Design Forum

Design Forum

Post by Bazukero on Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:06 pm
([msg=56583]see Design Forum[/msg])

Hi, guys. I'm new to HTS... this is my second post. But I have seen that design isn't really importand arround here and I want to give my opinion about this.

You know... design for me was pretty much like a therapy. Sometimes, when I got sad or angry or when I had nothing to do, I just put some music on and started playing arround with photoshop. And when I finished the work I was very satisfied and with my mind clear again. And this hobby is helping me a lot to develop my creativity and even logical thinking.

Besides that... I think the forum would be so much more beautiful and cool if everyone had an avatar and a sign. It would be even better if everyone made the own avatars and signs, because it's fun. So, I'm not asking to start learning design and creating great jobs... I'm just asking to give more importance to design because it can be really helpful sometimes.
And I believe that a discussion about the meaning of an image can be as healthy as a discussion about ethics, politics, etc.

"A picture is worth a thousand words."

I'm Brazilian and I'm learning english yet, so... sorry if I made any mistakes or if I was rude or something.

And I'll take the oportunity to show some jobs of mine that I really like.

If you agree with me I have a request to do:
Let's make design forum blow up with images. Post your jobs, ask for tips, post tutorials. Do everything you can to make design as important as it should be in this forum.

Hope you like it. Thanks!

PS: I don't have avatar and sign yet because I want to make a new one especially to this forum.
Bazukero
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Design Forum

Post by fashizzlepop on Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:23 pm
([msg=56587]see Re: Design Forum[/msg])

I like the idea but I doubt everyone has the time and passion to do this right now. Sure, some people may start doing some stuff now that you brought it up, but this IS more of a Security and Software related site. :/

Your English was very good btw.
The glass is neither half-full nor half-empty; it's merely twice as big as it needs to be.
fashizzlepop
Developer
Developer

Post by Bazukero on Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:42 pm
([msg=56590]see Re: Design Forum[/msg])

Oh, true... I forgot that free time is something rare to hackers, but anyway, if you guys someday have it, this is my idea about how spend it. ;)

Thanks! I'm still learning and sometimes I get really afraid of making mistakes.
Bazukero
New User
New User

Post by mShred on Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:36 am
([msg=56593]see Re: Design Forum[/msg])

It is a pretty good idea. But i myself have no idea on how to deal with graphic designing. So we could assume others here are the same way.
But yeah your English is perfectly fine.

For those about to rock.
mShred
Administrator
Administrator

Blog: View Blog (2)

Post by Goatboy on Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:31 am
([msg=56596]see Re: Design Forum[/msg])

If this were called DesignThisSite, you might have a point. I think it's likely however that we only put this subforum in because a certain cupcake-loving Mod at the time wanted it.
Assume that everything I say is or could be a lie.
1UHQ15HqBRZFykqx7mKHpYroxanLjJcUk
Goatboy
Expert
Expert

Post by Bazukero on Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:18 am
([msg=56601]see Re: Design Forum[/msg])

Well, I know that it's a hacking forum but there is more posts in the other non-related forum and I'm not asking to make it a design forum. But, as I said, I think a discussion about the meaning of an image is as healthy as a discussion about ethics, politics and religion. So I think it should be equal important. I just ask to the design forum be as important as the other non-related forums.

Hope you understand what I'm trying to say.
Thanks!
Bazukero
New User
New User

Post by Goatboy on Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:27 pm
([msg=56606]see Re: Design Forum[/msg])

A forum section is only as important as the interest it generates. There's no setting on PHPBB3 to change the interest level of a particular section. If enough people start to like the design section, it will grow naturally. What I'm trying to say is that most people come here for the security, not the the design.
Assume that everything I say is or could be a lie.
1UHQ15HqBRZFykqx7mKHpYroxanLjJcUk
Goatboy
Expert
Expert

Post by fashizzlepop on Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:42 pm
([msg=56612]see Re: Design Forum[/msg])

One way to start would be to find an intriguing image and start the conversation. :)
The glass is neither half-full nor half-empty; it's merely twice as big as it needs to be.
fashizzlepop
Developer
Developer

Post by Bazukero on Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:05 pm
([msg=56616]see Re: Design Forum[/msg])

Goatboy wrote:A forum section is only as important as the interest it generates. There's no setting on PHPBB3 to change the interest level of a particular section. If enough people start to like the design section, it will grow naturally. What I'm trying to say is that most people come here for the security, not the the design.

Okay... That's why I started this topic. I'm trying to give a reason to people like the design section. I thought that maybe some people liked design but didn't want to post it because it wasn't a very active section. I was like that, so I'm trying to find someone else like that. I know that if there is anyone like that it won't be many. But... it's worth a try.

fashizzlepop wrote:One way to start would be to find an intriguing image and start the conversation. :)

Great Idea... I'll try to find something like that.

Once again... sometimes I don't know very well how to express myself in English, so sorry if I can't be very clear.
Bazukero
New User
New User

Post by fashizzlepop on Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:34 pm
([msg=56702]see Re: Design Forum[/msg])

You are doing an excellent job with your English. :)
fashizzlepop
Developer
Developer

Next

Return to General design