What do you believe in?

For discussing religion and related topics.

Re: What do you believe in?

Post by Kwing on Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:56 pm
([msg=52726]see Re: What do you believe in?[/msg])

I believe everything exists within perception, and that what we think and believe alters our reality, though the more people there are, the less control each of us has over our surroundings. I also believe in an astral plane where we can escape to during meditation, death, etc. that overlaps the physical plane. Through it we can draw wisdom from a collective consciousness, and communicate with deities we have created. Psychics and healers can consciously channel energy from the astral plane while other people do, but on an unconscious level... That's pretty much all I think there is to it.
Kwing
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by LilithNight on Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:30 am
([msg=56274]see Re: What do you believe in?[/msg])

What I believe is complicated I guess. I was raised Pentecostal, went to a reformed Lutheran grade/middle school and a Catholic high school. I don't believe any of them are spot on. I believe in God and he can go by many names, but I think in the end it all leads to one god. I don't believe in hell as being a fiery pit of burning sulphur, but as nothing, emptiness, not being able to connect to God or other souls. I believe people are reborn many times without previous memories because their soul feels it needs to learn in order to feel like it's worthy to be with God. I believe in angels and demons and ghosts. I think that before we're ready to be born we make almost a map of how we want to reach our goal. That we give ourselves many different options along the way on how to get where we want to go. We also plan on how we exit our current life, they may come up at different times within our lives and different ways. I feel this is why some people have near death experiences. Our souls are limitless, but our bodies are only temporary vessels. I believe our souls can leave our body and return whenever our conscious mind steps aside. I believe in an astral plane and a physical plane.
LilithNight
New User
New User

Post by r-ID on Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:45 pm
([msg=56393]see Re: What do you believe in?[/msg])

agnosticism, my assumptions about religion:
1) it is pointless to be religious, you can't state anything right about it, it is endless and pointless discussion
2) religion is as a way to control people, i don't fall for that.
3) religion makes boundaries for human mind, some people have very small boundaries, some big.
4) the easiest way to discard problems is to say that there is a god, everything starts to make sense then.
5) the statement "there is a god", is not enough good answer to me, i want to know more, how it/he was created, what kind of laws works for it/him, that's why i see no point to add god.
and i do believe in fractal universe.
i'm pretty sure my philosophical view of religion will never change
r-ID
Poster
Poster

Post by at0myx on Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:36 pm
([msg=56432]see Re: What do you believe in?[/msg])

I'm a Pentecostal (God, the Trinity, heaven/hell).

I'm also a noob on this site and the Basic missions were awesome! :)
at0myx
New User
New User

Post by miss_neus on Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:19 am
([msg=56576]see Re: What do you believe in?[/msg])

I am a Buddhist, not a monk but a layperson Buddhist.
I practice the Buddhist teachings, this basically entails doing as little harm to any sentient being whilst seeking happiness and ultimately in the long run, enlightenment.

Though this is a huge subject that could be discussed for a long time ill explain in a few sentences, briefly, why I took up Buddhism.

If any of you have ever read any of Buddha's teachings or know anything about Buddhism, you will know it is a very logical "Religion", though it has been said that it can be more correctly defined as a Psychology as it deals in great detail with how we perceive the world to be and how it really is. I myself have always been a very logical thinker, and my parents first looked into Buddhism, suggested it to me, and then I got interested and found it to be a very agreeable and advantageous lifestyle.

I do not believe there Is a god or deity that oversees what we do, judging them to be right or wrong, I believe we are our own judges due to our karma accumulation at the end of our life, this determines what realm we are reincarnated into.
I believe in cause and effect, and what you give out you get return, in this life or the next.
I believe there could be such thing as ghosts, though not in the way most people see them as being trapped spirits of dead humans, in Buddhism there are many realms that overlap, such as the animal and human realms. Ghosts could be a third realm overlapping ours, such as the "Hungry Ghost" realm.
I believe religion's are both good and bad, I think they are there to instil morals into people but I do not like the way most do it by instilling fear of the wrath of god into people.

Any other people who follow the Buddhist teaching? or any questions I can answer :)
miss_neus
New User
New User

Post by desalater on Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:08 pm
([msg=59150]see Re: What do you believe in?[/msg])

I am of the baptist faith i believe in the Bible God and Jesus I understand why some people do not care for christians or the christian faith. There's to many false prophets and hypocrites in the world today. When I say i believe I do my best on a day to day bases to also walk my faith as I was meant to not just say haha im going to heaven and you not like most traditional 14 year old "believers" today.
desalater
New User
New User

Post by knownerror on Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:32 pm
([msg=59155]see Re: What do you believe in?[/msg])

Atheism.
Simple and easy and it makes more sense than using your imagination to prove something.
knownerror
New User
New User

Post by fashizzlepop on Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:14 pm
([msg=59162]see Re: What do you believe in?[/msg])

I'm Agnostic because I'm too logical to be atheist.
The glass is neither half-full nor half-empty; it's merely twice as big as it needs to be.
fashizzlepop
Developer
Developer

Post by Pythous on Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:02 pm
([msg=59188]see Re: What do you believe in?[/msg])

fashizzlepop wrote:I'm Agnostic because I'm too logical to be atheist.

^This, I don't believe in God, but outright denying the possibility of creationism would be sinking to the same self-assured devotion to my beliefs that most religious people have. The bottom line is that there is no way to prove or disprove any belief system and to say that you know which one is right is complete idiocy.
We did not invent the algorithm.
The algorithm consistently finds Jesus.
The algorithm killed Jeeves.
The algorithm is banned in China.
The algorithm is from Jersey.
The algorithm constantly finds Jesus.
This is not the algorithm. This is close.
Pythous
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post by Vulpine on Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:56 pm
([msg=59199]see Re: What do you believe in?[/msg])

Pythous wrote:I don't believe in God, but outright denying the possibility of creationism would be sinking to the same self-assured devotion to my beliefs that most religious people have. The bottom line is that there is no way to prove or disprove any belief system and to say that you know which one is right is complete idiocy.

Agnosticism is cool. It's probably even more prudent than stark atheism. But saying that creationism has a shred of credibility flies in the face of decades and mountains of scientific research. We know, beyond any doubt, that the world is not 6000 years old and that evolution is in the same ballpark as cell theory, germ theory, the theory of gravity, heliocentric theory, and all manner of electrical theory. No system of beliefs required when you have evidence to support a claim.

Deism is probably the only reasonable theism, in that it is not entirely unreasonable to believe that some higher power/being/consciousness/form of life may exist, but that it does not take any personal interest in each and every one of us.
Vulpine
Poster
Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Religion