Hacking internet wireless network

What's the best way to setup a home network? Why should I care about BGP?

Re: Hacking internet wireless network

Post by hoffeecraw on Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:09 pm
([msg=59200]see Re: Hacking internet wireless network[/msg])

Throwing this out there. Looking to share ideas with fellow computer enthusiasts. I want to channel the enthusiasm I have for computers to do something productive. I want to continue educating myself with the intricacies of computers, and make sure that the world is a better place. I could use a few mentors to get me going. I will reciprocate the lessons learned tenfold if I can. I will do anything I can to help anyone out that can lend me a hand. May you all be older, wiser, and kinder.
hoffeecraw
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by centip3de on Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:04 am
([msg=59207]see Re: Hacking internet wireless network[/msg])

hoffeecraw wrote:Throwing this out there. Looking to share ideas with fellow computer enthusiasts. I want to channel the enthusiasm I have for computers to do something productive. I want to continue educating myself with the intricacies of computers, and make sure that the world is a better place. I could use a few mentors to get me going. I will reciprocate the lessons learned tenfold if I can. I will do anything I can to help anyone out that can lend me a hand. May you all be older, wiser, and kinder.

I'm going to say this as nicely as I can be for anyone else flames you for asking this. Nobody here was mentored, and nobody here WILL mentor. Hacking is about self-discovery into the art of computers, and falling in love with it by yourself. This would be the equivalent of asking somebody to mentor you in the art of sex. Sure you can watch people do it, and read about it all you want, but when it comes down to it, it's all about self-discovery.
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning. -Rick Cook
centip3de

Post by pretentious on Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:33 am
([msg=59210]see Re: Hacking internet wireless network[/msg])

hoffeecraw wrote:Looking to share ideas with fellow computer enthusiasts

Throwing this out there. My uni runs a UNIX server which i was given a user account on to learn basic commands and such. I was already quite familiar with UNIX and while all the kids were mastering the "echo" command, i was looking around the file system. Something i noticed was often when i used the "sudo" command, rather than be prompted for a password, i was given a custom message about ethics. From this, i assume the server had been set up to withstand attacks from newbies like me. What are your ideas? Wanna brainstorm?
Goatboy wrote:Oh, that's simple. All you need to do is dedicate many years of your life to studying security.

IF you feel like exchanging ASCII arrays, let me know ;)
pretentious wrote:Welcome to bat country
pretentious
Contributor
Contributor

Post by fashizzlepop on Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:41 am
([msg=59213]see Re: Hacking internet wireless network[/msg])

Please stay on topic otherwise I will start warning and locking.
The glass is neither half-full nor half-empty; it's merely twice as big as it needs to be.
fashizzlepop
Developer
Developer

Post by Strongcyde on Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:54 pm
([msg=60717]see Re: Hacking internet wireless network[/msg])

if you really wanna learn unix, install bt5 and lock your self in a room for a week.
Strongcyde
New User
New User

Post by Lion_louie on Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:28 pm
([msg=66770]see Re: Hacking internet wireless network[/msg])

What's with all the people who can barely speak fluent english asking for 1-click programs that haxx nubs networks?
Lion_louie
New User
New User

Post by limdis on Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:15 pm
([msg=66771]see Re: Hacking internet wireless network[/msg])

Lion_louie wrote:What's with all the people who can barely speak fluent english asking for 1-click programs that haxx nubs networks?

Welcome to the hacking community. There are lot of those types. Don't worry, they never last long. Once they realize it's not like the movies and/or can't get stimulated in half a second they move onto more pressing matters. Like teen mom, or the latest hollywood marriage. Or pron.
"The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear..."
"Drink all the booze, hack all the things."
limdis

Post by centip3de on Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:21 pm
([msg=66774]see Re: Hacking internet wireless network[/msg])

Lion_louie wrote:What's with all the people who can barely speak fluent english asking for 1-click programs that haxx nubs networks?

Is it just me, or was this thread almost over a year old?
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning. -Rick Cook
centip3de

Previous

Return to Networking