A hint on getting the hash.

Re: A hint on getting the hash.

Post by carambula on Sun Jul 18, 2010 12:47 pm
([msg=42056]see Re: A hint on getting the hash.[/msg])

took 0 secs for me using http://www.golubev.com/hashgpu.htm on geforce 9600
notice: you should search which type of md is it
carambula
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by JSmith1987 on Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:16 am
([msg=52232]see Re: A hint on getting the hash.[/msg])

How did you know the Type of Hash?
I already knew it from the forum, but in real life how to know the hash Algorithm being used?
JSmith1987
New User
New User

Post by fashizzlepop on Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:39 am
([msg=52237]see Re: A hint on getting the hash.[/msg])

You're only as good as the information you get. The challenge description says something important about the up-to-date-ness of the technology.
The glass is neither half-full nor half-empty; it's merely twice as big as it needs to be.
fashizzlepop
Developer
Developer

Post by sagevpwns on Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:20 pm
([msg=53336]see Re: A hint on getting the hash.[/msg])

wow i feel dumb. thanks for the hint about the up-to-date ness. had gotten the hash and C&A on my own, with the brute force running for about 3 hours. figured it couldn't possibly take that long so i figured i'd check the forums to see if anyone else was having issues. After reading the above post, managed to get the pword in about 10 seconds and my laptop is god awful slow.
:thumbsup:
sagevpwns
New User
New User

Post by spolen88 on Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:28 am
([msg=55590]see Re: A hint on getting the hash.[/msg])

I have the hash but I am using backtrack 4 r2 and cant download c&a and also none of the the hash crackers that come with bt4r2 work with the hash type, can anyone help please?
spolen88
New User
New User

Post by Goatboy on Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:36 am
([msg=55591]see Re: A hint on getting the hash.[/msg])

spolen88 wrote:I have the hash but I am using backtrack 4 r2 and cant download c&a and also none of the the hash crackers that come with bt4r2 work with the hash type, can anyone help please?

I highly doubt that none of the BackTrack tools will work here.
Assume that everything I say is or could be a lie.
1UHQ15HqBRZFykqx7mKHpYroxanLjJcUk
Goatboy
Expert
Expert

Post by spolen88 on Sun Mar 27, 2011 4:00 am
([msg=55599]see Re: A hint on getting the hash.[/msg])

Goatboy wrote:
spolen88 wrote:I have the hash but I am using backtrack 4 r2 and cant download c&a and also none of the the hash crackers that come with bt4r2 work with the hash type, can anyone help please?

I highly doubt that none of the BackTrack tools will work here.

Which bt tool would you personally recommend for this hash?
sorry im a noob to it all.
spolen88
New User
New User

Post by Goatboy on Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:42 pm
([msg=55613]see Re: A hint on getting the hash.[/msg])

spolen88 wrote:Which bt tool would you personally recommend for this hash?
sorry im a noob to it all.

I did this with C&A personally, but BackTrack should have the tool you need. Try some out, and assuming you know the hash type, it should work just fine.
Assume that everything I say is or could be a lie.
1UHQ15HqBRZFykqx7mKHpYroxanLjJcUk
Goatboy
Expert
Expert

Post by A-r-9-R-u-9-6-y on Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:46 pm
([msg=56231]see Re: A hint on getting the hash.[/msg])

Hello, this is my first post, and before I say anything I'd like to thank everyone how made this site possible and all who keep working on it. Great job :) . Now, I've been working at this since last night, and since today was my day off, I've worked at it all day today also. I've googled, read forums, clicked all the links in the forums. I still cant find the hash :cry: . I feel so dumb. I finished all the basic misions and all the javascript ones, but Im still stuck on this one. If some one could please PM me to help me figure out what Im doing wrong, it would be awesomely apresiate (yes, I said awesomely). I checked all the source codes, and my dead end is /secret/admin.php ... I cant find where to go from there (and yes, I tryed same as basic 3). Thank you in advanced =)
A-r-9-R-u-9-6-y
New User
New User

Post by N30H4CK on Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:01 pm
([msg=58811]see Re: A hint on getting the hash.[/msg])

A-r-9-R-u-9-6-y wrote:Hello, this is my first post, and before I say anything I'd like to thank everyone how made this site possible and all who keep working on it. Great job :) . Now, I've been working at this since last night, and since today was my day off, I've worked at it all day today also. I've googled, read forums, clicked all the links in the forums. I still cant find the hash :cry: . I feel so dumb. I finished all the basic misions and all the javascript ones, but Im still stuck on this one. If some one could please PM me to help me figure out what Im doing wrong, it would be awesomely apresiate (yes, I said awesomely). I checked all the source codes, and my dead end is /secret/admin.php ... I cant find where to go from there (and yes, I tryed same as basic 3). Thank you in advanced =)

lol, I'm having the same issue. Perhaps it's because I've been doing these all day and I'm tired, but perhaps it's a general concept I'm not getting. :roll: I've done all of the basics and all of the realistic up to this point. Any help would be appreciated as far as actually finding the file containing the hash value. Thank you in advance! :P

Edit: Figured it out, and yes, I feel stupid. I was waaaaaay over-thinking this one. Hint: What do .htaccess files not normally allow surfers to do? ;)
N30H4CK
New User
New User

PreviousNext

Return to (Real 5) Damn Telemarketers!