HTS Needs to Stop Sucking

Got an idea on how things should be done? A problem with something on the site? Voice your opinion!

Re: HTS Needs to Stop Sucking

Post by Wells on Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:18 am
([msg=53137]see Re: HTS Needs to Stop Sucking[/msg])

Monica wrote:No worries, I believe Brendan will be implementing a theme changer for your own taste.

How about you get a real graphic designer who is able to make an attractive and usable site? Then you don't need to waste time adding theme changers and instead you can focus on more important things. Just my two cents.
Wells
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by Brendan2011 on Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:01 pm
([msg=53142]see Re: HTS Needs to Stop Sucking[/msg])

Wells wrote:
Monica wrote:No worries, I believe Brendan will be implementing a theme changer for your own taste.

How about you get a real graphic designer who is able to make an attractive and usable site? Then you don't need to waste time adding theme changers and instead you can focus on more important things. Just my two cents.

How about you reach into your wallet and buy us one? An SSL certificate would be nice too. Secure Site Pro with EV ftw. Just saying.
Brendan2011
New User
New User

Post by sanddbox on Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:00 pm
([msg=53148]see Re: HTS Needs to Stop Sucking[/msg])

Brendan2011 wrote:
Wells wrote:

How about you reach into your wallet and buy us one?

Because he is not a staff member?

HTS User Composition:
95% Male
4.98% Female
.01% Monica
.01% Goat
sanddbox
Expert
Expert

Post by Brendan2011 on Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:12 pm
([msg=53150]see Re: HTS Needs to Stop Sucking[/msg])

sanddbox wrote:Because he is not a staff member?

If he wants it, he can buy it. Staff aren't just going to drop their pay check because Wells wants shininess.
Brendan2011
New User
New User

Post by sanddbox on Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:21 pm
([msg=53153]see Re: HTS Needs to Stop Sucking[/msg])

Brendan2011 wrote:

If he wants it, he can buy it. Staff aren't just going to drop their pay check because Wells wants shininess.

...You're proposing we have an HTS user purchase a designer?

HTS User Composition:
95% Male
4.98% Female
.01% Monica
.01% Goat
sanddbox
Expert
Expert

Post by Brendan2011 on Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:28 pm
([msg=53154]see Re: HTS Needs to Stop Sucking[/msg])

sanddbox wrote:
Brendan2011 wrote:

I'm purposing that if a HTS user wants the site to be shiny and pr0, they can pitch in to help it be that way, instead of making demands. Other than, they can stick to RTB.
Brendan2011
New User
New User

Post by LoGiCaL__ on Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:09 pm
([msg=53155]see Re: HTS Needs to Stop Sucking[/msg])

How about some kind of fund raiser? "Save HTS", or "Free John Gotti", j/k. For real though, just as a quick thought.....How about some kind of contest like a programming contest where it doesn't take a lot of cash to start, but everyone who enters throws in/donates 5-10 $USD and the host comes up with some good problems/puzzles. Instead of the winner getting a prize, just bring them on as some low level staff and let them prove their self in order to get promoted?

It doesn't exactly have to be that idea, but something in order to raise some kind of funds.
LoGiCaL__
Addict
Addict

Post by tremor77 on Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:17 am
([msg=53165]see Re: HTS Needs to Stop Sucking[/msg])

Why bother with any of this... I've been a pretty active HTS user for about 1 year. I think my contributions have been decent at times. I decided to apply for a staff position that is apparently open, that other staff members suggested I apply for, which I'm far overqualified for. I would have expected by now to be at least notified in some manner.. thanks for the application, we'd like to chat with you or a you suck, we don't want you. But a non-reply is an ultimate face slap... so I'm going to find wiser ways to spend my time.
tremor77
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Kage on Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:48 pm
([msg=53176]see Re: HTS Needs to Stop Sucking[/msg])

tremor77 wrote:Why bother with any of this... I've been a pretty active HTS user for about 1 year. I think my contributions have been decent at times. I decided to apply for a staff position that is apparently open, that other staff members suggested I apply for, which I'm far overqualified for. I would have expected by now to be at least notified in some manner.. thanks for the application, we'd like to chat with you or a you suck, we don't want you. But a non-reply is an ultimate face slap... so I'm going to find wiser ways to spend my time.

I dug through the application E-Mails I've received, and I got one that has "tremor77" in it, along with incredible amounts of HTML/CSS crap your client decided to tack on. Your E-Mail was completely illegible and got disregarded. Sorry I don't have time to reply to every illegible E-Mail that comes into that address, since 99% of the stuff that comes to it is spam. Yours was likely observed this same way.

Edit: FYI, the only things I could really make out from your E-Mail were three website addresses. The rest was black text on a black background filled with HTML special characters (& kinds). When I see something like that, that looks like spam.
~ Kage ~

HackThisSite Manager
Kage
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Monica on Sat Feb 05, 2011 4:36 pm
([msg=53203]see Re: HTS Needs to Stop Sucking[/msg])

There needs to be a "Thank You" button on this forum, srsly.

Anyway, Tremor, I looked over your application. You didn't specify which position you applied for. If you're interested to become a forum moderator, please let me know. Tons of cleaning up to do here. We would appreciate any help.
hi am new so plz dont troll me or i report 2 the HTS mods ty
Monica
Contributor
Contributor

PreviousNext

Return to Comments & Suggestions