Stego 1

Find what's hiding in plain sight

Re: Stego 1

Post by Y4rm4 on Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:22 pm
([msg=43136]see Re: Stego 1[/msg])

It took me some time to do it... but it's finally done!!!!!! Yay!!!

As it's said, the hard part is the... treatment of the information once it's spotted.

Thanks to all these people that kept on saying that one thing was missing! Without you I wouldn't have realised I was counting badly!!! (you made me re-count and so I found out I had mistaken some keyboard-keys... ^^'). So thank you all!!!!

And... it's always the same!! there are various options, which one is the correct? The last one you try!!!! I mean, 15 tries with the thing! And if I had just started triying in a different order I might have done it at first, second... but nope! The correct was the 15th!!!!

Well, just wanting to share it!! Thank you!!!!!
Y4rm4
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by ap4ever on Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:47 pm
([msg=43362]see Re: Stego 1[/msg])

Yay finally done! This took forever, I felt pretty retarded and then figured out what I was supposed to do. The key as everyone mentioned is figuring out what to do once you find the information. I would recommend reading on stego if you are unfamiliar with it, that's what helped me, and once I figured out what I was supposed to do, it was all of 5 seconds for the answer, the hard part is figuring out what you're supposed to do with your data.
ap4ever
New User
New User

Post by teateo on Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:52 pm
([msg=47682]see Re: Stego 1[/msg])

i feel i need a different kind of hint, really feel slow learning.hhheeellllppp!!
teateo
New User
New User

Post by fashizzlepop on Sun Oct 17, 2010 3:52 pm
([msg=47687]see Re: Stego 1[/msg])

teateo wrote:i feel i need a different kind of hint, really feel slow learning.hhheeellllppp!!

What have you tried? What haven't you tried? Ask intelligent questions.
The glass is neither half-full nor half-empty; it's merely twice as big as it needs to be.
fashizzlepop
Developer
Developer

Post by teateo on Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:06 pm
([msg=47689]see Re: Stego 1[/msg])

for start all posts regarding stego 1 seem "Greek" to me.............(am i asking for spoonfeed or instructions?)
teateo
New User
New User

Post by fashizzlepop on Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:11 pm
([msg=47690]see Re: Stego 1[/msg])

Yes you are. Google should be able to help you with your Greek.
The glass is neither half-full nor half-empty; it's merely twice as big as it needs to be.
fashizzlepop
Developer
Developer

Post by Defience on Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:29 pm
([msg=47692]see Re: Stego 1[/msg])

teateo wrote:for start all posts regarding stego 1 seem "Greek" to me.............(am i asking for spoonfeed or instructions?)

You might want to try some of the other stegos first and then come back to this one.
Defience
Addict
Addict

First time on HTS

Post by prince_pangaea on Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:53 pm
([msg=49434]see First time on HTS[/msg])

i need a shrink, i havetried filling the image in with white in gimp
and i saw 2 little dots at the bottom of the image
i tried cropping the - about two pixel wide - strip out and looking at the hex - didnt ring any bells
i tried looking for something that i would think a null byte would look like (I DONT KNOW WHAT A NULL BYTE WOULD LOOK LIKE IN A HEX EDITOR)
i know in php its something like 0x00 or something or another, and i feel like it would be different in a hex editor

the way i see it if youre hunting for a wabbit and dont know what it looks like you might just try to shoot powder keg thinking its a rabbit

let me get some help please
prince_pangaea
New User
New User

Post by OleJ on Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:13 am
([msg=50392]see Re: Stego 1[/msg])

OK... I tried to find out about the null byte thing by using google, and found a picture of a clone from star wars riding a dog with no legs, hovering over ground? What the hell has that to do with null bytes anyway? It was kinda WTF?!
Anyway, gonna try to find out more... Wish me luck, and kick someones ass... Just as long as it is not my ass... Really... That is not nice...
OleJ
New User
New User

Post by cnslpsbly on Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:30 pm
([msg=51585]see Re: Stego 1[/msg])

All right... i think i found the missing bytes but i dont understand how to use that information. Also im working on a mac and i cant find a good Hex tool, i've tried some hex editors but i can't see the code in binary. I've also tried the unix function "od" without any luck. Do you have any suggestions? What programms should i use read and edit the file?

Also First post of 2011. Happy new year everyone ;)
cnslpsbly
New User
New User

PreviousNext

Return to Steganography