Jailbreak source code

iOS-based devices (iPhone, iPad, etc.), jailbreaking, apps, and more.

Jailbreak source code

Post by Grendel12 on Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:44 am
([msg=59750]see Jailbreak source code[/msg])

Recently jailbreakme.com has returned to jailbreak iOS devices in iOS 4.x.x. I was wondering if anybody knew if this or similar jailbreaking software was open source. Jailbreakme.com specifically uses a buffer overflow attack in an iOS device's PDF code (so I read, but correct me if I'm wrong).

Google has only yielded sn0wbreeze, which, as far as I can tell, isn't a buffer overflow attack. I'm guessing there isn't much more than sn0wbreeze, but it doesn't hurt to ask.
Grendel12
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Jailbreak source code

Post by Vulpine on Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:15 am
([msg=59751]see Re: Jailbreak source code[/msg])

I'm not too familiar with jailbreaking methods for the iPhone (I'm allergic to Apple), but I do know that the guy mentioned is about the only person who knows the details of that particular exploit. Making these things open source would probably be counter-productive to what their goals are.
Vulpine
Poster
Poster

Post by fashizzlepop on Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:29 am
([msg=59752]see Re: Jailbreak source code[/msg])

Since Jailbreakme uses a PDF to drop the payload you can probably just download the PDF and look for the poison. Granted you won't have the Source or th methods they use to build the PDF.
The glass is neither half-full nor half-empty; it's merely twice as big as it needs to be.
fashizzlepop
Developer
Developer

Post by Grendel12 on Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:46 am
([msg=59757]see Re: Jailbreak source code[/msg])

the guy mentioned is about the only person who knows the details of that particular exploit. Making these things open source would probably be counter-productive to what their goals are.

Yeah, that makes sense. I'll just have to see what I can see with some PDF code.

-- Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:36 pm --

If anyone's interested I found the next best thing: the source code for jailbreakme 2.0. Outdated, yes, but still interesting.

https://github.com/comex/star

Fun fact: I'm (unfortunately) on a Windows machine, and AV went red-alert the second I downloaded it.
Grendel12
New User
New User

Post by VPR3 on Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:26 pm
([msg=59763]see Re: Jailbreak source code[/msg])

Vulpine wrote:(I'm allergic to Apple)

Wow..... I'm not the only one.....Apple is totally poisonous too me...
VPR3
Poster
Poster

Post by fashizzlepop on Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:00 pm
([msg=59781]see Re: Jailbreak source code[/msg])

Grendel12 wrote:
the guy mentioned is about the only person who knows the details of that particular exploit. Making these things open source would probably be counter-productive to what their goals are.

Yeah, that makes sense. I'll just have to see what I can see with some PDF code.

-- Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:36 pm --

If anyone's interested I found the next best thing: the source code for jailbreakme 2.0. Outdated, yes, but still interesting.

https://github.com/comex/star

Fun fact: I'm (unfortunately) on a Windows machine, and AV went red-alert the second I downloaded it.

Nice find :)
The glass is neither half-full nor half-empty; it's merely twice as big as it needs to be.
fashizzlepop
Developer
Developer

Return to iOS