Tracking who's viewing my profile on FB

Bad threads go here

Tracking who's viewing my profile on FB

Post by Limbajoe on Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:29 am
([msg=50037]see Tracking who's viewing my profile on FB[/msg])

Hey guys. I hope I put this in the right sub-forum.

I'm desperate right now. I'm having some problems with stalkers and I need to know who's viewing my profile on FB. I contacted the Facebook administration and they say the only way to do this is if the police says it's serious enough, which they don't think.
I know I might potentially be asking for something illegal, but I know most hackers are also against censure and this censure might be harmful to my person is so many ways right now.

Are there any legal workarounds, or can you PM/email me some hints?

And do you know if http://www.unfaced.com is a scam or if it even works, any longer?

and PS.: I know I could erase my profile, but it doesn't matter. I don't mind that people stare at me, but at the present moment I just need to know if they do.

Oh, and PPS: I'm not a master hacker, I'm still struggling with the last of the basic missions. :)

Thanks in advance.

- M
Limbajoe
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Tracking who's viewing my profile on FB

Post by Goatboy on Sun Dec 05, 2010 4:56 pm
([msg=50053]see Re: Tracking who's viewing my profile on FB[/msg])

That's not really censorship (I think that's what you meant instead of censure). I don't know of any way to tell, nor any working exploits, nor is anyone here going to attempt to break into Facebook for you.

If you don't like people looking at you, you can use the built-in privacy options to restrict access.
Assume that everything I say is or could be a lie.
1UHQ15HqBRZFykqx7mKHpYroxanLjJcUk
Goatboy
Expert
Expert

Post by sanddbox on Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:01 pm
([msg=50054]see Re: Tracking who's viewing my profile on FB[/msg])

Uhh, I haven't heard of many hackers against censure...perhaps the word you're looking for is "censor"?

Now, honestly, I don't really see the problem. If you're having trouble with people you don't know stalking you, set your privacy settings to max. You can change your profile to a cartoon character to prevent them from seeing your face and pretend you're participating in that "stop child abuse!111" bullshit. (See also: slacktivism).

EDIT: Fuck, Goatboy beat me to the censure thing as well.

HTS User Composition:
95% Male
4.98% Female
.01% Monica
.01% Goat
sanddbox
Expert
Expert

Post by msbachman on Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:16 pm
([msg=50062]see Re: Tracking who's viewing my profile on FB[/msg])

Limbajoe wrote: I contacted the Facebook administration and they say the only way to do this is if the police says it's serious enough, which they don't think.
I know I might potentially be asking for something illegal, but

They said that to get you off their back, most likely. The police would just have ended up issuing a subpoena for records to facebook, and facebook would then be obligated to provide records they otherwise could have voluntarily. The problem is, this is too much work for cops for too little pay. Nothing would have come of it, hence, why facebook told you.

Post a link on your page that's enticing, something you'd think people would click on. This would go to a page you created somewhere to log shit, i.e. referer and IP principally.

That's about the best you can hope for in terms of what I know of.

Could be someone like me surfing to your page via openbook or a distant friend. I have a great deal of fun with strangers (presumably on facebook) on there; it's more fun to me than using it for its 'intended purpose' of racking up a friend count and keeping tabs (and having them kept) on a bunch of people I, for the most part, don't care for.

PS get off of facebook if you're concerned about stalkers. The site is built for it.

-- Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:17 pm --

Also, what happened to necessitate this thread?
"I'm going to get into your sister. I'm going to get my hands on your daughter."
~Gatito
msbachman
Contributor
Contributor

Post by fashizzlepop on Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:14 pm
([msg=50066]see Re: Tracking who's viewing my profile on FB[/msg])

msbachman wrote:They said that to get you off their back, most likely.
Probably more because they don't give out information to everybody that asks... that would be way too much for them to handle. But the biggest reason is they don't keep track of every single profile page request and from what "user" may have looked at it.
The police would just have ended up issuing a subpoena for records to facebook, and facebook would then be obligated to provide records they otherwise could have voluntarily. The problem is, this is too much work for cops for too little pay. Nothing would have come of it, hence, why facebook told you.
Still, most likely Facebook doesn't have any records regarding this. And yes, the courts aren't going to be interested in someone who looks at someones Facebook page, regardless of a retraining order, etc...

Post a link on your page that's enticing, something you'd think people would click on. This would go to a page you created somewhere to log shit, i.e. referer and IP principally.<br><br>That's about the best you can hope for in terms of what I know of.<br><br>
This isn't going to do much of anything. First of all, any "stalker" (should one even be checking your Facebook) will most likely not follow any links you post. Just sayin'. The only real chance you have is finding an XSS vuln in Facebook itself and posting a cookie stealer (highly unlikely). Logic wise, the refferer logger would be pointless unless you have the same script for multiple places, ie. Myspace, Facebook, Twitter, etc.

If you aren't willing to delete your Facebook to protect yourself, it isn't worth our time to help you out any further and it is obviously not a great threat. Knowing who visits your page is worthless information. It may only make you more paranoid. Since we don't know any more details about what happened, I say you are on a wild goose chase... a pointless, idiotic, un-informed one at that.
The glass is neither half-full nor half-empty; it's merely twice as big as it needs to be.
fashizzlepop
Developer
Developer

Post by fabianhjr on Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:35 pm
([msg=50075]see Re: Tracking who's viewing my profile on FB[/msg])

http://www.rabidgremlin.com/fbprivacy/
Then unfriend everyone and remove all useless information.
If you please add you best friends(Who you know physically and already have all the info you could provide to them)
Donate bitcoins to me! [1DhRP3hHgmSLQdRTZyT8VPTmzAj7Z2rsGA]
Dunno what bitcoins are? BitcoinMe
fabianhjr
Poster
Poster

Post by fashizzlepop on Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:46 pm
([msg=50078]see Re: Tracking who's viewing my profile on FB[/msg])

fabianhjr wrote:http://www.rabidgremlin.com/fbprivacy/
Then unfriend everyone and remove all useless information.
If you please add you best friends(Who you know physically and already have all the info you could provide to them)

The OP is obviously not interested in changing/deleting his profile. He's just curious and thinks knowing this info will be beneficial, which it won't.
The glass is neither half-full nor half-empty; it's merely twice as big as it needs to be.
fashizzlepop
Developer
Developer

Post by fabianhjr on Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:20 pm
([msg=50080]see Re: Tracking who's viewing my profile on FB[/msg])

Well, the first one allows you to know which info is public.
Then any friend has access to pretty much all the published info.

maybe you could shorten links with your own server which logs Refferer, X_FORWARDED_FOR RMT_SERV, etc. then redirects to a Youtube video or something.
fabianhjr
Poster
Poster

Post by fashizzlepop on Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:56 pm
([msg=50098]see Re: Tracking who's viewing my profile on FB[/msg])

fabianhjr wrote:maybe you could shorten links with your own server which logs Refferer, X_FORWARDED_FOR RMT_SERV, etc. then redirects to a Youtube video or something.

How is that supposed to help? What info will that give us that will be of any use at all?
fashizzlepop
Developer
Developer

Post by fabianhjr on Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:26 pm
([msg=50110]see Re: Tracking who's viewing my profile on FB[/msg])

Code: Select all
<?php
isset($_GET['r']) ? header("Location: ".$_GET['r]) : header("Location: http://google.com");
$file = fopen("log.txt", 'a');
$info = $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'];
$info .= '\n'.isset($_GET['r']) ? $_GET['r'] : "Google";
$info .= '\n\n';
fwrite($file, $info);
fclose($file);
?>

Just link everyone there. Optionally encode the destination with base64. Anyone watching your wall and potentially stalking you would pass trough the logger. You can more info if you please; read the manual.
fabianhjr
Poster
Poster

Next

Return to Graveyard