Introduce Yourself  Topic is solved

A place where newbies can post without (much) fear of reprisal. All mission posts should still go in the applicable forum.
Forum rules
Older HTS users: Be nice to the new people.

NEW USERS: This is NOT the place to post about missions! Refer to "Missions" category.

Re: Introduce Yourself

Post by fabianhjr on Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:22 pm
([msg=48598]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

WiessRecon wrote:Hiya! I'm a kinda sorta new member, I was into HTS a few years back, and my interest has been revived. I would have just used my old account, but I realized... My posts made me look like an idiot. ;) So yah.

Anyway, so just to fit in with everyone else, I'm here to learn, and hopefully not get trolled by sanddbox. Or mebbie he's changed. Dunno. :roll:

What are you serious?
How can sanddbox CHANGE?!
You will be hanged for blasphemy.
Donate bitcoins to me! [1DhRP3hHgmSLQdRTZyT8VPTmzAj7Z2rsGA]
Dunno what bitcoins are? BitcoinMe
fabianhjr
Poster
Poster

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by sanddbox on Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:12 am
([msg=48599]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

Shino336 wrote:Hiya. I'm a sorta kinda new user, I used HTS about 2 years back, and now that I understand most of the stuff that I was confused on back then, I realized that some (most) of my posts were pretty newbish. So anyway, yah, I'm a HS student, here to learn/feel empowered, and hopefully not get trolled by Sanddbox too much. Or maybe he's changed. I dunno. :roll: So yah, glad to be back. :)

Yawn. Learn what a troll really is.

HTS User Composition:
95% Male
4.98% Female
.01% Monica
.01% Goat
sanddbox
Expert
Expert

Post by neuromanta on Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:20 am
([msg=48604]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

Code: Select all
private final sandbox;

Sandbox can't be changed :D
neuromanta
Poster
Poster

Post by sanddbox on Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:25 pm
([msg=48612]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

neuromanta wrote:
private final sandbox;

Except you didn't assign it a value or variable type and used the wrong name...xD

HTS User Composition:
95% Male
4.98% Female
.01% Monica
.01% Goat
sanddbox
Expert
Expert

Post by neuromanta on Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:51 pm
([msg=48614]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

sanddbox wrote:
neuromanta wrote:
private final sandbox;

Except you didn't assign it a value or variable type and used the wrong name...xD

How do you know that I don't initialize it in a constructor or an initialization block? ;) But I really missed the type, and the name is wrong too, my bad.
neuromanta
Poster
Poster

Post by ChemicalBurner on Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:44 pm
([msg=48615]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

I'm 17
I attend an international school in Germany and am currently in search for a job.
I just recently took up Aikido and am very excited to learn about it.
I know my html in and out, as well as my css, and am currently learning about Java programming in school.
I run Linux and own a MacBook. I hate Mirco$haft.
I live by a few things: minimalism, Buddhism, and the rules of Fight Club.
My hobbies include: bass/electric/acoustic guitar, music in general, reading, technology, and longboarding (usually just for transportation)

jeffymarts (at) gmail (d0t) com

Peace
ChemicalBurner
New User
New User

Post by Crock3rs on Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:22 pm
([msg=48931]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

I laughed when all I saw from new members is, " I want to hack the crap out of this guys site! "

The name's Crµckers, I've always had a fancy for internet security, codes, and computers. I figured a community like this is the best one yet, so here I'll stay. Malicious hacking has never really been something I could pull off, though I have a respectable understanding of VB2010, Html, Working on Javascript, then C++ after that. Anyway, I'd like to take a bow, take a scout of the forum, and maybe get to know the community. :|
Crock3rs
New User
New User

Post by Nizamulmulk on Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:56 pm
([msg=49522]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

I'm 20.
I played rugby last year, broke few limbs and quit my high-school team. I was really liked that sport however. After that, i didn't do any sports.
I'm studying at university, department of mathematics and computer. I'm new in this things. Just learning C in this year, but i'm very curious about programming languages generally.
I liked this community and it seems there are too much information for digging. I can hang on a while.
Nizamulmulk
New User
New User

Post by pbjtime on Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:06 pm
([msg=49563]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

Hello all I am 23 working on getting my pre pharmacy req. done to get into pharmacy school. I have always been interested in computers and programing and figured this would be a good site to learn to do different things on with practical applications.
pbjtime
New User
New User

Post by swiftblitz on Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:21 am
([msg=49865]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

My names Brandon and im 21 years of age. I'm a student at Western for a MBA specializing in finance. I spend every waking moment learning. I'm an insomniac so that's about 18hours each day. Technically I don't have a job but I do have a basic income from various stock investments. I go through phases of intensive study into a new interest, which generally lasts several weeks, sometimes even several months. Because of this I'm an expert in nothing but I boast a basic knowledge on many topics.

Just today I came across a course designed to train "ethical hackers" - network experts who attack a security system on behalf of its owners, seeking vulnerabilities that a malicious hacker could exploit. Basically they hack a security system using the same methods as their less principled counterparts. I found a new interest.

So... I'm just here to enjoy the community and maybe get some insight into my new interest while I wait for 23GB to download. As things stand I have absolutely no knowledge about anything programmer sensitive. Until I did the basics #1 here I didn't even know about HTML but I do have an aptitude for picking things up quickly.
swiftblitz
New User
New User

PreviousNext

Return to NZone