on a mission....not one of HTS' 'missions'...

Dedicated to "idiots" right here on HTS! Please give them a "thanks" for free LULZ. However, please keep the flaming to yourselves!
Forum rules
Content must be appropriate. Keep the flaming to yourselves! For LULZ purposes only.

on a mission....not one of HTS' 'missions'...

Post by arcticbunny on Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:59 am
([msg=49021]see on a mission....not one of HTS' 'missions'...[/msg])

<i>hello....

i have joined this site with a very specific problem in mind that i am committed to solving for myself....

i have almost NO experience with hacking, coding language (other than very very basic HTML), but i have a need to learn a particular skill in order to solve said problem....

now....if i have to, i will drop into this site and immerse myself in the entire slog as best as i can, with my very limited capacity for technical jargon, and learnlearnlearn until i get to what i am looking for to do what i need to do....

or...

some kind-hearted soul can give me some help in this one small thing, for which i would be eternally grateful, both for help solving said problem, and also for saving me a lot of time and effort that would be, to me, pouring even more energy into said problem....

and if there is some service i am capable of performing in exchange for that help, no one could commit to working harder to be of help etc to those willing to help me...

the skill i am specifically in need of is being able to identify someone's ip address from within a chatroom...

i have no wish to use this skill to in anyway harm or track anyone down...in fact, if i can find someone to help me that would be willing to do the sniffing for me, being given the actual address is not even necessary....

i just need to have it compared against several chat handles to confirm or deny that they are all one and the same person....

i know i know...*hand up against the eye rolls and sighs*...please understand, i would not ask, were my very real life not potentially really affected by this vt person, in that there is now talk after 2 years of committed interaction here online, to my moving halfway across the country to take the relationship to the next level in rt....

i suspect there is double dealing occurring here, but could be wrong....i need to know for sure before i can make any decisions about where to go from here....

help, suggestions?....please touch me privately to discuss particulars...
arcticbunny
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: on a mission....not one of HTS' 'missions'...

Post by tremor77 on Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:26 pm
([msg=49022]see Re: on a mission....not one of HTS' 'missions'...[/msg])

L M F A O - U FAIL - But before I completely tell you to get a life...

1 - Problem: Getting an IP Address From a Chat Room --- You give no details on the chat room. There are a bazillion different types of chat rooms on the internet using a metric fuck-ton of different software and protocols.... so due to the utter vagueness of your post... go jump off a bridge please.

2. "to my moving halfway across the country to take the relationship to the next level.." - Don't even consider this until you've met and had atleast 6 IRL dates. Trust Me! I was in a LDR w/ someone from the web for 6 years... we still talk, we are still great friends... but in the end we determined our lives were not headed in the same direction.

3. The utter sadness of your story makes me want to gouge my eyes out with a rusty spoon...

4. Your last line "please touch me privately" - wtfpancake? please... go impale yourself on a traffic cone anally.

5. "i just need to have it compared against several chat handles to confirm or deny that they are all one and the same person" - why don't you do a little investigation yourself, and get yourself a few new handles.. and strike up some conversation.. here in the hacker world we call that... social engineering.. kind of.. except, for in your case it's super lame.

6. If you feel you need to do this... then, most humans have this thing.. called instinct.. and if your story isn't 100% pure bullshit.. then, apparently you've lost human instincts and/or that thing we call a gut feeling... if you have to even consider what you are considering.. then its a FAIL.. so please... slit your wrists with a plastic butter knife and save yourself from a pathetic existence.

== Umm.. am I being a cyber bully right now? ftw... don't mean to, I just think this post is either A- ban worthy or B- this person really needs a life.
tremor77
Contributor
Contributor

Post by arcticbunny on Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:32 pm
([msg=49023]see Re: on a mission....not one of HTS' 'missions'...[/msg])

ok, wow....

yeah....pretty harsh....

thanks for sticking pins...

all that time just to rake me over the coals for asking for help...

who needs to get a life?
arcticbunny
New User
New User

Post by tremor77 on Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:01 pm
([msg=49026]see Re: on a mission....not one of HTS' 'missions'...[/msg])

all that time.. lol I spent about 2 minutes on that post... most of it.. coming up with creative ways for you to kill yourself. But yes.. harsh.. truly think about your situation... you NEED harsh. oh.. and if i may inquire... please answer #1 - what chatroom/type of chatroom.. just out of curiosity...
tremor77
Contributor
Contributor

Post by kujinR on Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:06 pm
([msg=49027]see Re: on a mission....not one of HTS' 'missions'...[/msg])

Wow, that was pretty harsh. But, I'm with Tremor on this one. That is pretty lame and is most probably just utter bullshit. But if it's not bullshit, you really need to think about your situation. Again and again and again.

Moving halfway across the country for someone you haven't met IRL is just, well, stupid. Take Tremor's advice(no, not the 'kill yourself' ones), do some investigating yourself and MEET HER IN REAL LIFE first. I cannot stress the importance of that enough.

And next time, Google for "How to obtain an IP address" not "How to become a l337 h4x0r". You would have ended much closer to what you were looking for than asking here.
"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt."
"red = changed"
kujinR
Poster
Poster

Post by arcticbunny on Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:31 pm
([msg=49033]see Re: on a mission....not one of HTS' 'missions'...[/msg])

think i am not aware that this is some lame shit?....*huge eye roll*...hence my deep desire to just know for sure before i even commit to the first meet, let alone engage in serious talk of a move...

as for intuition, all well and good, but suppose i am wrong in my suspicions and i can this thing over being unnecessarily paranoid?

i just want a definitive yes or no to the question...

if i am being lied to and played here, then, far as i am concerned, i am done and happy to wiggle out of the situation and go get that life it is assumed i lack....

now...in the spirit of getting that life, here is what i am going to do...

there is a private messages system on this forum....

i have already aired more than i was comfortable with publically in order to find the help i hope to find...

should someone have an interest, it could be considered an outside 'challenge' to their skills, just for the sake of the practice....

meanwhile, i'll not be responding to any more public flaming or commentary on the worthlessness of my existence...

if there is a sincere and genuine interest in lending me the aid i have requested, please refer it to private messaging....

and y'all have a lovely day and best of luck finding new bunnies to chew on....
arcticbunny
New User
New User

Post by neuromanta on Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:32 pm
([msg=49034]see Re: on a mission....not one of HTS' 'missions'...[/msg])

Well, you're screwed... but you can only blame yourself. Did you really travel that much to meet a person you met virtually? Well, at least you gave her a good day, she must have laughed her head off (assuming that she really is a girl...).
Don't investigate her IP address, just forget it, and try to get a girlfriend IRL... you know, you see a pretty girl, you go to her, talk with her, things like that... don't be a nerd... or if you are, then get the technical skills that a real nerd has, and forget about getting a girlfriend altogether.
neuromanta
Poster
Poster

Post by kujinR on Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:08 pm
([msg=49035]see Re: on a mission....not one of HTS' 'missions'...[/msg])

First of all, I was not really flaming, just telling you as it is. Second, you said knowing this information would affect your life in the sense that you were gonna move your ass across the country. Third, you never said anything about meeting her first before deciding. Nothing can be more wrong than that, not even Monica's mantitties. Meet her first, then decide. Then you won't even need all this IP bullshit coz you'd already have known the truth.

Anyway, this thread is becoming too mushy, we're a tech forum not a date site.

Alternatively(I feel like I need to talk about something else coz all the mushy is really throwing me off), you can invite her on MSN and Google "How to obtain IP address on MSN". Seems there's tons of info about it on the net, which should make it easier for you.

Naogoaway.
"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt."
"red = changed"
kujinR
Poster
Poster

Post by Goatboy on Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:16 pm
([msg=49036]see Re: on a mission....not one of HTS' 'missions'...[/msg])

Let's give him a fighting chance.

Give us one good, solid reason why we should help you. Tell us why you deserve it, why you are special, different from all the other people coming in here asking similar things. Tell us why we, who have spent years of our lives learning, should help someone who can't be bothered to learn anything. Please, enlighten us.
Assume that everything I say is or could be a lie.
1UHQ15HqBRZFykqx7mKHpYroxanLjJcUk
Goatboy
Expert
Expert

Post by tremor77 on Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:26 pm
([msg=49037]see Re: on a mission....not one of HTS' 'missions'...[/msg])

I'd use a website... be like.. hey baby, check out my new pics... www.somepage.com/mypics/hot.php and log the IP hit. If NO IP hit, then you know she got no interest in you whatsoever. If you do get a hit.. well there is your IP. Then!!! On those other screenies.. you can do the same thing... and compare your IP hits! Voila! my hypersuperingeniusness (not a real word) wins again.
tremor77
Contributor
Contributor

Next

Return to Idiots' Corner