RUNESCAPE!!!!!

Got something to share about your favorite games? Strategies? Game codes? Discuss gaming topics here!

Re: RUNESCAPE!!!!!

Post by H4ku on Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:51 pm
([msg=45370]see Re: RUNESCAPE!!!!![/msg])

Runescape was fun back in the day.....when Zezima was king. Now it's just dead. I'll get all pumped and hop on for a day, then lose interest for another 6 months.

Ultimately I just screw around on the private servers now. 100x faster, and I know all the glitches, hacks, and dupes for the servers. So it's easy to become top player in a day. I suggest you guys put some time into them, they are all like the original rs.

~~H4ku~~
H4ku
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by Moomah on Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:39 am
([msg=50930]see Re: RUNESCAPE!!!!![/msg])

First time using these forums... But I thought it would be best for me to post here because I'm a huge RS nerd :)

I'm a staff member of a RS clan called Arisos, and I have played RS for 3 years or so. As of this moment I am a level 97 with 99 woodcutting, and going for 99 agility. I have about 30m total xp, and I have about 15M total. Add me if you want, my user is Mooomah.
Moomah
New User
New User

Wilds Coming Back?

Post by Hash_Burnswell on Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:04 pm
([msg=51079]see Wilds Coming Back?[/msg])

24-Dec-2010 - Wilderness and Free Trade Referendum - http://services.runescape.com/m=news/wi ... referendum

I have a level 87 with 90 str 94 ranged 85 mage. If the wilds come back i may start playing again if i could find a few people to pk with. The only person i know that still plays is my mom, and she sucks at pking.. :ugeek:
Hash_Burnswell
New User
New User

Post by parakkafaith on Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:27 pm
([msg=52006]see Re: RUNESCAPE!!!!![/msg])

According to what everybody's posting here, I've got the most nerdy rs nerd account of all :P

138 combat, and all kinds of 99s. Love the game! My time is fully consumed by college and Runescape :P Pm me in game if ya play!

-parakkafaith
parakkafaith
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post by fashizzlepop on Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:22 am
([msg=52023]see Re: RUNESCAPE!!!!![/msg])

I'm not sure why we even have this thread anymore... :(
The glass is neither half-full nor half-empty; it's merely twice as big as it needs to be.
fashizzlepop
Developer
Developer

Post by Desoxena on Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:36 pm
([msg=53060]see Re: RUNESCAPE!!!!![/msg])

ZOMFG I use to play Runescape all of the time :D (though that is nothing to be proud about :? ) Oh how I loved the game, I remember when I picked up my VERY FIRST bronze skimmy ;) I even remember the very first day I played Runescape :)
Oh but how Jagex has ruined the game, by nerfing trade, and clusterf**king the whole PVP system... Jagex truly threw it all away :(
Desoxena
New User
New User

Post by McAfreak on Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:38 pm
([msg=53342]see Re: RUNESCAPE!!!!![/msg])

You DO know that free trade and the old wildy are back now, right? Jagex first held a petition-type thing, and got 1.2 million responses in less than 24 hours. They then made a referendum, and 92% voted yes. Jagex changed the way they deal with bots/gold-farmers and scammers, so they decided to reopen free trade. The wildy was just an added bonus to that.

Although, I do think there are too many stupid people playing who get scammed ALL THE TIME now. The number of noobs asking for money has also gone up dramatically. Either way, the game has greatly improved.

Jagex COULD have just removed the trade system entirely. It was only a few lines of code. They originally removed free trade because of all the scammers and gold-farmers, and the current system was not working for dealing with them.

They've also added a lot of new features since last year. Dungeoneering is a new Non-member skill, and it's OK. I prefer other things to it. Revenants are finally gone from the wilderness, too.
Murphy's Law: There is always one more bug.
McAfreak
New User
New User

Post by parakkafaith on Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:43 am
([msg=53529]see Re: RUNESCAPE!!!!![/msg])

McAfreak wrote:Jagex COULD have just removed the trade system entirely. It was only a few lines of code.

Source?
parakkafaith
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post by McAfreak on Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:20 am
([msg=55422]see Re: RUNESCAPE!!!!![/msg])

parakkafaith wrote:
McAfreak wrote:Jagex COULD have just removed the trade system entirely. It was only a few lines of code.
<br><br>Source?

Andrew Gower said it himself when Jagex was flooded with complaints about limiting trade. He was pretty pissed and said he would do it if complaints continued. I'd have to do some digging to find that article, as it was a few years ago.
McAfreak
New User
New User

Post by miss_neus on Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:55 pm
([msg=56533]see Re: RUNESCAPE!!!!![/msg])

fashizzlepop wrote:I'm not sure why we even have this thread anymore... :(

You must realise by now, regardless of what form it takes, you cannot truly kill Runescape...

This game was probably one of the first MMORPG's I got really addicted to.

Back in the day when Zezima and Bluerose were up there and everything was 2 dimensional and beautiful. I remember beating the green dragon and getting my rune plate. My character was around 85 back then and pure melee, I was able to beat lvl 110's when you were able to duel people wherever you wanted, the trick was to switch to strength on your attack swings and defensive on the other players attack swing.

I did actually resurrect my account a few months ago just for the heck of it.
miss_neus
New User
New User

PreviousNext

Return to Gaming