Concealed carry

What is right? Is there right? Are you right?

Re: Concealed carry

Post by Goatboy on Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:10 pm
([msg=53880]see Re: Concealed carry[/msg])

I just generally assume I'm awesome.

My dad's KABAR has a 6" blade. In my area the max length you can carry is 3", unfortunately. And yea, they were meant to be useful, but let's face it: a blade that long doesn't exactly make one think "cooking" at first.
Assume that everything I say is or could be a lie.
1UHQ15HqBRZFykqx7mKHpYroxanLjJcUk
Goatboy
Expert
Expert

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by conscience on Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:47 pm
([msg=53881]see Re: Concealed carry[/msg])

neuromanta wrote:
tucak wrote:
conscience wrote:off proc
Beszarok. Nyócker? :mrgreen:

off endp

I usually wear steel-cap boots if it's considered to be a weapon. Otherwise not. The don't make too much sense as they can harm YOU either. Maybe a pretty DIY laser torque would be interesting... ;)

OFF: Miskolc, ha nem tévedek.

OFF: Eddig Miskolc volt, most kőbánya :D Egyik sem egy életbiztosítás...
Now get back to english :)

(To keep it English... :D )
Kőbánya? So I've almost guessed :P At least, Dreher rulz! : mrgreen :
You-Know-Whos often come to our neighborhood at weekends, and I also have some friends from Kőbánya, so I guess I know what you are talkin' about. :) Fortunately I never needed any weapons so far; hope these trends to keep going on...

Goatboy wrote:I just generally assume I'm awesome.
:D At least these thoughts are
Let him who has understanding recount the number of the beast, for it is a human number: His number is 0x029A.
conscience
Poster
Poster

Post by mShred on Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:26 pm
([msg=53882]see Re: Concealed carry[/msg])

Goatboy wrote:My philosophy is simple: If someone wants to kill me, they're going to have to survive me trying to kill them. My dad was a Marine for 22 years, and say what you want about the military, but they teach you to survive. When he taught me how to fight, he didn't tell me to fight with honor. He told me to kick people when they're down, gouge their eyes out, constrict their airways, and do as much damage as you feel is necessary to keep them from doing harm to you. If that means a nut shut, I'll do it. Much better than a knife in my side.

That's exactly how my dad, who's in the Army, taught me. Except maybe minus the eyes part.

Goatboy wrote:To that end, I always carry a knife (or two) on me.

I'm the exact same way. I've always got my Kershaw assisted opening on me. If i'm carrying any sort of bag, i've got at lease one pocket knife and another of my choice in there, butterfly, bowie, throwing, etc.

As for guns, i feel like people should have the right to carry guns to some extent. But i don't think the government is going to do anything until they're forced into the position. Example would be if another Columbine happened, except on a much larger scale, then people may start to feel the need for more gun restrictions. Which probably wouldn't be all too bad, except for that time that one crazy person has a gun and no one else does.

For those about to rock.
mShred
Administrator
Administrator

Blog: View Blog (2)

Post by Phantom Wolf on Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:55 pm
([msg=53885]see Re: Concealed carry[/msg])

Goatboy wrote:I just generally assume I'm awesome.

My dad's KABAR has a 6" blade. In my area the max length you can carry is 3", unfortunately. And yea, they were meant to be useful, but let's face it: a blade that long doesn't exactly make one think "cooking" at first.

Hey, I cut steak with mine all the time, seriously. But, you're right. Sucks on the 3" max, I guess my machete would be out of the question.

mShred wrote:I'm the exact same way. I've always got my Kershaw assisted opening on me. If i'm carrying any sort of bag, i've got at lease one pocket knife and another of my choice in there, butterfly, bowie, throwing, etc.

I really don't care for folding knives period, not durable enough for me. I work on a farm/ranch, and put my knives through hell. I messed around with throwing knives for a while, kinda cool, but not for me.
"Well it isn't my fault. I shouldn't have been allowed to do something to crash it." "No, you shouldn't have been allowed to buy a computer in the first place"
Phantom Wolf
Poster
Poster

Post by mShred on Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:35 pm
([msg=53886]see Re: Concealed carry[/msg])

Phantom Wolf wrote:I really don't care for folding knives period, not durable enough for me. I work on a farm/ranch, and put my knives through hell. I messed around with throwing knives for a while, kinda cool, but not for me.

I love throwing knives. I'm decent with them too. But i've got folding knives and sheath blades too. I just always carry at least one folding, my Kershaw.

For those about to rock.
mShred
Administrator
Administrator

Blog: View Blog (2)

Post by insomaniacal on Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:48 pm
([msg=53888]see Re: Concealed carry[/msg])

Odd how so many of our parents were military. My father was in the Polish Army before he pulled some strings to be able to move to the States (Communists were real picky about who they let over). I never learned too much in-depth as far as fighting goes though.

Yes, they are illegal. Yes, they are meant to kill. No, I don't give a fuck.

Spoken like a true hacker. 6" Blades are great though. Small enough to use to for cooking, large enough for self-defence, and easy to carry.
It's not who votes that counts, it's who counts the votes
insomaniacal.blog.com
insomaniacal
Addict
Addict

Post by neuromanta on Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:38 am
([msg=53899]see Re: Concealed carry[/msg])

To be honest, even a little knife can be very dangerous in close fight, if it's sharp, and used correctly. Once I've seen someone using a sharp edged coin as a weapon, and causing serious wounds. So it's not about size... if you see a knife in the hands of your enemy, it's better to run, believe me. Once my master said (who does wing tsun for 18 years now), that he has approx. 50% for survival, if he fights against an enemy with a knife, with bare hands... and he is practicing against knives very much.
neuromanta
Poster
Poster

Post by hellow533 on Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:00 am
([msg=53900]see Re: Concealed carry[/msg])

neuromanta wrote:To be honest, even a little knife can be very dangerous in close fight, if it's sharp, and used correctly. Once I've seen someone using a sharp edged coin as a weapon, and causing serious wounds. So it's not about size... if you see a knife in the hands of your enemy, it's better to run, believe me. Once my master said (who does wing tsun for 18 years now), that he has approx. 50% for survival, if he fights against an enemy with a knife, with bare hands... and he is practicing against knives very much.

Umm, no. Just no.
First of all, almost any martial arts fighter *including navy seals, army, any military* vs. a punk ass pot smoking druggy with a knife will be able to disarm him and win. Your master must be horrible, or extremely old and cannot fight anymore. American military personal are very well trained, and can probably kick any punk on the street with a knife's ass.
“Teach me how to hack!”
"What, like, with an axe?"
hellow533
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Phantom Wolf on Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:50 am
([msg=53902]see Re: Concealed carry[/msg])

hellow533 wrote:
neuromanta wrote:To be honest, even a little knife can be very dangerous in close fight, if it's sharp, and used correctly. Once I've seen someone using a sharp edged coin as a weapon, and causing serious wounds. So it's not about size... if you see a knife in the hands of your enemy, it's better to run, believe me. Once my master said (who does wing tsun for 18 years now), that he has approx. 50% for survival, if he fights against an enemy with a knife, with bare hands... and he is practicing against knives very much.

Umm, no. Just no.
First of all, almost any martial arts fighter *including navy seals, army, any military* vs. a punk ass pot smoking druggy with a knife will be able to disarm him and win. Your master must be horrible, or extremely old and cannot fight anymore. American military personal are very well trained, and can probably kick any punk on the street with a knife's ass.

He probably meant against someone who knows how to use it. Now, I'm not trained, but wouldn't run from a "punk" with a knife (and the situation has come up where it was me versus several kids with switchblades who thought they were badass. Had my shotgun then), however if I came face to face with some Navy Seal who wanted to kill me, I wouldn't be hanging around. But, you are right, it isn't always better to run just because your opponent has a knife. In any combat situation, it's best to use your good judgement. All of us "1337 h4x0rs" have good judgement, right?
"Well it isn't my fault. I shouldn't have been allowed to do something to crash it." "No, you shouldn't have been allowed to buy a computer in the first place"
Phantom Wolf
Poster
Poster

Post by neuromanta on Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:04 am
([msg=53904]see Re: Concealed carry[/msg])

hellow533 wrote:

Umm, no. Just no.

I suppose you never ever tried to fight with bare hands against someone with a knife. A knife can cut you in any moment during the fight (and a real fight takes 10 seconds maximum, if they are not amateurs), every time you try to grip the arm holding the knife, things can go bad. Real fight is not like movies you know.
Regarding my master, he's not horrible and not old, in fact he is training military and police personel too. But we can't decide it here on the internet, so I don't think it's worth to argue about who would win in a fight between my master and a "godly american supersoldier" :).
neuromanta
Poster
Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Ethics