A neat YouTube trick...

For the discussion of Perl, Python, Ruby, and PHP and other interpreted languages.

A neat YouTube trick...

Post by centip3de on Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:49 pm
([msg=48523]see A neat YouTube trick...[/msg])

I have no idea if this even belongs here, but here it must stay.

Anyways, I wouldn't call this a hack its just a cool YouTube trick, Its a way to get up near 300 views every four-six hours seeing as YouTube will ban the same i.p. as counting as a view after 300-400 views for 4-6 hours. Well now I bet you guessed how I did it, I used Python to open up a YouTube page then sleeping for 5 seconds until it is open 10 times. Then sleeping again for 30 seconds, and repeating. I have not yet released the code yet for fear that with such a new up coming noob population, some skiddie will come along and steal this and rep up his retarded video on how he is a "L33t h4(kz0r". So i'm simply explaining it and anyone with some common sense can understand it (hopefully). With hopes that i get some general feedback, and if people want I can pm the code.

1. I made my first program do;
1. Open YouTube page
2. Sleep for ~5 seconds
3. Repeats until its done so 9 times
4. Sleeps ~40 seconds
5. Opens second program

2. Second program;
1-4 Same as the first
5. Opens first program

3. Third program
An auto clicker that every five seconds initiates a "Mouse_Click" event so that the newly opened tabs will close

Notes- At first I had trouble with the while statements, making it go until it hit 10 browsers then sleeping, but then a came up with the solution noted above. I'm positive there is a simpler way to do this, but i thought it was pretty ingenious my way :D Anywho hope for some feedback, be willing to send code to people with OVER 50 posts :)

Thanks!
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning. -Rick Cook
centip3de

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: A neat YouTube trick...

Post by sanddbox on Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:39 pm
([msg=48526]see Re: A neat YouTube trick...[/msg])

A few things:
  • Do you really think it was a unique idea to make a bot to view a youtube video? Get real, son.
  • That seems quite inefficient. Won't just viewing the page increase view count? Do you really need to open it in a browser?
  • Only releasing it to people with 50+ views is stupid. Do you really care if someone uses it to get a few hundred views on their videos? Pretending you're not still one of the "new up coming noob population" is also stupid.
  • Good initiative with actually coding something, though. That's a start. +1 for that, but -1 for unwarranted elitism.

HTS User Composition:
95% Male
4.98% Female
.01% Monica
.01% Goat
sanddbox
Expert
Expert

Post by centip3de on Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:59 pm
([msg=48528]see Re: A neat YouTube trick...[/msg])

sanddbox wrote:A few things:
  • Do you really think it was a unique idea to make a bot to view a youtube video? Get real, son.
  • That seems quite inefficient. Won't just viewing the page increase view count? Do you really need to open it in a browser?
  • Only releasing it to people with 50+ views is stupid. Do you really care if someone uses it to get a few hundred views on their videos? Pretending you're not still one of the "new up coming noob population" is also stupid.
  • Good initiative with actually coding something, though. That's a start. +1 for that, but -1 for unwarranted elitism.

Well I appoligize on not impressing you, and yes that is my i guess you could call beta test. And i guess you don't but hey, i'm proud that I got my own original code down that worked, i have about 99% done of my *quote* update *quote*. And i do code extremely often, i just got excited because i figured this out on my own w/ any help. Next time i'll keep it to myself. :ugeek:

EDIT:

Oh and thanks for the help
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning. -Rick Cook
centip3de

Post by Goatboy on Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:36 am
([msg=48535]see Re: A neat YouTube trick...[/msg])

God dammit sanddbox, stop taking the thoughts out of my head.
Assume that everything I say is or could be a lie.
1UHQ15HqBRZFykqx7mKHpYroxanLjJcUk
Goatboy
Expert
Expert

Post by insomaniacal on Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:51 pm
([msg=48550]see Re: A neat YouTube trick...[/msg])

Now, implement this code into a pirated copy of an OS, put up a torrent, get 50K downloads, and have each one of those people also running the script for your video.
It's not who votes that counts, it's who counts the votes
insomaniacal.blog.com
insomaniacal
Addict
Addict

Post by Defience on Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:17 pm
([msg=48553]see Re: A neat YouTube trick...[/msg])

centip3de, I'd like to take a look at your code. I use Python and am always interested to see others methods. Isn't it a good feeling when you set out to do something and you accomplish it?
Defience
Addict
Addict

Post by centip3de on Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:01 pm
([msg=48557]see Re: A neat YouTube trick...[/msg])

insomaniacal wrote:Now, implement this code into a pirated copy of an OS, put up a torrent, get 50K downloads, and have each one of those people also running the script for your video.

Hahahahahaha your a genius :D

Defience wrote:centip3de, I'd like to take a look at your code. I use Python and am always interested to see others methods. Isn't it a good feeling when you set out to do something and you accomplish it?

Yes it is! :D And i'll send it to you post haste!
centip3de

Return to Interpreted Languages