First actual face to face SE.

Social engineering is the art of manipulating people into performing actions or divulging confidential information. While similar to a confidence trick or simple fraud, the term typically applies to trickery for information gathering or computer system access and in most cases the attacker never comes face-to-face with the victim.

Re: First actual face to face SE.

Post by mShred on Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:25 am
([msg=59716]see Re: First actual face to face SE.[/msg])

tucak wrote:
capflyboy wrote:Oh, and no, an AV wont stop it.
If you have your AV stopping batch files, you may have some problems with some programs... haha

Actually, the AV will probably stop the autorun.

But it won't stop the batch files, like he just said.
Image

For those about to rock.
User avatar
mShred
Administrator
Administrator
 
Posts: 1613
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:22 pm
Blog: View Blog (2)


Re: First actual face to face SE.

Post by Vulpine on Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:01 am
([msg=59719]see Re: First actual face to face SE.[/msg])

It depends on your version of Windows and what the batch is trying to do. So much as trying to run an executable can make 7's UAC scream at you.
User avatar
Vulpine
Poster
Poster
 
Posts: 381
Joined: Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:14 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: First actual face to face SE.

Post by mShred on Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:00 pm
([msg=59720]see Re: First actual face to face SE.[/msg])

Yo
Vulpine wrote:It depends on your version of Windows and what the batch is trying to do. So much as trying to run an executable can make 7's UAC scream at you.

Oh shit that's right. I have my account the actual administrator account, I forgot about the whole UAC shit.
Image

For those about to rock.
User avatar
mShred
Administrator
Administrator
 
Posts: 1613
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:22 pm
Blog: View Blog (2)


Re: First actual face to face SE.

Post by edone automaton on Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:36 am
([msg=59825]see Re: First actual face to face SE.[/msg])

OP:
Aside from all that, first actual face to face SE? No. You carry out SE on people pretty much from birth (hopefully) with much more finesse and subtlety than the ossum attack you described here.
There is though, to my mind something ominous about the glee you get from potentially fucking over your aquaintances. You are a bad person, devoid of basic human compassion and unworthy of attention or kindness. A real nasty salt. Hang your head in shame....
All hope is not lost though, you can redeem yourself; simply pm me your bank details. I promise I wont do anything with them, it will just be an experiment to show you that not everyone is your enemy, some people can be trustworthy. Hopefully through this exercise in faith you can learn to be a better friend and your soul will be saved.
I will also tell everyone I know that you are a cool guy and that they should definitely like you. Serious.
A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer.
-Bruce Lee
User avatar
edone automaton
Poster
Poster
 
Posts: 190
Joined: Sat May 21, 2011 7:09 am
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: First actual face to face SE.

Post by Pat-man on Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:21 am
([msg=59828]see Re: First actual face to face SE.[/msg])

edone automaton wrote:OP:
Aside from all that, first actual face to face SE? No. You carry out SE on people pretty much from birth (hopefully) with much more finesse and subtlety than the ossum attack you described here.
There is though, to my mind something ominous about the glee you get from potentially fucking over your aquaintances. You are a bad person, devoid of basic human compassion and unworthy of attention or kindness. A real nasty salt. Hang your head in shame....
All hope is not lost though, you can redeem yourself; simply pm me your bank details. I promise I wont do anything with them, it will just be an experiment to show you that not everyone is your enemy, some people can be trustworthy. Hopefully through this exercise in faith you can learn to be a better friend and your soul will be saved.
I will also tell everyone I know that you are a cool guy and that they should definitely like you. Serious.


omg... you might have been addressing the OP but I felt like you were speaking to me... I pmed you everything... Thank you for saving me... :cry:
User avatar
Pat-man
New User
New User
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:58 am
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: First actual face to face SE.

Post by edone automaton on Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:00 pm
([msg=59841]see Re: First actual face to face SE.[/msg])

Pat-man wrote:
edone automaton wrote:OP:
Aside from all that, first actual face to face SE? No. You carry out SE on people pretty much from birth (hopefully) with much more finesse and subtlety than the ossum attack you described here.
There is though, to my mind something ominous about the glee you get from potentially fucking over your aquaintances. You are a bad person, devoid of basic human compassion and unworthy of attention or kindness. A real nasty salt. Hang your head in shame....
All hope is not lost though, you can redeem yourself; simply pm me your bank details. I promise I wont do anything with them, it will just be an experiment to show you that not everyone is your enemy, some people can be trustworthy. Hopefully through this exercise in faith you can learn to be a better friend and your soul will be saved.
I will also tell everyone I know that you are a cool guy and that they should definitely like you. Serious.


omg... you might have been addressing the OP but I felt like you were speaking to me... I pmed you everything... Thank you for saving me... :cry:

Don't worry about it, happens all the time. I'm one of the top 12 elite social engineers on HTS.....
A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer.
-Bruce Lee
User avatar
edone automaton
Poster
Poster
 
Posts: 190
Joined: Sat May 21, 2011 7:09 am
Blog: View Blog (0)


Previous

Return to Social Engineering

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests