Proxy list

Discuss the many weaknesses of browser security and ways to mitigate the threat

Proxy list

Post by Okeymaker on Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:35 am
([msg=51839]see Proxy list[/msg])

Hey! I created this topic because I wanted a list of good proxies. (Personally I am looking for safe proxies that is hard to hack, that doesnt give out any informtaion or stores it, and who can keep my anonymity on the internet) I bet that the more experienced members here can give me a bunch of awesome proxies :)

ONLY THE BEST PLEASE!

Explain in which meaning the proxy is good: Is it safe? Does it really keep your anonymity? Has it a bunch of awesome "settings"?

Please respond, we all need a good list to choose from :)
~SEEK AND HEAL~ Failure
Okeymaker
Experienced User
Experienced User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Proxy list

Post by phasic on Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:06 pm
([msg=51841]see Re: Proxy list[/msg])

I'm currently trying out the proxy list on http://hidemyass.com/proxy-list/ but I can't ensure the secureness of the proxies listed there. It seems to be updated really fast and there are information about the type, anonymity, speed and connection time but don't blame me if the proxies aren't as good as they seem.

Of course, to be really safe you can use TOR (The Onion Router) - that should be enough to make sure that you stay anonymous.
phasic
New User
New User

Post by Okeymaker on Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:35 pm
([msg=51842]see Re: Proxy list[/msg])

Yeah, thank you for the list. When it comes to TOR I can say that i have tried it out but it seems like the newest version of Vidalia is too advanced for me (and that´s a sarcasm) because I am too stupid to get it work properly.
Okeymaker
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post by mShred on Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:28 am
([msg=51890]see Re: Proxy list[/msg])

For those about to rock.
mShred
Administrator
Administrator

Blog: View Blog (2)

Post by s0fa on Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:03 am
([msg=51895]see Re: Proxy list[/msg])

First of all - there is nothing such as "hundred percent security" on the internet but just by beeing intelligent in your behaviour you can it increase it massively. (You know, girls don't end with .exe ..)
The second thing ist - the most free proxies are not that anonymous as they are saying, investing some money is in my opinion not the worst idea somebody can have. I would also advise you to take a look at the VPN - technology - there are lots of cheap offers and the chance that you are faster than with some public proxies is .. well, a hundred percent!
"The individual is defined only by his relationship to the world and to other individuals; he exists only by transcending himself, and his freedom can be achieved only through the freedom of others." - Simone de Beauvoir
s0fa
New User
New User

Post by Okeymaker on Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:58 am
([msg=51915]see Re: Proxy list[/msg])

mShred wrote:http://google.com

Dear msHread, the whole point of posting in a forum is that you can exchange information from persons with a good experience of the current topic. I have tried google but I give HTS a chance to help me as well, and maybe save me some hours. And sarcastic is most probaly ineffective on me, cause I invented it.

s0fa: thx for the advice :)
Still the idea of this thread was to create a list of proxies that "looks good" xD
~SEEK AND HEAL~ Failure
Okeymaker
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post by s0fa on Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:33 am
([msg=51918]see Re: Proxy list[/msg])

Just a short note to "Security", I accidentaly found this article here on HTS, maybe it's helpful. Some listings for proxies:
You have to separate between proxy-types (definitions are stolen from one of these sites so sorry for the bad English):
Transparent proxies: This kind of proxies dosen’t hide anything from the server about the user. It sends it the user’s IP address, which makes them not usable for anonymity purposes. Stay away from those is you’re trying to keep your anonymity over the internet.

Anonymous proxies: This kind of proxies hide the user’s IP address, but tells the server the request is routed via a proxy. If you use that kind of proxies the server will be able to know you use proxy, but won’t know who you are. If you just need to mask your identity, and don’t care the server will know you’re using a proxy, that’s the right way to go. Otherwise, read on about Elite proxies.

Elite proxy: This type of proxies hide the user’s IP address and hides the fact that you’re even using a proxy, which means the server can’t tell who you are and can’t even know that you use a proxy server. If you care both about anonymity and making the server unaware of you using a proxy, you should go with that option.

I'm not into the whole thing but I hope, I could help in some way.
"The individual is defined only by his relationship to the world and to other individuals; he exists only by transcending himself, and his freedom can be achieved only through the freedom of others." - Simone de Beauvoir
s0fa
New User
New User

Post by mShred on Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:01 pm
([msg=51926]see Re: Proxy list[/msg])

Okeymaker wrote:
mShred wrote:http://google.com

Dear msHread, the whole point of posting in a forum is that you can exchange information from persons with a good experience of the current topic. I have tried google but I give HTS a chance to help me as well, and maybe save me some hours. And sarcastic is most probaly ineffective on me, cause I invented it.

*mShred
If you wanted to start a topic about good proxies where everyone can contribute some of their better proxies then you should have said that instead of saying
Okeymaker wrote:Hey! I created this topic because I wanted a list of good proxies.

For those about to rock.
mShred
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Okeymaker on Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:54 pm
([msg=51965]see Re: Proxy list[/msg])

Okey, mrsHred, tell me how to say it in an understandable way so I can change the first post :)
~SEEK AND HEAL~ Failure
Okeymaker
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post by mShred on Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:42 am
([msg=51991]see Re: Proxy list[/msg])

Okeymaker wrote:Okey, mrsHred, tell me how to say it in an understandable way so I can change the first post :)

This should help.

For those about to rock.
mShred
Administrator
Administrator

Next

Return to Web