are we talking mainly about forum functionality? Its just, I cant imagine missions being much fun on a phone, unless there were some new, mobile device specific missions, not sure what form these could take though :/

Slahd: I may be misreading your point but I wonder if many new users would be attracted through a mobile site? Do people do much 'hacking' (in this context) on their phones? I'm not being arsey, I genuinely wonder, most people I know pretty much use their mobile internet for facebook and the like. I envisage a mobile HTS as being mainly like a cool extra for existing users.

On a loosely related topic, how about some sort of notification when people reply to your topic? I'm not saying HTS should become some sort of Haxx0r facebook but I think it would help conversation flow a little, sort of augmenting the community vibe...
A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer.
-Bruce Lee
edone automaton
Poster
Poster

Post by Slahd on Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:01 am
([msg=60361]see Re: HTS Mobile[/msg])

edone automaton wrote:Slahd: I may be misreading your point but I wonder if many new users would be attracted through a mobile site? Do people do much 'hacking' (in this context) on their phones? I'm not being arsey, I genuinely wonder, most people I know pretty much use their mobile internet for facebook and the like. I envisage a mobile HTS as being mainly like a cool extra for existing users.

Well, I don't see people hacking on their phones. I doubt many people have the ability to do so. Though I may be wrong. But perhaps someone wants to stay connected (because that's all the rage these days). How could they do that if they're not on the computer all day? So getting to them through the phone is the second best option. I see how this could be put in app form, but I would prefer going over the internet (that's just me though). Also, what I see for a mobile form of HTS is that it's functional on a mobile platform, but not the whole site. It's like an appetizer rather than the main course.

On an unrelated note, did you know that HTS has its own group on Facebook? I've even joined.

S
FINISHEDFINISHEDFINISHED
FINISHEDFINISHEDFINISHED
<Die the Death>!
<Sentence to Death>!
Slahd
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post by edone automaton on Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:21 am
([msg=60367]see Re: HTS Mobile[/msg])

Slahd wrote:
Well, I don't see people hacking on their phones. I doubt many people have the ability to do so. Though I may be wrong.

you've obviously never seen 'The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo' :lol:

Slahd wrote:On an unrelated note, did you know that HTS has its own group on Facebook? I've even joined.

I did see it mentioned in some other thread. The opinion seemed to be that it was full of trollery and whatnot. Also that no-one was sure who was even responsible for the page so there wasn't much going on in terms of admin input ? anyway, I'll have a look and see for myself....
A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer.
-Bruce Lee
edone automaton
Poster
Poster

Post by jgreen45 on Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:16 pm
([msg=60376]see Re: HTS Mobile[/msg])

I would love the idea of an app, maybe just to have the shiny button ;)

I hate to rain on the parade, but i wonder if Apple will even allow it into their App Store? They have become very fascist with their walled garden iDevices and i am fairly certain 'hacking' apps are not in the approved list. Then again there is always android :geek:
I can't come to bed...
Someone is WRONG on the internet

http://xkcd.com/386/
jgreen45
Poster
Poster

Post by Slahd on Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:02 pm
([msg=60383]see Re: HTS Mobile[/msg])

jgreen45 wrote:I would love the idea of an app, maybe just to have the shiny button ;)

When I saw this, I was reminded of this the button pushing that is. :lol:
I've never had any of Apple's products, so I'm not sure what it's like. But any kind of smartphone should work just as well.
edone automaton wrote:
Slahd wrote:Well, I don't see people hacking on their phones. I doubt many people have the ability to do so. Though I may be wrong.
you've obviously never seen 'The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo' :lol:

Obviously. :lol:

S
FINISHEDFINISHEDFINISHED
FINISHEDFINISHEDFINISHED
<Die the Death>!
<Sentence to Death>!
Slahd
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post by Vulpine on Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:22 pm
([msg=60408]see Re: HTS Mobile[/msg])

edone automaton wrote:I did see it mentioned in some other thread. The opinion seemed to be that it was full of trollery and whatnot. Also that no-one was sure who was even responsible for the page so there wasn't much going on in terms of admin input ? anyway, I'll have a look and see for myself....

It's entirely unaffiliated and, yes, full of trollery. HTS has a Twitter feed that gets updated about once a month but that's about it.
Vulpine
Poster
Poster

Post by jgreen45 on Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:57 pm
([msg=60416]see Re: HTS Mobile[/msg])

Slahd wrote:
jgreen45 wrote:I would love the idea of an app, maybe just to have the shiny button ;)

When I saw this, I was reminded of this the button pushing that is. :lol:

One of the better videos i have seen all day :D
I can't come to bed...
Someone is WRONG on the internet

http://xkcd.com/386/
jgreen45
Poster
Poster

Next

Return to Comments & Suggestions