I want to learn - I have learned  Topic is solved

A place where newbies can post without (much) fear of reprisal. All mission posts should still go in the applicable forum.
Forum rules
Older HTS users: Be nice to the new people.

NEW USERS: This is NOT the place to post about missions! Refer to "Missions" category.

Re: I want to learn - I have learned

Post by ChemicalBurner on Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:44 am
([msg=48685]see Re: I want to learn - I have learned[/msg])

I did some reading, and have found some sources that say that Java is not a good first language and some that say it is. Which makes me think that it's merely a matter of opinion. Though Python might be easier for getting the meaning behind what is written in code, Java won't kill you if it is learned first. Now, we'll see what I have to say about this once I go on to learn something like C.

I think I might focus on PHP as a sort of secondary area of study, simply because I don't know too much about it and it is used so widely across the internet. Maybe thereafter I'll write an article on the mindset and thinking required to us PHP and submit it on the site if it isn't total rubbish.
ChemicalBurner
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by cruisegirl713 on Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:05 am
([msg=50519]see Re: I want to learn - I have learned[/msg])

I want to learn how to get the password to a hotmail account.
cruisegirl713
New User
New User

Post by fashizzlepop on Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:19 pm
([msg=50590]see Re: I want to learn - I have learned[/msg])

cruisegirl713 wrote:I want to learn how to get the password to a hotmail account.

LOL... Good luck, and GTFO.
The glass is neither half-full nor half-empty; it's merely twice as big as it needs to be.
fashizzlepop
Developer
Developer

Post by Jake-X on Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:16 pm
([msg=50642]see Re: I want to learn - I have learned[/msg])

I want to become knowledgeable of hacking topics in general. Before I become an expert in any language, program, or OS, I want to learn what all the acronyms mean, what the things they stand for actually do, etc. Then I'll decide what I want to master first. (I've already chosen a few.)

I want to learn C#.

I want to become an expert at using the command prompt.
Jake-X
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post by minivenom on Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:14 am
([msg=50922]see Re: I want to learn - I have learned[/msg])

Having almost none programing knowledge (only know HTML and basic Javascript), i think i'll give it a shot and use my Christmas Holidays to learn Python as much as i can. From what i can see, Python is a quite simple language and easy to learn. :D
minivenom
New User
New User

Post by neuromanta on Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:07 am
([msg=50924]see Re: I want to learn - I have learned[/msg])

Jake-X wrote:I want to become knowledgeable of hacking topics in general. Before I become an expert in any language, program, or OS, I want to learn what all the acronyms mean, what the things they stand for actually do, etc. Then I'll decide what I want to master first. (I've already chosen a few.)

I want to learn C#.

I want to become an expert at using the command prompt.

I wouldn't suggest learning C#. If you want to learn about various topics, you should stick to open platforms, because if you learn something like C#, which only works well in the windows environment, then if you want to move on with learning, you'll bump into walls. Of course you can learn things on the windows platform, and you can become an expert of it (although most hackers don't like because of it's "closedness"), but first you should begin with multiplatform languages (python is a good choice for starters), and you should get familiar with Unix-like OS-es (like Linux or BSD).
Learning the command line interface is a good idea, as long as you don't speak about the DOS prompt :). Of course, if you want to be a windows expert, you can operate there using a CLI too, with PowerShell. But I'd suggest you first learn something less restricting, like Bash.
neuromanta
Poster
Poster

Post by tgoe on Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:42 pm
([msg=50952]see Re: I want to learn - I have learned[/msg])

I agree with you 99%, neuromanta. The C# language itself doesn't seem that bad but the gripe --as I understand it-- is all framework related. Bash is a turd though; tab completion, vi emulation, speed and lack of floating point numbers is all wrong. ksh is the way to go!
tgoe
Contributor
Contributor

Post by fashizzlepop on Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:46 pm
([msg=50963]see Re: I want to learn - I have learned[/msg])

Perl
The glass is neither half-full nor half-empty; it's merely twice as big as it needs to be.
fashizzlepop
Developer
Developer

Post by neuromanta on Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:59 am
([msg=50968]see Re: I want to learn - I have learned[/msg])

tgoe wrote:I agree with you 99%, neuromanta. The C# language itself doesn't seem that bad but the gripe --as I understand it-- is all framework related. Bash is a turd though; tab completion, vi emulation, speed and lack of floating point numbers is all wrong. ksh is the way to go!

Yes, bash has it's shortcomings, but it's good to know it nevertheless, because it's used by many people.
neuromanta
Poster
Poster

Post by Koal0r on Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:22 am
([msg=50978]see Re: I want to learn - I have learned[/msg])

I would like to learn everything i can about coding. :)
But exept fot xhtml and a bit php i'm still a newb.
Koal0r
New User
New User

PreviousNext

Return to NZone