Cant we just get along

For discussing religion and related topics.

Re: Cant we just get along

Post by Nostalgiia on Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:27 pm
([msg=49820]see Re: Cant we just get along[/msg])

PinkFloyd22 wrote:I totally agree with you,its almost imposible for us to even imagine a world in peace,without wars,without greed,with love and tolerance in our hearts and minds.Most people think its imposible to change this world thinking how 1 person doesn't matter but if only people 1 by 1 started sharing love and peace the world would be in a such a better place.As for religions I respect every religion and I'm an atheist.I just don't like people using religion as an excuse for killing people,you don't have to hate someone who believes in something different,you should only care in what you believe and follow.
:)

i hate to burst your bubble pinkfloyd, but 1 person really can't make a difference, no matter what they do. if things start happening, they will be assassinated by hatred spewing gold-mongers who can't afford that "change". Until the world is ready, no one can make it change, and the world won't be ready for change until someone makes it.

also, religion is dumb, i'm mostly tolerant, at least i'd like to think so, i can respect religions when they respect others. i DESPISE christianity and catholicism for numerous reasons that i'm pretty sure i don't have to mention (i.e. hatred, greed, deceit, intolerance, etc...)

\m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/
Nostalgiia
Experienced User
Experienced User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by sanddbox on Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:16 am
([msg=49863]see Re: Cant we just get along[/msg])

Nostalgiia wrote:
PinkFloyd22 wrote:I totally agree with you,its almost imposible for us to even imagine a world in peace,without wars,without greed,with love and tolerance in our hearts and minds.Most people think its imposible to change this world thinking how 1 person doesn't matter but if only people 1 by 1 started sharing love and peace the world would be in a such a better place.As for religions I respect every religion and I'm an atheist.I just don't like people using religion as an excuse for killing people,you don't have to hate someone who believes in something different,you should only care in what you believe and follow.
:)

i hate to burst your bubble pinkfloyd, but 1 person really can't make a difference, no matter what they do.

Let me introduce you to a friend of mine...

Hint: The first result.

HTS User Composition:
95% Male
4.98% Female
.01% Monica
.01% Goat
sanddbox
Expert
Expert

Post by Goatboy on Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:52 am
([msg=49873]see Re: Cant we just get along[/msg])

sanddbox wrote:Let me introduce you to a friend of mine...

Hint: The first result.

nowai did that just happen...
Assume that everything I say is or could be a lie.
1UHQ15HqBRZFykqx7mKHpYroxanLjJcUk
Goatboy
Expert
Expert

Post by shanefreeze on Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:16 pm
([msg=49907]see Re: Cant we just get along[/msg])

Basically the way I see it is:

Once the entire human race is "intelligent" enough to realise that the difference in skin, length or religion doesn't matter, we will achieve world peace. But until then there will always be people who envy other and this will cause wars/fights whatever.

Also, most likely there will always be people who think differently and believe that their idea is the only right one and that anyone who believes anything else must get punished.
shanefreeze
New User
New User

Post by Vulpine on Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:26 pm
([msg=49910]see Re: Cant we just get along[/msg])

shanefreeze wrote:Once the entire human race is "intelligent" enough to realise that the difference in skin, length or religion doesn't matter, we will achieve world peace. But until then there will always be people who envy other and this will cause wars/fights whatever.

Since when is intelligence inversely proportionate to discrimination? There are some brilliant people in the world who could easily rub shoulders with groups like the KKK (see sanddbox's post) and there are some pretty dumb people who are more tolerant than Ghandi.

Personally, and this is probably not even close to a reasonable representation of the world, the most intelligent people I know/have met tend to discriminate more on mental characteristics rather than physical ones.
Vulpine
Poster
Poster

Post by imcrafty on Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:03 pm
([msg=49913]see Re: Cant we just get along[/msg])

mental characteristics? Like if your stupid?
imcrafty
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post by sanddbox on Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:30 pm
([msg=49920]see Re: Cant we just get along[/msg])

Vulpine wrote:
shanefreeze wrote:Once the entire human race is "intelligent" enough to realise that the difference in skin, length or religion doesn't matter, we will achieve world peace. But until then there will always be people who envy other and this will cause wars/fights whatever.

Since when is intelligence inversely proportionate to discrimination?

THIS. Thisthisthisthisthisthisohmyholyfuckinggodjesussquirrelcakesthis.

I absolutely despise that fallacy, especially when people say it in the "I feel bad for those racists because they're so ignorant and not intelligent" tone. While I have nothing against teaching non-discrimination in public education, they definitely a) focus way too much on black rights and b) push the idea way too much, to the point of censoring the "N word" in books. Ridiculous.

EDIT: Wat?! Just yesterday our pal Hitler topped the search results. I present a revised version.

-- Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:33 pm --

imcrafty wrote:mental characteristics? Like if your stupid?

Oh, the irony...

HTS User Composition:
95% Male
4.98% Female
.01% Monica
.01% Goat
sanddbox
Expert
Expert

Post by Nostalgiia on Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:40 pm
([msg=49930]see Re: Cant we just get along[/msg])

well sanddbox, i agree yet disagree with your statement. I do believe that anti-discrimination should be taught, but i also believe that its been pushed so much that we've grown into a world of double standards. I am a firm believer in equality and don't think people should walk around dropping the n word to be offensive, but i also don't think that it should be censored from historical texts, because it was part of our history. Political correctness has become so great a supplement to our vocabulary, that we lose sight of almost everything else in order strive that which is deemed politically correct by the seemingly bureaucratical leaders of minority groups (not minority as in race/religion/etc... minority as in minority populationwise). one person is offended and everyone must adjust their actions and vocabulary in accordance to there decree.

\m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/
Nostalgiia
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post by fabianhjr on Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:46 pm
([msg=49932]see Re: Cant we just get along[/msg])

Actually, everyone should watch Caprica.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_JyWg5M5uU
It is very insightful, specially the ending.
Spoiler: It is epic!
Donate bitcoins to me! [1DhRP3hHgmSLQdRTZyT8VPTmzAj7Z2rsGA]
Dunno what bitcoins are? BitcoinMe
fabianhjr
Poster
Poster

Post by insomaniacal on Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:55 pm
([msg=49935]see Re: Cant we just get along[/msg])

Political Correctness is retarded to the point where teachers aren't allow to called someone who is mentally retarded-mentally retarded(When talking about Genetic Disease). Some schools have banned people reading classic literature on the grounds of use of the word "nigger". Calling someone "fat" is grounds for disciplinary action.

Theres no need for being a total cunt, but Political correctness really irks me, especially it's double edged blade. God forbid someone call an obscure area of Sub-Saharan Africa undeveloped or backwards in a history textbook, but yea, Scandinavians were brutes who liked to kill stuff and burn it. And don't even get me started on the middle east... It's practically become a crime to call a terrorist an Arab.

Gah.
It's not who votes that counts, it's who counts the votes
insomaniacal.blog.com
insomaniacal
Addict
Addict

PreviousNext

Return to Religion