HTS Needs to Stop Sucking

Got an idea on how things should be done? A problem with something on the site? Voice your opinion!

Re: HTS Needs to Stop Sucking

Post by neuromanta on Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:10 am
([msg=53031]see Re: HTS Needs to Stop Sucking[/msg])

Kage wrote: but you do repeatedly demand the source.


Why can't he have it? Why can't anyone have it? I thought HTS follows open source principles. I understand if you fear of embarrassment, but for the sake of HTS, you should rise above that.

Wells wrote:That makes it sound like I have a superiority complex and everyone else is wrong unless they use my ideas. That's not how I think and I would not write that.


That's what you write, yet your comments are telling the opposite. I believe you when you say you don't have superiority complex, but even though you believe it too, it doesn't seem to be true. You always speak as if you were the only professional programmer in the world, that's a fact. Your points are valid, you make excellent suggestions to improve a 14 yr old's code, yet you are the one who behaves like a 14yr old.
Last edited by neuromanta on Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
neuromanta
Poster
Poster
 
Posts: 302
Joined: Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:29 am
Location: Hungary
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: HTS Needs to Stop Sucking

Post by mRmasteRful on Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:03 am
([msg=53109]see Re: HTS Needs to Stop Sucking[/msg])

Havent been around for a while. Im wondering what happened to the community side projects like HTS-radio and HTS-lectures. If there are any plans to continue those I'd be glad to start back using IRC.
mRmasteRful
Poster
Poster
 
Posts: 274
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:53 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: HTS Needs to Stop Sucking

Post by Goatboy on Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:37 am
([msg=53110]see Re: HTS Needs to Stop Sucking[/msg])

mRmasteRful wrote:Havent been around for a while. Im wondering what happened to the community side projects like HTS-radio and HTS-lectures. If there are any plans to continue those I'd be glad to start back using IRC.

Glad to see my favorite DR buddy back.

HTS Radio and Lectures were great ideas that simply fizzled out for some reason. Lack of interest, lack of volunteers, idk. Right now we're kinda focusing on the recode overall, so I am afraid that content is going to take a backseat for a bit.
Assume that everything I say is or could be a lie.
1UHQ15HqBRZFykqx7mKHpYroxanLjJcUk
User avatar
Goatboy
Expert
Expert
 
Posts: 2815
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:35 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: HTS Needs to Stop Sucking

Post by mutantsrus on Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:48 pm
([msg=53118]see Re: HTS Needs to Stop Sucking[/msg])

Yeah, those ideas had a lot of potential, but it seems that the bulk of HTS is comprised of people who are too apathetic to exert any amount of energy that exceeds that of fapping. Just my two cents.
User avatar
mutantsrus
New User
New User
 
Posts: 40
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:01 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: HTS Needs to Stop Sucking

Post by Brendan2011 on Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:08 pm
([msg=53119]see Re: HTS Needs to Stop Sucking[/msg])

Goatboy wrote:HTS Radio and Lectures were great ideas that simply fizzled out for some reason. Lack of interest, lack of volunteers, idk. Right now we're kinda focusing on the recode overall, so I am afraid that content is going to take a backseat for a bit.


There's this new idea called threading. One doesn't have to take the backseat, because they can run parallel. You're letting it for some reason God doesn't even know.
Brendan2011
New User
New User
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: HTS Needs to Stop Sucking

Post by Goatboy on Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:06 pm
([msg=53120]see Re: HTS Needs to Stop Sucking[/msg])

Brendan2011 wrote:
Goatboy wrote:HTS Radio and Lectures were great ideas that simply fizzled out for some reason. Lack of interest, lack of volunteers, idk. Right now we're kinda focusing on the recode overall, so I am afraid that content is going to take a backseat for a bit.


There's this new idea called threading. One doesn't have to take the backseat, because they can run parallel. You're letting it for some reason God doesn't even know.

Don't get pissy about it. I made the suggestions and other people were appointed to take the lead roll. I'm not placing the blame on anyone, I'm simply giving some reasons why they might not have taken off as planned.
Assume that everything I say is or could be a lie.
1UHQ15HqBRZFykqx7mKHpYroxanLjJcUk
User avatar
Goatboy
Expert
Expert
 
Posts: 2815
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:35 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: HTS Needs to Stop Sucking

Post by Brendan2011 on Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:11 pm
([msg=53121]see Re: HTS Needs to Stop Sucking[/msg])

Goatboy wrote:Don't get pissy about it. I made the suggestions and other people were appointed to take the lead roll. I'm not placing the blame on anyone, I'm simply giving some reasons why they might not have taken off as planned.


There was no intended anger/being pissy in that post. :| I was wondering why you implied that the staff as a whole can only focus on one issue at a time.
Brendan2011
New User
New User
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: HTS Needs to Stop Sucking

Post by Goatboy on Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:16 pm
([msg=53122]see Re: HTS Needs to Stop Sucking[/msg])

Brendan2011 wrote:There was no intended anger/being pissy in that post. :| I was wondering why you implied that the staff as a whole can only focus on one issue at a time.

The word choice and sarcasm made it seem otherwise, but whatever.

I'm not saying that we can only focus on one thing at a time, but rather it seems like we are. I am sure that if we all spent more time coding/working on HTS in general instead of arguing about doing it, more stuff would get done. I, for one, am busy working on the Forensic missions (in my spare time, that is). I do content, not site code.
Assume that everything I say is or could be a lie.
1UHQ15HqBRZFykqx7mKHpYroxanLjJcUk
User avatar
Goatboy
Expert
Expert
 
Posts: 2815
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:35 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: HTS Needs to Stop Sucking

Post by sanddbox on Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:18 pm
([msg=53123]see Re: HTS Needs to Stop Sucking[/msg])

Brendan2011 wrote:I was wondering why you implied that the staff as a whole can only focus on one issue at a time.


Uh, because that is precisely true? This has been demonstrated again and again.
Image

HTS User Composition:
95% Male
4.98% Female
.01% Monica
.01% Goat
User avatar
sanddbox
Expert
Expert
 
Posts: 2331
Joined: Sat Jul 04, 2009 5:20 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: HTS Needs to Stop Sucking

Post by Monica on Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:55 pm
([msg=53133]see Re: HTS Needs to Stop Sucking[/msg])

Each of the staff members are working on different projects, but of course, we're all focused on the recode as a whole. I will be making the new template (or theme, rather), and the "default" consist of #333333 and # FF0066.

...Sawp.

No worries, I believe Brendan will be implementing a theme changer for your own taste.

I continue to see users are bringing up lectures and radio. Keep in mind, we are as interested as you are to keep these projects active. We're concerned about the lack of volunteers to present lectures. Once again, if you truly believe you can contribute an informative lecture, please contact any staff member so we can get this started.

Upset? Got suggestions? Keep leaving us feedback. Without feedback, in no way in hell we can improve. Thanks in advance for input.
hi am new so plz dont troll me or i report 2 the HTS mods ty
User avatar
Monica
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 877
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:29 am
Location: In The Shadows
Blog: View Blog (0)


PreviousNext

Return to Comments & Suggestions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests