Public transport smart card system

The fear of every surveillance society: citizens protecting their own privacy with strong cryptography

Re: Public transport smart card system

Post by fashizzlepop on Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:25 pm
([msg=50180]see Re: Public transport smart card system[/msg])

Monica wrote:I understand that some of my posts may make you upset.

You sure as hell got that right.
The glass is neither half-full nor half-empty; it's merely twice as big as it needs to be.
fashizzlepop
Developer
Developer

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by fabianhjr on Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:44 pm
([msg=50184]see Re: Public transport smart card system[/msg])

It remembers me to the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxp1AqWleT4
Donate bitcoins to me! [1DhRP3hHgmSLQdRTZyT8VPTmzAj7Z2rsGA]
Dunno what bitcoins are? BitcoinMe
fabianhjr
Poster
Poster

Post by fishtits on Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:04 pm
([msg=50246]see Re: Public transport smart card system[/msg])

fashizzlepop wrote:Good thing too, I'd be in jail so fast, it's not even funny.

If the day comes, I'm pretty sure we'll be able to encrypt our thoughts so even if they can decrypt them, they wont be able to use them as evidence in court cuz only we truly know what our thoughts mean. I hear most people have an internal dialogue as in they talk to themselves in English in their heads. That would make things a lot easier for thought police so that'd be one habit to get rid of.

I tried the stripped down circuitry on the bus and it works fine. Its in good condition though, the one I found in my back pocket isn't so I'm gonna try that next. One or two of the conducting strips on the coil (I'm assuming thats what those strips on the perimiter of the card are) are broken so the scanner won't be able to induce maximum current in it. I doubt it'll work cuz these things are probably built to work on a specific amperage so if it doesn't work I'm gonna try to repair the coil with conducting paint.

I just send an email to the manufacturer to see what they tell me. If the person on that gets the email is a scientific type, I'll probably get an informative reply.

-- Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:50 pm --

Haven't had time to experiment with this lately but I tried scanning a RFID tag that had a couple of breaks in the circuitry and as expected the scanner didn't read it at all. Now I'm gonna see if I can repair the circuit with a pencil. Graphite is a decent conductor so this will get current flowing again but the current will be a lot weaker.
fishtits
New User
New User

Post by outsiderxen123 on Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:59 am
([msg=52824]see Re: Public transport smart card system[/msg])

i think this web site provide the gist of it, although the person who was sued by the boston subway system, its quite a story :geek:
tech.mit.edu/V128/N30/subway/Defcon_Presentation.pdf
outsiderxen123
New User
New User

Previous

Return to Crypto