Hacking internet wireless network

What's the best way to setup a home network? Why should I care about BGP?

Re: Hacking internet wireless network

Post by sodapop101 on Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:24 pm
([msg=58243]see Re: Hacking internet wireless network[/msg])

Hey guys, instead of making a new topic, I figured I'd ask this question in this one.

I downloaded Aircrack-NG but I can't seem to find a way to open it. I opened the directory and it displays the lists of files and I've tried every single one. Occasionally, a terminal/command prompt box will open for a few seconds and close. Yes, I've already tried Google.
sodapop101
New User
New User
 
Posts: 42
Joined: Thu May 26, 2011 9:10 am
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: Hacking internet wireless network

Post by fashizzlepop on Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:22 am
([msg=58248]see Re: Hacking internet wireless network[/msg])

Are you on linux or windows? And did you look through the Aircrack-ng's site's tutorials? They have a lot of information.
The glass is neither half-full nor half-empty; it's merely twice as big as it needs to be.
User avatar
fashizzlepop
Developer
Developer
 
Posts: 2304
Joined: Sat May 24, 2008 1:20 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: Hacking internet wireless network

Post by sodapop101 on Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:46 am
([msg=58945]see Re: Hacking internet wireless network[/msg])

fashizzlepop wrote:Are you on linux or windows? And did you look through the Aircrack-ng's site's tutorials? They have a lot of information.


I'm on Windows. On the site, it says no help for Windows so I haven't even thought to look into it there. However, I have recently installed Ubuntu to dual boot. I guess I should use Aircrack-ng with Ubuntu?
sodapop101
New User
New User
 
Posts: 42
Joined: Thu May 26, 2011 9:10 am
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: Hacking internet wireless network

Post by centip3de on Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:28 am
([msg=58947]see Re: Hacking internet wireless network[/msg])

sodapop101 wrote:
fashizzlepop wrote:Are you on linux or windows? And did you look through the Aircrack-ng's site's tutorials? They have a lot of information.


I'm on Windows. On the site, it says no help for Windows so I haven't even thought to look into it there. However, I have recently installed Ubuntu to dual boot. I guess I should use Aircrack-ng with Ubuntu?


That would be wise young one.
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning. -Rick Cook
User avatar
centip3de
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 1412
Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:46 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: Hacking internet wireless network

Post by mShred on Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:32 am
([msg=58951]see Re: Hacking internet wireless network[/msg])

sodapop101 wrote:I'm on Windows. On the site, it says no help for Windows so I haven't even thought to look into it there. However, I have recently installed Ubuntu to dual boot. I guess I should use Aircrack-ng with Ubuntu?

You can still use Windows, my friend. The ported version of aircrack-ng is a command line application. What you can do,
1. Extract the files to a folder, say "C:\aircrack".
2. Open up command prompt.
3. Type 'cd \aircrack'.
4. Then you can list the directory files if you need to, 'dir'.
5. Run the executable file. It'll probably look something like 'aircrack.exe' or maybe 'aircrack-ng.exe'. And shaboom.
6. Profit.
Image

For those about to rock.
User avatar
mShred
Administrator
Administrator
 
Posts: 1687
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:22 pm
Blog: View Blog (2)


Re: Hacking internet wireless network

Post by sodapop101 on Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:56 pm
([msg=58958]see Re: Hacking internet wireless network[/msg])

mShred wrote:
sodapop101 wrote:I'm on Windows. On the site, it says no help for Windows so I haven't even thought to look into it there. However, I have recently installed Ubuntu to dual boot. I guess I should use Aircrack-ng with Ubuntu?

You can still use Windows, my friend. The ported version of aircrack-ng is a command line application. What you can do,
1. Extract the files to a folder, say "C:\aircrack".
2. Open up command prompt.
3. Type 'cd \aircrack'.
4. Then you can list the directory files if you need to, 'dir'.
5. Run the executable file. It'll probably look something like 'aircrack.exe' or maybe 'aircrack-ng.exe'. And shaboom.
6. Profit.


Thank you very much.
sodapop101
New User
New User
 
Posts: 42
Joined: Thu May 26, 2011 9:10 am
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: Hacking internet wireless network

Post by fashizzlepop on Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:17 pm
([msg=58982]see Re: Hacking internet wireless network[/msg])

Linux is more fun. Plus your penis grows by 2x (1.5x with Ubuntu).
The glass is neither half-full nor half-empty; it's merely twice as big as it needs to be.
User avatar
fashizzlepop
Developer
Developer
 
Posts: 2304
Joined: Sat May 24, 2008 1:20 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: Hacking internet wireless network

Post by centip3de on Sat Jun 25, 2011 6:41 pm
([msg=59021]see Re: Hacking internet wireless network[/msg])

fashizzlepop wrote:Linux is more fun. Plus your penis grows by 2x (1.5x with Ubuntu).


3x with Arch, and OVER 9000x if you develop your own OS
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning. -Rick Cook
User avatar
centip3de
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 1412
Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:46 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: Hacking internet wireless network

Post by fashizzlepop on Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:37 am
([msg=59045]see Re: Hacking internet wireless network[/msg])

centip3de wrote:
fashizzlepop wrote:Linux is more fun. Plus your penis grows by 2x (1.5x with Ubuntu).


3x with Arch, and OVER 9000x if you develop your own OS

I can agree with that. mShred would probably also add Slackware.
The glass is neither half-full nor half-empty; it's merely twice as big as it needs to be.
User avatar
fashizzlepop
Developer
Developer
 
Posts: 2304
Joined: Sat May 24, 2008 1:20 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: Hacking internet wireless network

Post by mShred on Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:34 pm
([msg=59060]see Re: Hacking internet wireless network[/msg])

fashizzlepop wrote:mShred would probably also add Slackware.

Psh. You know me too well.
Image

For those about to rock.
User avatar
mShred
Administrator
Administrator
 
Posts: 1687
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:22 pm
Blog: View Blog (2)


PreviousNext

Return to Networking

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests