iPhone 4

iOS-based devices (iPhone, iPad, etc.), jailbreaking, apps, and more.

iPhone 4

Post by tsezell on Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:56 pm
([msg=56006]see iPhone 4[/msg])

I am a student at UALR and working on an Independent Study. My task is to find a way to hack into the iPhone 4. I know that the security structure is AES 256 so I know that there is no way around that as of yet. There are multiple hacks for jail broken iPhones but I want something that does not require the victim's iPhone in front of you at the time and something so that it does not have to be jail broken. I'm not sure if there is something that can be done through Safari or some other interface of the iPhone but ideas would be greatly appreciated. I have gone through Apple developer documents but I still cannot find anyway through AES structure.
tsezell
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: iPhone 4

Post by Goatboy on Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:19 pm
([msg=56008]see Re: iPhone 4[/msg])

This sounds about as likely as Monica's new diet plan.
Assume that everything I say is or could be a lie.
1UHQ15HqBRZFykqx7mKHpYroxanLjJcUk
Goatboy
Expert
Expert

Post by LoGiCaL__ on Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:59 pm
([msg=56013]see Re: iPhone 4[/msg])

A few nights ago my brother had his ipod connected to my wireless network and I was just messing around to see what info I could find. Now, i know it's not the iphone but they are similar enough. Anyways, here are the results from an nmap scan from the ipod. Interestingly enough it has an open port with an iphone-sync service.

Code: Select all
Starting Nmap 5.00 ( http://nmap.org ) at 2011-04-03 21:09 EDT
Interesting ports on 192.168..:
Not shown: 65533 closed ports
PORT      STATE    SERVICE
30526/tcp filtered unknown
62078/tcp open     iphone-sync
MAC Address: 00:00:00:00:00:00 (Unknown)

Nmap done: 1 IP address (1 host up) scanned in 677.09 seconds
LoGiCaL__
Addict
Addict

Post by tsezell on Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:58 pm
([msg=56319]see Re: iPhone 4[/msg])

Thank you! That is helpful I didn't really think of anything like that. That is helpful though and gives me a good starting point. I think that I might be able to derive something from that. I know that the AES structure that the iOS uses is very secure but I just needed an in to the operating system and find something of use. Jailbroken phones have multiple loopholes but i want to find something via the operating system itself and investigate that way.
tsezell
New User
New User

Post by centip3de on Tue May 03, 2011 5:50 pm
([msg=56942]see Re: iPhone 4[/msg])

I don't really mess with apple products all that much, but I believe there was a virus via text message swarming around a while ago..... :?
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning. -Rick Cook
centip3de

Post by Dwere134 on Wed May 11, 2011 5:12 pm
([msg=57303]see Re: iPhone 4[/msg])

centip3de wrote:I don't really mess with apple products all that much, but I believe there was a virus via text message swarming around a while ago..... :?

Any source of that you may be aware of?
By source I mean the code. I don't have a phone that I'm willing to muck with enough for the actual virus. But I'd love to see the code behind that.
Dwere (David)
Goatboy wrote:
Dwere wrote:I'm not one to start some branch of religion though. Not my thing.

Of course if you wanted to, you could call it the Davidians!
Dwere134
Experienced User
Experienced User

Return to iOS