Where Can I Find a DDoS?

Share any hilarious IRC quotes, pictures, jokes, and more here!
Forum rules
- NO nudity/pornography. NO racism. NO offensive material.
- Posting these may result in warnings and/or possible ban!
- Please abide by the rules: viewtopic.php?f=126&t=4355

Re: Where Can I Find a DDoS?

Post by acevic on Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:17 pm
([msg=58526]see Re: Where Can I Find a DDoS?[/msg])

fashizzlepop wrote:I just realized I tend to shy away from telling people I'm a hacker even if they ask me directly. I've been called a hacker by people but I just never mention it or talk about it. I'll sure put someone in their place if they try to make shot up that sounds cool. People who do brag tend not be knowledgeable.



Same applies for me. Other than the reason you mentioned, the term "hacker" has been watered down by the ones claiming to be such and not knowing a thing about the subject. The very definition of hacker has become the usage of software to steal passwords. It's best to just say that we like to exploit things and make them work in a way other than what it is originally meant to.

I had a couple of friends when I was a teenager who used to tell me how they hacked into Hotmail using software. We used to practically fear them. Now I look back and slap my forehead laughing at what crap I used to believe.
My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me
for.
User avatar
acevic
Poster
Poster
 
Posts: 328
Joined: Mon May 16, 2011 10:12 pm
Location: Siberia
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: Where Can I Find a DDoS?

Post by sanddbox on Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:06 am
([msg=58532]see Re: Where Can I Find a DDoS?[/msg])

N3v3rl00kback wrote:Something like that has happened to me before.

Me: Dude what are you doing?
Idiot: I'm hacking into your website!
Me: Do even know how?
Idiot: YEAH! SQL Injection. Duh.
Me: Do you know what that is?
Idiot: ....No.

Yeah he is idiot. Not very many people in our school that learn Html or Jaavascript. :D


Yes, because HTML and JavaScript are crucial for an understanding of SQL injection.
Image

HTS User Composition:
95% Male
4.98% Female
.01% Monica
.01% Goat
User avatar
sanddbox
Expert
Expert
 
Posts: 2337
Joined: Sat Jul 04, 2009 5:20 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: Where Can I Find a DDoS?

Post by neuromanta on Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:39 am
([msg=58534]see Re: Where Can I Find a DDoS?[/msg])

sanddbox wrote:
N3v3rl00kback wrote:Something like that has happened to me before.

Me: Dude what are you doing?
Idiot: I'm hacking into your website!
Me: Do even know how?
Idiot: YEAH! SQL Injection. Duh.
Me: Do you know what that is?
Idiot: ....No.

Yeah he is idiot. Not very many people in our school that learn Html or Jaavascript. :D


Yes, because HTML and JavaScript are crucial for an understanding of SQL injection.


Well said :D
User avatar
neuromanta
Poster
Poster
 
Posts: 303
Joined: Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:29 am
Location: Hungary
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: Where Can I Find a DDoS?

Post by VPR3 on Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:08 pm
([msg=58566]see Re: Where Can I Find a DDoS?[/msg])

Well if your a real hacker or truly professional at what it is you do, you should never have to tell people how good you are. If your really that good your reputation will precede you.
VPR3
Poster
Poster
 
Posts: 161
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:35 am
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: Where Can I Find a DDoS?

Post by JoeyPardella on Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:35 am
([msg=58595]see Re: Where Can I Find a DDoS?[/msg])

VPR3 wrote:Well if your a real hacker or truly professional at what it is you do, you should never have to tell people how good you are. If your really that good your reputation will precede you.


at least among the people who matter. because all those others, having no idea what is possible, you don't want those to know about your skills anyway.

although meanwhile hackers ARE appreciated by most non-techies because they realized that anon and those guys stand up for everybody on the internet to defend rights we all don't want to miss.
JoeyPardella
Experienced User
Experienced User
 
Posts: 81
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:43 am
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: Where Can I Find a DDoS?

Post by Vulpine on Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:13 am
([msg=58600]see Re: Where Can I Find a DDoS?[/msg])

JoeyPardella wrote:although meanwhile hackers ARE appreciated by most non-techies because they realized that anon and those guys stand up for everybody on the internet to defend rights we all don't want to miss.


Highly debatable. Most people I know see them for the hypocrites that they are; lashing out and attempting to squelch organizations that they simply don't like. That's hardly fighting to support Free Speech or any other right. If they want to do something useful, they could do something about all of the technology that China is stealing. Being useful gets difficult though, when the only tool in your arsenal is DDoS that gets used at the expense of the same people that you claim to be fighting for.
User avatar
Vulpine
Poster
Poster
 
Posts: 381
Joined: Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:14 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: Where Can I Find a DDoS?

Post by sanddbox on Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:05 pm
([msg=58625]see Re: Where Can I Find a DDoS?[/msg])

Vulpine wrote:
JoeyPardella wrote:although meanwhile hackers ARE appreciated by most non-techies because they realized that anon and those guys stand up for everybody on the internet to defend rights we all don't want to miss.


Highly debatable. Most people I know see them for the hypocrites that they are; lashing out and attempting to squelch organizations that they simply don't like. That's hardly fighting to support Free Speech or any other right. If they want to do something useful, they could do something about all of the technology that China is stealing. Being useful gets difficult though, when the only tool in your arsenal is DDoS that gets used at the expense of the same people that you claim to be fighting for.


Have you seen all the LulzSec shenanigans? They use simple SQL injections and LFI/RFIs, and when they can't find any, they just DDOS the site, all the while claiming it's "for the lulz". It's frightening the support that a team no better than those turkish hackers is receiving - they even received thousands of dollars of donations in BTC!

They're grossly violating the commonly accepted disclosure rules where you only publicly disclose an exploit a week after alerting the company (in the event that they haven't fixed it or responded).

As to the public image of hackers, it's incredibly naive to say that "hackers" are regarded as freedom fighters. They're though of simply as those people that steal your credit cards and infect your grandparents, which isn't surprising when ridiculous organizations like LulzSec are given the attention they are.
Image

HTS User Composition:
95% Male
4.98% Female
.01% Monica
.01% Goat
User avatar
sanddbox
Expert
Expert
 
Posts: 2337
Joined: Sat Jul 04, 2009 5:20 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)


Previous

Return to LULZ

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests