favico... stored somewhere??

Data that travels over the air and how to protect (or decipher) it

favico... stored somewhere??

Post by Krack-Nob on Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:19 am
([msg=49290]see favico... stored somewhere??[/msg])

A friend (yeah lets call it that :D) was running a website whit a favico (favicon?? im not sure lol) but then he didnt wanted to continue updating the dam website... fine so i build an other website whit almost the same features [the ones i remember the site had] but now that i want to get the old favicon, which is kinda lame but still useful, theres no src code or url to get it from.

i've been using both browsers, firefox and opera, in firefox the deadsite appears to be complety dead to me, nothing on it but an "INDEX OF/" message.
in opera is almost dead, the favico is still there! my question is, is it stored on a hidden folder around my computer? or is it on the web?? where to find it?

my "friend" got mad cuz i am a noob and he is an actual web developer and i told him that he dosnt know how to do his job... didnt mean to, but he got me wrong... the dead site is this one.
Krack-Nob
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: favico... stored somewhere??

Post by fashizzlepop on Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:57 am
([msg=49292]see Re: favico... stored somewhere??[/msg])

website.com/favicon.ico
The glass is neither half-full nor half-empty; it's merely twice as big as it needs to be.
fashizzlepop
Developer
Developer

Post by Krack-Nob on Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:04 pm
([msg=49331]see Re: favico... stored somewhere??[/msg])

... didnt thought about that thnx...

but its the same... firefox dosnt find it and opera does (both have the index of/ message). it must be around my computer somewhere.
Krack-Nob
New User
New User

Post by fashizzlepop on Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:08 pm
([msg=49333]see Re: favico... stored somewhere??[/msg])

What do you mean "doesn't find it?" And if Opera DOES than why are you still looking?
The glass is neither half-full nor half-empty; it's merely twice as big as it needs to be.
fashizzlepop
Developer
Developer

Return to Networking