Extended basic 6

Learn how to do code review

Re: Extended basic 6

Post by goluhaque on Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:03 am
([msg=33860]see Re: Extended basic 6[/msg])

I know about d register_globals. i also know wat 2 do with d URL(only 2 things affect the response, a variable and a function value, the variable's value depending upon the function's in the code given). wat i don't know is dat to make d value TRUE, can v simply put 1 or v hv 2 entr TRUE. Also what eludes me is dat is TRUE here a string(i.e. o v hv 2 use inverted commas).

<edit>never mind,did it :D</edit>
(23:45:03) hauk: I guess you are over the best part of your life when 4-year-olds say "Are you an evil man?"
(23:46:19) hauk: and "Ima punch you in the pecker"
goluhaque
Poster
Poster

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by faazshift on Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:23 am
([msg=33863]see Re: Extended basic 6[/msg])

@greggunner: For this mission it doesn't really matter the value, as long as you get the right variable.
faazshift
Contributor
Contributor

Post by kaoS555 on Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:06 pm
([msg=42099]see Re: Extended basic 6[/msg])

Took me a bit to figure out how to properly pass the variable through as it didn't work by itself $:) but then I re-read the page and figured things out :mrgreen:
kaoS555
New User
New User

Post by cissou on Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:43 pm
([msg=50854]see Re: Extended basic 6[/msg])

I think I get the mechanics, but it just won't work.
A certain variable is uninitialized. I want to set it to a certain value so that I am granted access to the site. I can do this easily with a GET injection because register_globals is set to TRUE (this I am assuming by reading the comments of people who succeeded).

Problem is : that is not working. What am I doing wrong ?

EDIT : ridiculous... Don't forget to add the "http://moo.com" when submitting your solution
cissou
New User
New User

Post by sasha95 on Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:16 pm
([msg=51304]see Re: Extended basic 6[/msg])

Excuse me, perhaps what I'm about to say is not right. If so, please correct me as soon as possible. There's been a lot of confusion with this mission, I've been confused myself. The thing is, nowadys everyone knows that you can't modify a get variable if it isn't requested (as user and pass). You should add to the mission's description something like : This site in run by a new sysadmin who you might say is a bit 'outadated'.

That way, you will be able to find the answer using more the logic than luck, perhaps... unless that's what you want, that's why I'm asking you please to revise my post. Thank you
sasha95
New User
New User

Post by sanddbox on Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:07 am
([msg=51307]see Re: Extended basic 6[/msg])

sasha95 wrote:Excuse me, perhaps what I'm about to say is not right. If so, please correct me as soon as possible. There's been a lot of confusion with this mission, I've been confused myself. The thing is, nowadys everyone knows that you can't modify a get variable if it isn't requested (as user and pass). You should add to the mission's description something like : This site in run by a new sysadmin who you might say is a bit 'outadated'.

Uh, what?

HTS User Composition:
95% Male
4.98% Female
.01% Monica
.01% Goat
sanddbox
Expert
Expert

Post by fashizzlepop on Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:16 am
([msg=51312]see Re: Extended basic 6[/msg])

You're supposed to look through the code to figure out what makes it vulnerable. Logic isn't your first angle of attack.

Most of the challenges involve exploits that would easily have been avoided if the site designer wasn't a nit-wit.
The glass is neither half-full nor half-empty; it's merely twice as big as it needs to be.
fashizzlepop
Developer
Developer

Post by drnkr on Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:54 am
([msg=58939]see Re: Extended basic 6[/msg])

Here's a tip. Variables you pass in an URL don't necessarily have to begin with a dollar sign.
drnkr
New User
New User

Post by idetker on Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:06 pm
([msg=71139]see Re: Extended basic 6[/msg])

This level's solution checking is way too permissive and it allows many "wrong" solutions as it only checks for stuff like "http://", ".php" and you know what else ;)
idetker
New User
New User

Post by ChronosX on Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:07 pm
([msg=72184]see Re: Extended basic 6[/msg])

sanddbox wrote:
sasha95 wrote:Excuse me, perhaps what I'm about to say is not right. If so, please correct me as soon as possible. There's been a lot of confusion with this mission, I've been confused myself. The thing is, nowadys everyone knows that you can't modify a get variable if it isn't requested (as user and pass). You should add to the mission's description something like : This site in run by a new sysadmin who you might say is a bit 'outadated'.

Uh, what?

Think he is saying that as this feature: "This feature has been DEPRECATED as of PHP 5.3.0 and REMOVED as of PHP 5.4.0." there should be some hint that the PHP version the mission is using is outdated which I agree with.
ChronosX
New User
New User

PreviousNext

Return to Extended Basics