Make your website appear when someone navigates to a website

Discuss the many weaknesses of browser security and ways to mitigate the threat

Make your website appear when someone navigates to a website

Post by escoth on Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:13 am
([msg=49800]see Make your website appear when someone navigates to a website[/msg])

It was just a simple thing. For example, if i edited the hotmail login page(and stored it locally) so that when you enter your information in to form the e-mail and password was e-mailed to me(or stored on a local file etc.) how could i make it so when the user navigated to the hotmail login page(or any other page) it showed my fake page but normal signs stayed the same such as url doesn't change to a local address?

thanks,
escoth
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Make your website appear when someone navigates to a website

Post by Draymire on Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:53 am
([msg=49809]see Re: Make your website appear when someone navigates to a website[/msg])

That would be phishing and is generally not supported by anyone here.
Baba Ram Dass "The quieter you become, the more you can hear"
Draymire
Poster
Poster

Post by fabianhjr on Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:30 pm
([msg=49816]see Re: Make your website appear when someone navigates to a website[/msg])

Phising is illegal. Read tough, you can find plenty of information about it online.
Donate bitcoins to me! [1DhRP3hHgmSLQdRTZyT8VPTmzAj7Z2rsGA]
Dunno what bitcoins are? BitcoinMe
fabianhjr
Poster
Poster

Post by 1amW1z4rd on Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:09 pm
([msg=49819]see Re: Make your website appear when someone navigates to a website[/msg])

I've used things like this on my local LAN as a prank with some friends, NEVER do this to someone that you wouldn't mind doing it to you!!!

I had two options when I did it. You need to use a MITM of some sort. I used ettercap as it's such a great tool. You can either lie about the DNS (what IP address the host is at) or, lie about the ARP (or some other similar MITM) which tells the computer that the way to route the packets to get to the desired IP is through your computer (your MAC address).

Do no evil, blah blah blah.
1amW1z4rd
New User
New User

Post by sanddbox on Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:18 am
([msg=49864]see Re: Make your website appear when someone navigates to a website[/msg])

Ignoring the obvious illegal intentions, it really depends on your access to the victim. If you have direct access, editing the hosts file would be optimal.

HTS User Composition:
95% Male
4.98% Female
.01% Monica
.01% Goat
sanddbox
Expert
Expert

Post by Monica on Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:09 am
([msg=49870]see Re: Make your website appear when someone navigates to a website[/msg])

escoth wrote:It was just a simple thing. For example, if i edited the hotmail login page(and stored it locally) so that when you enter your information in to form the e-mail and password was e-mailed to me(or stored on a local file etc.) how could i make it so when the user navigated to the hotmail login page(or any other page) it showed my fake page but normal signs stayed the same such as url doesn't change to a local address?

thanks,

You're clearly hacking.
hi am new so plz dont troll me or i report 2 the HTS mods ty
Monica
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Goatboy on Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:42 am
([msg=49871]see Re: Make your website appear when someone navigates to a website[/msg])

Monica wrote:You're clearly hacking.

You're clearly only posting to make it appear as if you are active on the forums.
Assume that everything I say is or could be a lie.
1UHQ15HqBRZFykqx7mKHpYroxanLjJcUk
Goatboy
Expert
Expert

Post by Monica on Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:49 am
([msg=49879]see Re: Make your website appear when someone navigates to a website[/msg])

I was upset when I realized I've been inactive. Now I'm upset that you revealed my intention of being on the forum today.
hi am new so plz dont troll me or i report 2 the HTS mods ty
Monica
Contributor
Contributor

Post by msbachman on Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:20 am
([msg=49881]see Re: Make your website appear when someone navigates to a website[/msg])

escoth wrote:It was just a simple thing. For example, if i edited the hotmail login page(and stored it locally) so that when you enter your information in to form the e-mail and password was e-mailed to me(or stored on a local file etc.)

The most difficult part of this is going to be getting them to navigate to the 'login' page and think it's legitimate. Other than that, it's easily done.

how could i make it so when the user navigated to the hotmail login page(or any other page) it showed my fake page but normal signs stayed the same such as url doesn't change to a local address?

No, you can't do that. Besides, there's a reasonable chance the person won't check. Just make sure that the page looks legitimate for starters. A slight extra step might be taking the login credentials and after logging/emailing them, redirecting them through the actual site via POSTing the same info you logged. That way, it's continuous; people will be less likely to wonder what the heck happened.

Ideally you could seek a domain name similar to the one you're trying to impersonate; however, having the identical one isn't possible unless you can find some way to intervene in DNS or something. I don't know much about how that's done.

Of course, if this is with some unknowing third party, it's illegal and beyond the realm of getting help here.
"I'm going to get into your sister. I'm going to get my hands on your daughter."
~Gatito
msbachman
Contributor
Contributor

Post by fabianhjr on Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:13 pm
([msg=49893]see Re: Make your website appear when someone navigates to a website[/msg])

There is a recent paper on tabnapping. This method uses javascript so you have a legitimate page and then a fake one.
http://www.azarask.in/blog/post/a-new-type-of-phishing-attack/

At least I think it is recent 0_o
Donate bitcoins to me! [1DhRP3hHgmSLQdRTZyT8VPTmzAj7Z2rsGA]
Dunno what bitcoins are? BitcoinMe
fabianhjr
Poster
Poster

Return to Web