Getting back into programming... Sort of

For the discussion of Perl, Python, Ruby, and PHP and other interpreted languages.

Re: Getting back into programming... Sort of

Post by neuromanta on Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:37 pm
([msg=59814]see Re: Getting back into programming... Sort of[/msg])

Cent, where did you learn how to develop an OS? Is your knowledge based only on OSDev.org? Is it possible to learn the basics from there (for, let's say, x86 architecture)? Don't you want to write a developer's blog about the development of your OS? :P
neuromanta
Poster
Poster

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by centip3de on Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:26 pm
([msg=59815]see Re: Getting back into programming... Sort of[/msg])

neuromanta wrote:Cent, where did you learn how to develop an OS? Is your knowledge based only on OSDev.org? Is it possible to learn the basics from there (for, let's say, x86 architecture)? Don't you want to write a developer's blog about the development of your OS? :P

1. Yea, OSDev, OSDever, the book CODE, and Google all helped greatly :)

2. Well x86 is the most common architecture, so, yes. Yes it is.

3. Hmmmmmm... That's a good idea.. But if I was to do this, I would have to do it right. From the beginning of course :) ...I just might do that. Restart my OS (Right now it's a mix of over 5 programming languages, and it triple faults like a bitch when an unexpected character is entered, so I think I might) and document it in a blog! Thanks for the idea =D

P.S. I'll include all code :)

mShred wrote:Keep it up man. When's the beta come out? ;)

Oh god... Right now I'm whatever the fuck is before alfa... Zeta? And if you wouldn't mind reading what I just typed, I think I'm going to restart and blog about my devvy adventures (code included of course ;) )! I'll post the link when I make the blog later tonight.

Thanks for all of your guys's support! :) I'll set the blog and restart the project asap.
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning. -Rick Cook
centip3de

Post by neuromanta on Sun Jul 17, 2011 3:09 am
([msg=59821]see Re: Getting back into programming... Sort of[/msg])

Looking forward to reading your dev blog. You can count on me commenting on it, flooding it with questions :D (when I have the time of course).
neuromanta
Poster
Poster

Post by Pat-man on Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:11 am
([msg=59826]see Re: Getting back into programming... Sort of[/msg])

centip3de wrote:3. Hmmmmmm... That's a good idea.. But if I was to do this, I would have to do it right. From the beginning of course :) ...I just might do that. Restart my OS (Right now it's a mix of over 5 programming languages, and it triple faults like a bitch when an unexpected character is entered, so I think I might) and document it in a blog! Thanks for the idea =D

Rewriting/cleaning code makes me feel perky like one of those girls who enjoy giving makeovers to ugly girls :lol:

I predict you'll be saying a lot of "why did I have to make it complicated like that... it could be done easily another way... :( "
Pat-man
New User
New User

Post by centip3de on Sun Jul 17, 2011 4:06 pm
([msg=59836]see Re: Getting back into programming... Sort of[/msg])

Pat-man wrote:
centip3de wrote:3. Hmmmmmm... That's a good idea.. But if I was to do this, I would have to do it right. From the beginning of course :) ...I just might do that. Restart my OS (Right now it's a mix of over 5 programming languages, and it triple faults like a bitch when an unexpected character is entered, so I think I might) and document it in a blog! Thanks for the idea =D

Rewriting/cleaning code makes me feel perky like one of those girls who enjoy giving makeovers to ugly girls :lol:

I predict you'll be saying a lot of "why did I have to make it complicated like that... it could be done easily another way... :( "

Well I just opened up my old files, and have been doing a lot more "WHY THE FLYING FUCK DID I DO THAT?!?!?!?!", but I'm sure I'll be doing some of those too :)

----EDIT----

Here's the site yo "http://thedevelopingblog.blogspot.com"
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning. -Rick Cook
centip3de

Post by knownerror on Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:11 am
([msg=59848]see Re: Getting back into programming... Sort of[/msg])

I'll sure be following this :)
knownerror
New User
New User

Post by PinkFloyd22 on Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:46 pm
([msg=59849]see Re: Getting back into programming... Sort of[/msg])

knownerror wrote:I'll sure be following this :)

Same here I am very interest how this is going to develop
gl with all :D
^_^
PinkFloyd22
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post by centip3de on Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:35 pm
([msg=59852]see Re: Getting back into programming... Sort of[/msg])

Well thanks for all the support everyone! 2 posts made already! :)
centip3de

Post by neuromanta on Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:26 pm
([msg=59857]see Re: Getting back into programming... Sort of[/msg])

centip3de wrote:Well thanks for all the support everyone! 2 posts made already! :)

Will you give us the link?
neuromanta
Poster
Poster

Post by knownerror on Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:36 pm
([msg=59858]see Re: Getting back into programming... Sort of[/msg])

neuromanta wrote:
centip3de wrote:Well thanks for all the support everyone! 2 posts made already! :)

Will you give us the link?

Was given earlier:

"http://thedevelopingblog.blogspot.com"
knownerror
New User
New User

PreviousNext

Return to Interpreted Languages