Introduce Yourself  Topic is solved

A place where newbies can post without (much) fear of reprisal. All mission posts should still go in the applicable forum.
Forum rules
Older HTS users: Be nice to the new people.

NEW USERS: This is NOT the place to post about missions! Refer to "Missions" category.

Re: Introduce Yourself

Post by Werevamp999 on Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:01 am
([msg=47588]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

Hi guys :) My name is Michael. I found this site 3 years ago, when I was in 6th grade, while looking for programming challenges. I decided I didn't know enough about HTMlL, PHP, and general problem solving skills to continue, so now that I have grown with experience, I have come back. I have a passion for computers, and want to have a job in the programming field in my future, hopefully getting accepted into a good school in Chicago or Boston (any suggestions?).
I enjoy parkour, computers, free running, nature, video games, and history.

By the way, sorry for the grave dig xP
Werevamp999
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by Goatboy on Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:45 pm
([msg=47600]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

Werevamp999 wrote:By the way, sorry for the grave dig xP

Two days is hardly a grave dig.
Assume that everything I say is or could be a lie.
1UHQ15HqBRZFykqx7mKHpYroxanLjJcUk
Goatboy
Expert
Expert

Re:RE: Introduce Yourself

Post by lyman1141 on Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:39 am
([msg=47630]see Re:RE: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

Hi guys and gals, Im a 27 year old guy that in his spare time is trying to learn more about computers and computer languages, I dont pick things up very fast sometimes, but I have already learned a few things through the hts series :) With time and patience I intend to learn a whole lot more! Thanks for putting a really great site like this out here for people to learn from!!!
lyman1141
New User
New User

Post by itsjake0852 on Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:28 am
([msg=47875]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

Hey whats up, my name is jake.
18 years old.
computers has been my central interest since i could remember. mainly more computer savvy than some as well. im currently in school online for CIS and trying to soak up everything and anything i can about coding, networking, hardware, software, hacking, anything i can sink my teeth into. i have no job atm. love xbox, juggling is my main hobby, like to be active friendly and laugh. :D always willing to make a new friend too.

-jake
itsjake0852
New User
New User

Post by KinOfSkadi on Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:31 am
([msg=48066]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

Hi
I'm 18
relatively new
I'm here to learn.
KinOfSkadi
New User
New User

Post by Harman-Kahlon on Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:03 am
([msg=48067]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

Hey people! I'm 21, and pretty new around here. Hoping to learn and get along with others :)
I would love to change the world, but they just wouldn't give me the source code!!
Harman-Kahlon
New User
New User

Post by Gigahertz on Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:32 pm
([msg=48559]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

Hi HTS members, I'm 25 and am close to finishing my bachelors in Computer Science. Do you think it's important to have hacking skills If I plan to be a software developer? If it's important to know, I'd rather not be ignorant about it but should I even know about this stuff in the first place? Thanks!
Gigahertz
New User
New User

Post by sanddbox on Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:14 pm
([msg=48563]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

Gigahertz wrote:Hi HTS members, I'm 25 and am close to finishing my bachelors in Computer Science. Do you think it's important to have hacking skills If I plan to be a software developer? If it's important to know, I'd rather not be ignorant about it but should I even know about this stuff in the first place? Thanks!

Honestly, it depends on the software/language(s) you are working in. However, if you've got the mindset to only learn how to hack because it will be useful for your job, you definitely have the wrong mindset. It's about gaining an understanding of systems purely for the sake of understanding them.

Anyway, since you seem set on the usefulness of it, I can guarantee an understanding of technology will be immensely helpful. We teach a lot more than hacking, you know.

HTS User Composition:
95% Male
4.98% Female
.01% Monica
.01% Goat
sanddbox
Expert
Expert

Post by M0d1t on Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:39 am
([msg=48572]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

Hello,

I am 24 and a semester out from finishing an Information Systems degree. I have taken classes in web development, programming( java, VB, C#), database management and am currently working through some Cisco networking books. I have joined this site to learn more on hacking for a collegiate competition that my school is joining for the first time this year. Hopefully I can learn something that will be useful.
M0d1t
New User
New User

Post by WiessRecon on Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:18 pm
([msg=48594]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

Hiya! I'm a kinda sorta new member, I was into HTS a few years back, and my interest has been revived. I would have just used my old account, but I realized... My posts made me look like an idiot. ;) So yah.

Anyway, so just to fit in with everyone else, I'm here to learn, and hopefully not get trolled by sanddbox. Or mebbie he's changed. Dunno. :roll:
WiessRecon
New User
New User

PreviousNext

Return to NZone