Stego 15

Find what's hiding in plain sight

Re: Stego 15

Post by Strobeflux on Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:24 am
([msg=48579]see Re: Stego 15[/msg])

I gotta say that im completely stuck on this one.
No matter what I try, I end up with garbage. and ive tried lots of things =(

A little nudge in the right direction would make strobey a happy panda!
Strobeflux
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by DrakierD on Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:36 am
([msg=48580]see Re: Stego 15[/msg])

Strobeflux wrote:I gotta say that im completely stuck on this one.
No matter what I try, I end up with garbage. and ive tried lots of things =(

A little nudge in the right direction would make strobey a happy panda!

Agreed. I have been stuck on this one for quite a while. I'm starting to wonder how people actually completed it, or if the few people who have completed it did so by some external assistance that they are not sharing with the rest of the class. I could definitely use a slight nudge into the proper direction as everything I have checked (which has been a LOT of stuff) have all come up the same as you.... garbage.
DrakierD
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post by Strobeflux on Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:28 am
([msg=48586]see Re: Stego 15[/msg])

Today i ended up scanning for members who completed the challenge to see if there was a common thread. (like if they where coders, graphicians or any other expertise) or similiar to use that as a guideline. Thats when i realized how desperate i was starting to get.

Edit: 4 of the members who completed this is in the Top 150 page. just a random notice.
Strobeflux
New User
New User

Post by Defience on Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:59 pm
([msg=48588]see Re: Stego 15[/msg])

Strobeflux wrote:Today i ended up scanning for members who completed the challenge to see if there was a common thread. (like if they where coders, graphicians or any other expertise) or similiar to use that as a guideline. Thats when i realized how desperate i was starting to get.

Edit: 4 of the members who completed this is in the Top 150 page. just a random notice.

Coding was key for me in this one.
Defience
Addict
Addict

Post by Strobeflux on Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:14 am
([msg=48693]see Re: Stego 15[/msg])

Ive made tons of programming for this one! =D ,
However, one of the solutions i have seems to be a rather likely one, because it kind of fits how the file is structured.
but no matter how i twist this specific idea i get nothing else than garbage, so now im kind of stuck in this specific
thought of how this must work. Can i send you a PM (Defience) with what this specific idea of mine is, and then you can tell
me if im completely off or not? Its actually kind of 2 ideas, its two very specific conditions that ive found so far that makes
them interesting for me.
Strobeflux
New User
New User

Post by Defience on Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:38 pm
([msg=48775]see Re: Stego 15[/msg])

Strobeflux wrote:Ive made tons of programming for this one! =D ,
However, one of the solutions i have seems to be a rather likely one, because it kind of fits how the file is structured.
but no matter how i twist this specific idea i get nothing else than garbage, so now im kind of stuck in this specific
thought of how this must work. Can i send you a PM (Defience) with what this specific idea of mine is, and then you can tell
me if im completely off or not? Its actually kind of 2 ideas, its two very specific conditions that ive found so far that makes
them interesting for me.

Sure
Defience
Addict
Addict

Post by OnlyHuman on Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:04 am
([msg=49359]see Re: Stego 15[/msg])

I'm not sure if this will come across as a spoiler or not. So, if it does, just let me know, I won't have a problem editing it myself. Getting to the point though, I seem to be in a position with this image, where the most logical conclusion is to bruteforce an encryption key. I'm wondering however, is this completely off the mark, or am I getting close to a solution with this idea? And if so, will there be clues as to at least the length of the key hidden anywhere else within the image? Thanks in advance.
OnlyHuman
Poster
Poster

Post by kijibwa on Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:55 am
([msg=55243]see Re: Stego 15[/msg])

I believe i am either quite close or have driven myself insane.
So as to know whether to continue on this path,
may I PM someone with what i have ?
kijibwa
New User
New User

Post by Arty251 on Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:56 pm
([msg=65759]see Re: Stego 15[/msg])

I assume none of the few who have solved this are still keeping tabs with the forum topic, much to my (and it seems, everyone else's) dismay. I've been analyzing this image in many different ways, but don't see anything odd beyond the utter lack of one value in any of the three color values (RGB) and the heightened presence of another value in 1/3 of the color values. Studying these and replacing bytes has given me nothing, however, and I am at a loss to whether this avenue is even worth pursuing. In the off-chance that a user who has successfully completed this mission sees this message, is there any insight or specific topics that would help crack this challenge?

Apologies if something in here is too revealing, but without the solution at hand, I have clue what's just pointless information and what may be considered a spoiler.
Arty251
New User
New User

Post by Yuji1 on Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:52 am
([msg=67500]see Re: Stego 15[/msg])

Arty251 wrote:I assume none of the few who have solved this are still keeping tabs with the forum topic, much to my (and it seems, everyone else's) dismay. I've been analyzing this image in many different ways, but don't see anything odd beyond the utter lack of one value in any of the three color values (RGB) and the heightened presence of another value in 1/3 of the color values. Studying these and replacing bytes has given me nothing, however, and I am at a loss to whether this avenue is even worth pursuing. In the off-chance that a user who has successfully completed this mission sees this message, is there any insight or specific topics that would help crack this challenge?

Apologies if something in here is too revealing, but without the solution at hand, I have clue what's just pointless information and what may be considered a spoiler.

Am I close?

I wonder if I'm even on the right track...reminds me of Programming 10. I think :no: color stands out, all by Itself.

I'm assuming part of a channel level is marked specifically to help guide?

I hope someone at least figures this challenge out or at least could point me further following that. -_-
Yuji1
New User
New User

PreviousNext

Return to Steganography