Prank Virus With Windows, HILLARIOUS!

The ubiquitous operating system, discussion of its (many) flaws, and how to mitigate the risks of those flaws

Re: Prank Virus With Windows, HILLARIOUS!

Post by sanddbox on Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:10 am
([msg=47772]see Re: Prank Virus With Windows, HILLARIOUS![/msg])

centip3de wrote:I feel this is noob infested, but I was once in your shoes, and even though I know better, I'm going to put in my 2 cents anyway.

1.First off, A "VIRUS" Is a self-replicating and destructive code that in many cases adds its own code to the end of a program (I.E. Internet explorer) or in some cases it is a stand alone program with a false name and shortcut picture.

2. Secondly, A batch file that shutsdown and displays some message like "Hahaha you got hacked. n00b." is NOT A VIRUS!!! And it's hardly funny.

3. Third, Any "Credible" A.V. software out there will block this, immediately (counting schools, unless you live in the ghetto)

4. Fourth, if you want to make a serious virus, go learn any of the abundance of programming languages (excluding Java, php, html, so on and so forth) and learn it.

5. Please don't post more of this stuff on these boards, if feel the urge to lay out some nooby code, please go to the "NZone"

Centip3de

P.S. Sorry if this offended anyone, and also if my grammer or spelling is incorrect, I'm a bit tired :geek:

You think you're not a noob? LOLWUT? Get real, kid.

Still, I agree with most of what you said, although I've never seen an AV that blocks batch files that shutdown a computer...and I've never seen a competent programmer call HTML, Hyper Text MARKUP Language, a programming language.

HTS User Composition:
95% Male
4.98% Female
.01% Monica
.01% Goat
sanddbox
Expert
Expert

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by centip3de on Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:15 am
([msg=47774]see Re: Prank Virus With Windows, HILLARIOUS![/msg])

sanddbox wrote:
centip3de wrote:I feel this is noob infested, but I was once in your shoes, and even though I know better, I'm going to put in my 2 cents anyway.

1.First off, A "VIRUS" Is a self-replicating and destructive code that in many cases adds its own code to the end of a program (I.E. Internet explorer) or in some cases it is a stand alone program with a false name and shortcut picture.

2. Secondly, A batch file that shutsdown and displays some message like "Hahaha you got hacked. n00b." is NOT A VIRUS!!! And it's hardly funny.

3. Third, Any "Credible" A.V. software out there will block this, immediately (counting schools, unless you live in the ghetto)

4. Fourth, if you want to make a serious virus, go learn any of the abundance of programming languages (excluding Java, php, html, so on and so forth) and learn it.

5. Please don't post more of this stuff on these boards, if feel the urge to lay out some nooby code, please go to the "NZone"

Centip3de

P.S. Sorry if this offended anyone, and also if my grammer or spelling is incorrect, I'm a bit tired :geek:

Still, I agree with most of what you said, although I've never seen an AV that blocks batch files that shutdown a computer...and I've never seen a competent programmer call HTML, Hyper Text MARKUP Language, a programming language.

I know I'm still an uber-noob, but compared to some of the people that posted on this thread, I'm freaking Goatboy. Anywho, I only said that because of some of those noobs that are worse than me (I know, hard to believe) .

-- Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:17 pm --

centip3de wrote:
sanddbox wrote:

Centip3de

I know I'm still an uber-noob, but compared to some of the people that posted on this thread, I'm freaking Goatboy. Anywho, I only said that because of some of those noobs that are worse than me (I know, hard to believe) .

**EDIT

Oh and I have no idea if we count Norton as an AV around here, but it blocks just about everything, I was debugging my program in python and it decided that it was malicious software and that was the last I ever saw of my server.... Stupid Sonar >.>
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning. -Rick Cook
centip3de

Post by fashizzlepop on Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:28 am
([msg=47776]see Re: Prank Virus With Windows, HILLARIOUS![/msg])

Norton is AV but it wouldn't block Batch.
The glass is neither half-full nor half-empty; it's merely twice as big as it needs to be.
fashizzlepop
Developer
Developer

Post by sanddbox on Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:00 am
([msg=47790]see Re: Prank Virus With Windows, HILLARIOUS![/msg])

Batch files are virtually equivalent to typing in command prompt. Norton doesn't block command prompt.

HTS User Composition:
95% Male
4.98% Female
.01% Monica
.01% Goat
sanddbox
Expert
Expert

Post by centip3de on Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:03 pm
([msg=47806]see Re: Prank Virus With Windows, HILLARIOUS![/msg])

sanddbox wrote:Batch files are virtually equivalent to typing in command prompt. Norton doesn't block command prompt.

Huh......Well there goes my theory
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning. -Rick Cook
centip3de

Post by fashizzlepop on Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:47 pm
([msg=47829]see Re: Prank Virus With Windows, HILLARIOUS![/msg])

Yeah, that happens to theories that are poorly founded.
The glass is neither half-full nor half-empty; it's merely twice as big as it needs to be.
fashizzlepop
Developer
Developer

Post by centip3de on Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:51 pm
([msg=47837]see Re: Prank Virus With Windows, HILLARIOUS![/msg])

Unfortunetly
centip3de

Post by fashizzlepop on Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:52 pm
([msg=47855]see Re: Prank Virus With Windows, HILLARIOUS![/msg])

centip3de wrote:Unfortunetly

Actually, quite fortunately.
fashizzlepop
Developer
Developer

Post by centip3de on Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:11 pm
([msg=47857]see Re: Prank Virus With Windows, HILLARIOUS![/msg])

fashizzlepop wrote:
centip3de wrote:Unfortunetly

Actually, quite fortunately.

Meh, I gave it my best shot and didn't make it, there's not much left I can say or do, I don't see why this needs to continue.
centip3de

Post by phantom75 on Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:22 pm
([msg=47860]see Re: Prank Virus With Windows, HILLARIOUS![/msg])

This is not a virus but it is a decent prank.

Take a screen shot of someones normal desktop, and save it in a jpeg.( The easiest way to do this is to paste it into paint then just save it.) Then you want to put this picture as the background. Now, the evil part.

Right click on the desktop and select "Arrange icons by". down at the bottom of the menu there should be a button labeled, show desktop icons" you want to uncheck this selection, so the icons disappear.

Now just stand back and watch the frantic clicking commence!

There is also a way to disable the start menu, but i'm not entirely sure how to do that.
phantom75
New User
New User

PreviousNext

Return to Microsoft Windows