ToS enforcement suggestion

Got an idea on how things should be done? A problem with something on the site? Voice your opinion!

ToS enforcement suggestion

Post by acevic on Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:03 pm
([msg=58425]see ToS enforcement suggestion[/msg])

Judging from the "n00b" traffic you get, don't you think it's a good idea to make sure that the user reads through the ToS before registering for the forum?

You could create an open book ToS quiz that needs to be passed in order to post on the forums. The quiz will consist of questions such as:

"Can I ask HTS how to hack Hotmail?"
"What will happen to me if I do so?"
"Can I ask for a RAT on HTS?"
"My account has been hacked. Can I ask how to hack it and get it back?"

This would make the new user go through the ToS thoroughly and should greatly reduce the chances of illiterate people entering and "n00bs" from posting annoying and redundant threads.

In my opinion, this would be an easier and more efficient option as compared to moderating the first few threads of the new user. What do you think?
My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me
for.
acevic
Poster
Poster

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: ToS enforcement suggestion

Post by Goatboy on Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:09 pm
([msg=58426]see Re: ToS enforcement suggestion[/msg])

Your timing is uncanny. We were just discussing ways to make people read at least the important parts of the ToS. I'll bring this up.
Assume that everything I say is or could be a lie.
1UHQ15HqBRZFykqx7mKHpYroxanLjJcUk
Goatboy
Expert
Expert

Post by acevic on Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:12 pm
([msg=58427]see Re: ToS enforcement suggestion[/msg])

You're welcome (:
for.
acevic
Poster
Poster

Post by fashizzlepop on Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:10 pm
([msg=58430]see Re: ToS enforcement suggestion[/msg])

I think this would also work for a FAQ including things like "What do I need to do to learn to hack?" or "What is the next step?"
The glass is neither half-full nor half-empty; it's merely twice as big as it needs to be.
fashizzlepop
Developer
Developer

Post by acevic on Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:11 am
([msg=58437]see Re: ToS enforcement suggestion[/msg])

fashizzlepop wrote:I think this would also work for a FAQ including things like "What do I need to do to learn to hack?" or "What is the next step?"

Yes it could make a nice FAQ. You could provide reference to the FAQ when the user is taking the ToS test. Make sure all the main points from the ToS are included in the FAQ and the ToS test so that none of the ToS are missed out.

This idea I provided is not original though.
I have learned this from an outsourcing site I once signed up for a couple of years ago, Odesk. In order to apply above a certain limit of jobs, or work above a certain number of hours, you need to pass a readiness test which involves an open book quiz covering all the major aspects of Odesk including it's dispute resolution policies and the conditions for guaranteed payment. For every question, they even provide you direct links to the answers. A very nice and effective implementation of a test in order to ensure the user goes through all the terms and conditions and company policies. In the HTS case, the incentive provided should be the ability to post once you have passed the test (pass rate should be full marks, no exceptions). If one of the questions are answered incorrectly, the quiz will go on till the end and show "test failed" at the end of the quiz. The user would have to retake the whole quiz where the questions will be randomly re-sequenced every time. This will ensure that the user does not try random answers to pass the quiz.

This is an almost fool proof system and should filter out a lot of illiterates (who, at that point will have no idea what to do and due to lack of support, back off) and "n00bs" who would think twice before posting something that they know would get them flamed and banned.

This system is more likely to put the HTS staff into a bit more ease as related to your "n00b" problem.

By the way and totally off topic :P...I'm working on a short musical clip on Goatboy related to the banning hammer*
EDIT: Here it is. Enjoy!
Last edited by acevic on Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
for.
acevic
Poster
Poster

Post by Slahd on Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:02 am
([msg=58443]see Re: ToS enforcement suggestion[/msg])

I've just created an unofficial FAQ for HTS on pastebin. Here it is for you viewing pleasure! And please be sure to help by adding to it! :mrgreen:

S
CheckFINISHED checkFINISHED checkFINISHED
checkcheckcheck FINISHEDFINISHEDFINISHED
checkcheckcheckcheckcheckcheck
FINISHEDFINISHEDFINISHED
FINISHEDFINISHEDFINISHED
<Die the Death>!
<Sentence to Death>!
<Great Equalizer is The Death>!!
Slahd
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post by acevic on Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:58 am
([msg=58446]see Re: ToS enforcement suggestion[/msg])

Slahd wrote:I've just created an unofficial FAQ for HTS on pastebin. Here it is for you viewing pleasure! And please be sure to help by adding to it! :mrgreen:

S

Your FAQ definitely needs some organizing! I suggest hosting two FAQs, one official and one unofficial. The official FAQ will have the general ToS and a few rules and will be static. The unofficial or community FAQ should be a heavily moderated FAQ page where top users may contribute. This way, we get a more of a user friendly approach where the official FAQ will formally cover the general details and the unofficial FAQ will cover specific common cases. Comments and criticism please?
for.
acevic
Poster
Poster

Post by Slahd on Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:23 am
([msg=58448]see Re: ToS enforcement suggestion[/msg])

acevic wrote:
Your FAQ definitely needs some organizing! I suggest hosting two FAQs, one official and one unofficial. The official FAQ will have the general ToS and a few rules and will be static. The unofficial or community FAQ should be a heavily moderated FAQ page where top users may contribute. This way, we get a more of a user friendly approach where the official FAQ will formally cover the general details and the unofficial FAQ will cover specific common cases. Comments and criticism please?

I like your suggestion. In fact, it was mainly the angle I was going for. And yeah; my FAQ is really disorganized. I made it in only 5 minutes. But I'll keep working on it and make it better.

S
CheckFINISHED checkFINISHED checkFINISHED
checkcheckcheck FINISHEDFINISHEDFINISHED
checkcheckcheckcheckcheckcheck
FINISHEDFINISHEDFINISHED
FINISHEDFINISHEDFINISHED
<Die the Death>!
<Sentence to Death>!
<Great Equalizer is The Death>!!
Slahd
Experienced User
Experienced User