Programming 7

Put your programming skills to the test in these challenges.

Programming 7

Post by GuitarDave on Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:08 am
([msg=53390]see Programming 7[/msg])

ok, finally giving in and posting for clues/advice here.

the way i am currently doing it almost works, but produces an image that is still juuuust slightly too scrambled to read in most cases. i'm sorting using the background of the image itself, and the total RGB value of each line (assuming the background is more or less a gradient). if anyone cares, the relevant code is here, and should be pretty much self explanatory:

Removed by Defience

i know i'm missing something, i just can't for the life of me figure out what. does anyone have any hints/clues that might help me figure this one out? don't want to solution given to me, just maybe a nudge in the right direction?

-Dave
GuitarDave
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Programming 7

Post by Defience on Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:03 am
([msg=53392]see Re: Programming 7[/msg])

Do not post code to programming missions, even if it doesn't completely work. Instead, post what language you are using and ask if someone that has completed the mission would be willing to look at your code.
Defience
Addict
Addict

Re: Programming 7

Post by GuitarDave on Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:26 am
([msg=53394]see Re: Programming 7[/msg])

ah, sorry. wasn't thinking. apologies.

i'm using livecode (vastly expanded descendant of hypercard). it really is pretty much self-documenting though, so if you can code at all you'll probably be able to figure out what it's doing very quickly.

if anybody wants to look at the code, drop me a pm and i'll give you the link. i there's some secondary trend in the image that i'm missing.

(edit: meant hypercard not supercard)
GuitarDave
New User
New User

Return to Programming