Trouble With My IP

For IRC Issues

Trouble With My IP

Post by jpmut on Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:05 pm
([msg=58550]see Trouble With My IP[/msg])

I am a dial-up user and my ISP uses the same IP for all dial-up subscribers. So when one subscriber (and there are hundreds/thousands subscribers) is infected by a virus or is malicious, the IP is blacklisted in CBL (and other lists of the sort). This has never been a problem except for IRC. I first tried to join HTS' IRC 2 years ago but this blacklisting gave me a hard time so I gave up. Occasionally through out the 2 yrs I'd try and find the blacklist and quit. This week (by some miracle), it finally went through. I've been online for a couple of days, and now I've been blacklisted again. I've delisted the IP and in an hour or two I might be able to sign back it. However, I know soon enough it will be blacklisted and CBL will stop delisting it.

What can you do to help me on this? Is it possible for you to "whitelist" my IP? I want to know that if I may never use IRC again until I move from dial-up.

Thanks.
The philosopher and mathematician Bertrand Russell was asked, "If a false premise can imply any conclusion, use 1 = 2 to prove you're the Pope!" Russell replied, "The Pope and I are two, so we are one."
jpmut
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Trouble With My IP

Post by fashizzlepop on Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:18 pm
([msg=58553]see Re: Trouble With My IP[/msg])

Technically, IRC is not supposed to be using the Blacklist service because it is against THEIR terms of use. You will have to talk to Kage about this one.

Sorry.
The glass is neither half-full nor half-empty; it's merely twice as big as it needs to be.
fashizzlepop
Developer
Developer

Post by Goatboy on Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:30 pm
([msg=58558]see Re: Trouble With My IP[/msg])

I'll hook you up, broski. I run a BNC at home that allows me to stay connected. It's sorta like an IRC-only proxy. I'll get you an account and message you the details.
Assume that everything I say is or could be a lie.
1UHQ15HqBRZFykqx7mKHpYroxanLjJcUk
Goatboy
Expert
Expert

Post by jpmut on Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:47 pm
([msg=58561]see Re: Trouble With My IP[/msg])

The philosopher and mathematician Bertrand Russell was asked, "If a false premise can imply any conclusion, use 1 = 2 to prove you're the Pope!" Russell replied, "The Pope and I are two, so we are one."
jpmut
New User
New User

Return to IRC