The effects of the Internet

Current events and political views (It's not liberal vs conservative , it's better versus worse!)

Re: The effects of the Internet

Post by Nostalgiia on Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:21 pm
([msg=54936]see Re: The effects of the Internet[/msg])

I'm just curious, does anyone find it possible that we, the "future overlords" of the internet, will ever become ignorant of a new technology that we just didn't grow up with?

Our parents didn't grow up with this technology, but they did still grow up with technology. And that which they grew up with, the understand. How can we guarantee that something new and more advanced that we just can't grasp won't emerge?

I would like to think that i will always be on the cutting edge of things, but when you consider the fact that there are 6 billion people in this world atm, and many of them are on the cutting edge (now), and many are developing new technology and improving what we already have. How are we supposed to keep up with it all, all the time?

\m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/
Nostalgiia
Experienced User
Experienced User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by aqvilifer on Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:21 pm
([msg=56096]see Re: The effects of the Internet[/msg])

Nostalgiia wrote:I'm just curious, does anyone find it possible that we, the "future overlords" of the internet, will ever become ignorant of a new technology that we just didn't grow up with?

It would have to be something fairly out there for that to happen, in my opinion. Not only have we grown up with all the wonderful technology, and resources that we have; we've also grown up in a time when technology is rapidly advancing. New ideas are popping up constantly, and more and more people are training themselves to keep up with these advances.
I think that people are going to start becoming much more focused on a single aspect of what they're doing, than having a broad understanding of it all... I guess that last bit was kind of saying "I think so" to your question.
aqvilifer
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by mShred on Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:50 pm
([msg=56111]see Re: The effects of the Internet[/msg])

Nostalgiia wrote:I'm just curious, does anyone find it possible that we, the "future overlords" of the internet, will ever become ignorant of a new technology that we just didn't grow up with?

Our parents didn't grow up with this technology, but they did still grow up with technology. And that which they grew up with, the understand. How can we guarantee that something new and more advanced that we just can't grasp won't emerge?

I would like to think that i will always be on the cutting edge of things, but when you consider the fact that there are 6 billion people in this world atm, and many of them are on the cutting edge (now), and many are developing new technology and improving what we already have. How are we supposed to keep up with it all, all the time?

I'm not so sure. I kinda feel that, well since a lot of the people here are up to date with technology and updates and everything, most of us will accept the new technology and make use of it. I feel that a lot of us will be all about new technology. Maybe i'm wrong.

For those about to rock.
mShred
Administrator
Administrator

Blog: View Blog (2)

Previous

Return to Politics