W3Schools Certificates.

W3Schools Certificates.

Post by RabbitH0le on Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:38 pm
([msg=47385]see W3Schools Certificates.[/msg])

Has anyone received certification via W3schools? If I'm looking to become certified in HTML,CSS, PHP, etc... are they the best? Or, is there another organization I should look to in order to obtain certification?
live together or die alone.
RabbitH0le
Experienced User
Experienced User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: W3Schools Certificates.

Post by fabianhjr on Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:45 pm
([msg=47390]see Re: W3Schools Certificates.[/msg])

You shouldn't really need their Cert; though they are a nice reference for beginners.
If you want to be Certified as a Web Designer then go to a collage.
If you want to be a Web Developer(PHP/MySQL) then start working on projects.
Donate bitcoins to me! [1DhRP3hHgmSLQdRTZyT8VPTmzAj7Z2rsGA]
Dunno what bitcoins are? BitcoinMe
fabianhjr
Poster
Poster

Post by Vulpine on Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:14 pm
([msg=47395]see Re: W3Schools Certificates.[/msg])

Certifications for web design would be a bit wasteful. Showing your designs will say a lot more about your knowledge and creativity.
Vulpine
Poster
Poster

Post by fabianhjr on Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:33 pm
([msg=47402]see Re: W3Schools Certificates.[/msg])

Wait no, i totally screw it up.
If you want to be a designer start designing
If you want to be a dev go to collage.
Donate bitcoins to me! [1DhRP3hHgmSLQdRTZyT8VPTmzAj7Z2rsGA]
Dunno what bitcoins are? BitcoinMe
fabianhjr
Poster
Poster

Post by RabbitH0le on Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:56 am
([msg=47430]see Re: W3Schools Certificates.[/msg])

Yeah, I would imagine that past work speaks much louder than any type of certificate. I would have gone to college for computer science, but I did not have the resources at that age. Now, I'm finishing up my Associates degree at 25, and I simply need to work to support myself. No time for more school.

I have, however, found plenty of resources including this site, W3schools, CS50.net, and plenty of others that can help me learn and eventually make some loot performing a hobby that I really enjoy. Let's hope it pans out.
live together or die alone.
RabbitH0le
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post by Monica on Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:51 pm
([msg=47434]see Re: W3Schools Certificates.[/msg])

Get certifications that are preferred by the majority of employers in the technical field, in which I'd recommend CompTIA (http://www.comptia.org). These certifications are trusted because it meets employer expectations in a specific technical area. Examples of certifications available: A+, Network+, Linux+.

Vulpine wrote:Certifications for web design would be a bit wasteful. Showing your designs will say a lot more about your knowledge and creativity.

The problem with Vulpine's advice is that it is NOT guaranteed that an employer would give the time to look into work or projects that you have completed, unfortunately. Their job is to find someone who they think has more proof of knowledge. Why should they hire someone they DON'T know? Why should they hire someone who has NO proof of knowledge without certifications/a degree? Sure, go ahead and show your work, but how would we know if YOU did the work yourself? Do you honestly think most employers would spend that much time trying to determine if YOU are the right person to do the job? Here's where it comes with a degree or certifications. However, if you truly are interested in a web designing job, W3Schools give you the opportunity to prove your knowledge in certain programming languages.

By the way, there's more than just knowledge when it comes to getting a job. Don't forget about the interview. Don't look and act stupid. The end.
hi am new so plz dont troll me or i report 2 the HTS mods ty
Monica
Contributor
Contributor

Return to Web Design